Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    The Flacco deal doesn't have a lot of guaranteed money though and if IIRC the cap hit this year is only $7m which shouldn't affect their other free agents much.
  2. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    The female kicker failed miserably. Boy were those kicks bad. I know she hurt her leg, but her approach was very odd. For a soccer player she didn't appear to have a soccer style approach.
  3. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    she was also, as she put it, rather out of practice.
  4. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Who the hell tries out for the NFL when you're "out of practice"?
    This stinks of publicity stunt or something worse.
  5. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    to some degree yes. she's not kicked for, i think the article said, at least four years. the one that was linked to earlier. might have been more, maybe less. but that's pretty freaking out of practice.
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  7. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    @solojones What do you think about our 5-yr deal with Bowe? Glad we could use the tag on Albert too, hopefully lock him up next offseason with a stronger line.

I'm happy with the offseason so far.
  8. Yoda_S Force Ghost

star 3
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  10. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...looks-like-a-no-go-for-the-nfl-000059874.html

Seems like the NFL doesn't see how the economics of AEG's downtown L.A. stadium proposal will work at all. So it looks like a "no-go" for the NFL.

Seems kind of amazing that the NFL is doing so well financially and is so powerful that it doesn't really need the nation's second largest TV market. Having a team there would just merely be icing on the cake at this point.
  11. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  12. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    I have to believe there's some defensive player out of the SEC or something who's worth the #1. Though if they trade down for multiple other round picks, I don't think I'd mind that all that much.
  13. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

It does make sense that they've got issues with AEG's financial stability, since the company is in the process of being sold, but does the NFL not see how well L.A. Live is doing? They should wait until a sale is done to see how viable a Downtown site would be for the future.. BUT, there was also this from the article:

"I think there are many major, if not fatal, flaws in the AEG plan and it's surprising the Los Angeles political leadership has not picked up on it from the NFL," said Marc Ganis

No, that's not surprising at all because the folks who make the city government here are absolute morons, who have helped to bankrupt this city while so many things have gone undone (such fixing so much of the bad infrastructure that L.A. has). Pathetic. Also, there's this:

Soon-Shiong and Guggenheim have each met with the NFL to discuss the downtown project and possible interest in the NFL. As part of that, the sources have said that Guggenheim has floated the idea of flipping the stadium project by moving the Dodgers to the downtown site and then build a football stadium on the Dodger Stadium site in Chavez Ravine.

NO, NO, NO! I don't care if the Downtown site doesn't end up working for the NFL, but there are other options (Inglewood, City of Industry) to explore. Moving the Dodgers out of Chavez Ravine would be completely soul crushing, not necessary, and would have the potentially to alienate many fans away from the NFL.
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Just face facts, Tunick, the NFL is never coming back to LA. Come to grips with it and move on.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Mar 6, 2013
  15. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Wow. CJ.01K is still talking....
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    considering some of the games he had last year despite no real passing game... he's still a highly capable back. just needs a better situation/offensive line i think.
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  18. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  19. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Last edited by Juliet316, Mar 8, 2013
  20. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    What are your feeling on Skip Bayless Juli?
  21. tom Chosen One

star 6
    does anyone like skip bayless?
    Darth McClain likes this.
  22. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  23. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

My brother does. :p
  24. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Which strikes me as odd given Bayless is (or was before the Heat won their championship last year), the biggest LeBron hater around.
  25. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    more like he was trying, per his own words, to push lebron to be better and takes a lot of credit for him finally getting a ring. because, you know, a journalist had jack **** to do with it.