Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Apparently Geno Smith's stock is rising, since so many teams are QB desperate, so maybe you'll get your wish.
  2. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I hope so. Definitely interested to see how the combine goes for him.
  3. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Trimaj, Eeth-my-Koth and Yoda_S like this.
  4. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  6. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah but if he does it, it forces Barkley to do it, and (in all likelihood) displays that he has a better arm than Barkley. So it's probably good for Geno unless he royally screws it up.
  7. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  10. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
  11. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    it worked for me. not... that that's really useful.

just tried it again, and it worked fine. so... not sure what's up.
  12. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  13. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    It worked fine from my computer but I was on my tablet and it wouldn't work
  14. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    tablets FTW!!21!!2!@!1

yea... my opinion of them is not terribly high.
  15. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    It's great for when I'm laying around on the couch but it kind of sucks to be honest.
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i want a mouse, keyboard and non-touchscreen. i don't like touchscreens. the flipping things are way too inaccurate for me to ever want to use one on a regular basis. it's the main reason i have no desire to have a smartphone. my mom has one and i can barely dial anything on it because my fingers are too big. i'll hit two numbers, or the wrong one. it's just annoying as all get out. i realize a tablet might not have quite that problem... but i just can't see wanting one.
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I only own an E-reader, and it can be great if you just want to occassionally read something (especially fanfic, though if I'm on it too long I start getting really bad headaches), but yeah, if I'm going to do anything, like use more than a sentence or two in commentating or graphics, then I'd prefer to do it on my laptop.
  18. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  19. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Female kicker tries out for regional combine.

Whether she gets any notice from scouts or not, between her, Danica winning the Daytona 500 pole and the Ronda Rousey/Liz Carmouche UFC fight Saturday, this is turning out to be a great week for women in sports.
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  22. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Don't get me wrong, I love the ladies. I mean they rev my engines, but they don't belong on the football field.
    Rox likes this.
  23. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'd take Ronda Rousey over any kicker in the NFL right now.
  24. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    my only real concern is the fact that kickers do, actually, ya know, get hit and have to make tackles at times. and i just can't see most women being able to tackle pretty much anyone in the NFL. so that's something that anyone thinking about drafting/signing a woman would have to seriously take into account.
  25. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    There are female kickers up to the NCAA Division 1 level... but I don't think they belong in the NFL. And yes, this is as someone who made a film about a high school female kicker :p There are a lot of levels where it's okay (and, in fact, I'd argue a lot of high school girls are better suited because they've finished puberty already and women have stronger hips to swing from than guys to begin with, so many of them are quite good at kicking).

But let's be real, even big college guys get crushed when they get in the NFL. I just don't think women are physically able to take hits from those guys. Talk about the NFL caring about safety? Yeah... I agree with Tristan. I'm sure there are ladies who could do the kicking aspect. Unfortunately, kickers do occasionally have to take hits.
    Last edited by solojones, Feb 21, 2013