Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Brady is creepy...

That is just awful @dp4m
    Juliet316 likes this.
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9

I KNOW!

I felt bad for laughing...
    s65horsey likes this.
  3. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  4. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, I get the dark humor aspect of the joke, but I don't find it particularly funny given the circumstances
  5. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I don't feel bad for laughing, but at least we can use the carpool lane when we go to hell!
  6. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    I cannot tell a lie, I laughed at that :D
  7. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    From the latest Simmons mailbag:

Q: Pick one musical act for the New York Super Bowl halftime: Jay-Z, Bruce, Bon Jovi or the debut of the Frank Sinatra hologram?
    —Chris Agar, Felton, DE

SG: I guess I need more clarity … are we considering this a New York Super Bowl or a New Jersey Super Bowl? (Maybe America should vote on this?) If it's a New York Super Bowl, then I vote for Jay Z performing with the Sinatra hologram. If it's a Jersey Super Bowl, I vote for Bruce and Bon Jovi performing together as Chris Christie eats pasta in the background with a Gandolfini hologram.
    But if we're considering this a New York–New Jersey Super Bowl — a joint collaboration, if you will — then nothing less than a Jay Z–Springsteen combo would suffice. We might as well go all-out because right around the second quarter — when it's 18 degrees and every Super Bowl spectator is in full-fledged WTF mode — we're going to collectively decide that no cold-weather city should ever host a Super Bowl again.

I know Bruce did the halftime show just a few years ago, but if there isn't some sort of Bruce/Jay-Z collaboration, wouldn't it be disappointing?
  8. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    KC looked great in gritting out an OT win against the Steelers.

Our special teams will win a few games this year, I'm convinced of that.
  9. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    lol @ the fans in SF. Three fans made it to the field and they had to bring in all the biker cops to try to prevent more.
  10. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    The Giants offense needs to get it together.
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    That'll make ESPN's Not Top Ten. But will it unseat the Butt Fumble?

In other news, Rex Grossmen wasn't completely terrible yesterday. LOL at Bills.
  12. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Cuts starting to really happen. Some "big" names include:

Josh Cribbs (Raiders)
    Donte Stallworth (Skins)
    Kenny Phillips (Eagles)
    Joe McKnight/Braylon Edwards (Jets)
    Leonard Pope/Devin Aromashodu (Bears)

And thankfully, Ricky Stanzi in Kansas City. What a horrendous waste of a draft pick he turned out to be- early signs were there when he could not beat out the fantastically terrible Tyler Palko for the backup job.
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    And Kevin Kolb has another concussion. The Bills have signed Matt Leinart to serve as Manuel's backup while Kolb recovers.

Sad about Stallworth, but seeing the 'Skins rookies in action this preseason, I can't honestly say I'm shocked.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Aug 26, 2013
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  15. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Cool. Was looking for that, but couldn't find, Juliet.

Brad Wing got cut. What a cool name for a punter.
  16. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Glad I could be of service.:)
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7

What you don't see: Jerome Simpson tackling one of the fans as he tried to make it towards the Vikings huddle.
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Likely snow storm to hit the Meadowlands during Super Bowl XLVIII

Obviously there's no surprise with that prediction, or if the storm were to actually happen... I just want it to happen so, so bad; The freak out about it would be a glorious sight to behold. Also, I've always found it humorous that people take umbrage with a Super Bowl in possible cold & icy conditions. This is football after all, a sport build upon the foundation of uber toughness. The weather shouldn't matter. :p
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Aug 26, 2013
  19. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    I want to see the Bengals beat the 49ers in a blizzard Superbowl. It would have a wonderful historical ironic twist to it.
  20. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4

I want a blizzard. A Snowy Super Bowl would be great
    Juliet316 likes this.
  21. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    DarthTunick likes this.
  22. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I love this story as well for two reasons:

1) The NFL is merely marketing the game! There are Manning posters up, along with those featuring Flacco. The big deal is what again?

2) It reminds me of why Baltimore is opening up their season on the road, despite being the defending Super Bowl champions, and I ******* love that. The Orioles/MLB thumbed their nose at the big, bad NFL, and they won!
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Aug 28, 2013
  23. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    They should have held the game in Baltimore, and made it the Sunday Night Game. The Super Bowl winner should not open up on the road, even if that means sacrificing this Thursday tradition, let some other team open on Thursday since this was an unusual situation. But the fans should get to celebrate their Super Bowl winning team at the home opener.
  24. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Boo hoo

There will be a home opener for Baltimore, the fans will celebrate, and then all will be right in the sports world (for about a half a second, because there'll be another faux controversy for us to digest, dissect, etc... ).
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Aug 28, 2013
  25. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    It's no boo hoo for me, I'm a Giants fan. I have no dog in that fight personally, I just think there was a better decision to be made there.