main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Tomorrow is the cut to 53 deadline. Some interesting names that didn't make final rosters:

Matt Leinart (Bills), Trent Edwards (Bears), Lance Ball (Broncos), Marcus Trufant (Jaguars), Jake Ballard (Pats), Dan Carpenter (Jets- third team he's been cut from this offseason, after Fins and Cards), Max Starks (Chargers), Michael Robinson (Seahawks).

Most cuts coming tomorrow.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I thought Trent Edwards retired?

Leinart was a goner the moment the Bills decided to go with the undrafted rookie while Manuel is healing from his knee surgery.

ESPN is fully expecting Te'o to be cut from the Chargers tomorrow.

Tebow's fate essentially depends on whether Gronk goes on the 6 week PUP list to start the season.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Te'o? He's not going anywhere.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Just saying what ESPN is spouting out.

5. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    There is no chance the Chargers cut Te'o.

6. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Bai Bai J'Marcus Webb [face_tee_hee]

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Vince Young didn't make the Packers roster. Many thought that when they cut Harrell, it meant Young was staying.

Also, any Hard Knocks fans, the Bengals cut the Terminator John Conner. Staying with Orson Charles, who can't block worth a ****. As a converted TE, he gives Dalton another option, though.

Edit- Tebow has been cut by New England.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  8. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    Tim Tebow was cut by the Patriots.

9. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Wow I am surprised by this.

Mobile sock of s65horsey

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Pats cut their punter Zoltan Mesko, too. One of the cooler names in football.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

Eeth-my-Koth and heels1785 like this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

CUT. By Carolina.

Captain Tom Coughlin - Giants cut Ramses Barden. Interesting, always thought he had the physical tools. Not be confused with the tool shown above.

13. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Barden has generally been invisible for the Giants. Disappears against press coverage. He does seem to have the physical tools, but it just doesn't seem to all come together for him. He had a big game against Carolina last season, but that was against guys down their depth chart.

Giants have a good group of receivers too, it's a hard unit to break into. I am anxiously awaiting to see what they do with some of these defensive lineman, the Giants are going to have to cut some good football players.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Gronk's brother, Dan got cut by the Browns.

Edit: Jets cut QB Greg McElroy and 49ers cut Austin Collie

16. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Looks like the Jints actually put Barden on IR with a knee. Also they attempted to trade DT Marvin Austin but couldn't find a deal, and have cut ways with him.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Texans have cut Mike Smith and the Jags have parted ways with Mike Zimmer.

Steelers cut Mike Golic's son. Mike & Mike will be interesting on Monday.

Seahawks dump Brady Quinn (wasn't even aware he'd been signed with them).

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Quinn played very well in the last preseason game. He'll be picked up, as will Jonathan Dwyer, who was the leading rusher for Pittsburgh last year and cut today.

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Pretty shocked that Dweyer got cut. I guess we'll see what happens with Redman and Bell?

20. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Those cuts seem so Notre Dame centric. :(

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Odd, has he sucked over preseason or something? Been very good the last few years.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

They picked up a rookie free agent with a bigger leg- I think it was a cash decision. Mesko is a great clutch punter, I don't think he'll be out of work for long.

23. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I hate that organization, top to bottom. This doesn't come as a surprise.

25. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Their fans suck too. I went to one of the first Bears at the new stadium and I had beer thrown at me. I was only 13! They are such scumbags.