Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    I doubt it, unless they can sign him for dirt cheap and he's willing to take a reduced role.
  2. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
    I DEMAND SPECIAL BALLS MARCUS.
  3. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
    Double post because I can.

From what I have heard, that's what the Bears wanted to do with Urlacher and he said "lol no". The fact is that he is old, he isn't as fast or on point anymore. He has missed quite a bit of the past two seasons. Why should they pay him loads of money when he is probably going to rip a bicep three games in. I would just like him to retire a Bear!
  4. Bale Force Ghost

star 4
    I think he's too proud to admit he isn't nearly the player he used to be.
  5. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    So, does anyone really care that the London Jaguars have four years in a row as the home team starting this coming season. One things for sure; it will make the team lots more money than they could get in Jacksonville. [face_alien]
  6. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't like teams playing in London in general. It's too tough on the teams, and the field at Wimbledon when the Giants played a few years there was a mess. You're also taking home games away from the fans of those teams.

I generally do not support the NFL's European strategy at all
  7. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    It's a disgrace that the NFL has played games internationally without having any sort of game played in the L.A. area since 1994.
  8. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well maybe yous don't DESERVE it!
    s65horsey likes this.
  9. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Even with the issue of having a team back being unresolved, I don't see why the NFL couldn't have had a Super Bowl (or two) held out here since '94.
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i don't think it's fair to the teams at all to have to go to europe. and here's a question, how the hell are they going to be dealing with turn around if they have a team playing there every week? it's not like they have bye weeks in the last few weeks of the season. having nfl teams playing in europe will ultimately result in tired players which lowers the product on the field AND can result in more injuries. yet another example of goodel's hypocrisy.
    Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  11. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Because up until the recent renovations to the Rose Bowl, L.A. didn't have a suitable venue that had an abundance of suites. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  12. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
  13. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Of course Tunick would pick Laker colors.:p:)
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    of course. what else would he pick? i'm honestly surprised he doesn't type in laker colors.
    Darth McClain likes this.
  16. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    I predict by the next time he gets colors again, it'll be Dodger Blue. ;)

Back on Topic: Dr. James Andrews (who did the ACL surgery on RGIII) compared RGIII to Adrian Peterson, calling him 'superhuman.' :D
    Last edited by Juliet316, Mar 23, 2013
  17. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    We'll see when the rubber hits the road.
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

I'm loving this. So the NFL didn't get their way this? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor NFL.
  19. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    what is the SMH in reference too precisely?
  20. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    From the flow of the thread, looks like to Baltimore Orioles not moving their game so the Ratbirds could open at home on Thursday night.

I'm with Tunick here. Big whoop. Move the champs game to Sunday Night. I highly doubt NBC would be too unhappy to have the first SNF be Ravens-Steelers on Sunday night. Then do another big game on Thursday to open the season.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  21. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    They are going to play the Ravens game on Thursday, they are just going to make it an away game for the Ravens. I would prefer just making it the Sunday Night Game as well, but that isn't what they are going to do
  22. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Right. I know that they are going to play the Ravens on Thursday on the road. Which I think is stupid. Let the champs open at home with a ceremony.
  23. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree. It should be a home game. I like your idea better. If I was a Ravens fan and ticket holder, I'd be angry.

I went to the Giants home opener in '08 celebrating the Super Bowl, it was great fun. They should not deprive the Ravens fans of that experience.
  24. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    This just popped up in my FB news feed:

[IMG].

:p
    Trimaj and Eeth-my-Koth like this.
  25. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4