main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Yes, well said EF.

Typically (not you Juliet), these are also the people who whine about the SEC getting preferential treatment in the college game, and believe that David Stern is rigging the NBA because of the Chris Paul deal.

It's all a big conspiracy, and they need an outlet for their anger- generally they spew it on the subhuman ESPN comment sections. We get it, whatever.

2. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Great game by the Colts last night! I hope Reggie gets negative results on his MRI today. That would be a huge blow if he's gone for the rest of the year.

Regarding Decker's non-touchdown call - the refs made the right call, however, I disagree with the "Calvin Johnson" rule, in and of itself. That should be a touchdown every time. I hope the competition committee visits this and changes it in the near future.

3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Yesterday had some very entertaining football games.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Reggie Wayne out for the season with torn ACL.

Which is terrible because you know when people say "it couldn't happen to a nicer guy?" This time it's meant totally unironically. Reggie Wayne is (and has always been) a total class act to my knowledge. Shows up, does his job (well) and has been overshadowed by other higher profile teammates for years. Now finally with his work ethic and being out from under their shadow to have this happen is heartbreaking.

I hope he comes back next year and destroys the league.

solojones and DarthTunick like this.
  5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Bud Adams passed away today.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    [​IMG]

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

9. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
  10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

No.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Heh I love that "oh yeah" gif, bad photoshopping and all.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    What carnage. Wayne for the season, Bradford for the season, Cutler for weeks, Briggs for weeks, Hall for the season, Cushing for the season.

13. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think the bad photoshop job is part of the charm

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh yeah, bad photoshop in any gif is almost always great.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Also temporary paralysis for Jermichael Finley, he was in ICU last night. Second neurological injury in three weeks. Really brutal week.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Man, I came in here to post the Big Red as the Koolaid Man gif. Laaaame :p

And yeah, that is awful about Reggie Wayne. I felt a little sick when I saw that injury last night. Peyton kind of did, too.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  17. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    It was a race against time for us both!

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Not to mention concussion for Foles, and another hamstring injury for Foster.

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This was definitely a brutal week for injuries. The Chiefs have been really fortunate this year in that arena *knock on wood*. This after we had three of our biggest players out with ACL injuries 2 years ago. Even though our #1 Corner Brandon Flowers has been in and out this season with a knee injury, luckily rookie Marcus Cooper is making that almost a non-factor.

EDIT: Oh, and we are lucky. Because according to analysts and the D-line, the Texans scummy O-Line was going after Dontari Poe's knees all day. And even I noticed something they pointed out- the Texan's Center was basically false-starting on every play. He kept moving his head and shoulders up before hiking to try to get guys to jump. Unreal.

Of course then Cushing is crying foul about Charles' chop block. Hey, maybe it was because your guy had been doing it to our guys all day long. I can tell you Charles is far from a dirty player. But he's also a small guy trying to block a big guy. And he's a guy who was playing a team that had been running full speed at its nose-tackle's knees all day. Just saying.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I can't remember a week where nearly every game (except for Jets/Pats which had Gronk's return and I think Ravens/Steelers) had some sort of serious injury of some sort. Of course the week still isn't over as we still have Monday night to get through.

21. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Given the state of the Giants, I'm sure my state of mind and my liver are going to take a beating tonight.

DarthTunick and heels1785 like this.
  22. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    This makes me happy for reasons beyond being flat out hilarious. Seeing our coach fired up and excited is awesome after being stuck with Todd Haley for so long. Romeo seemed like a really nice guy but I don't know if you would have seen this out of him.

solojones likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Reid actually seems rejuvenated after his last couple of seasons in Philly.

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Hmmm, an 86 yard punt return for a TD courtesy of Marcus Sherels (of Minnesota)? Not bad, not bad at all.

25. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Happy for Reid. Glad to see that his dead son didn't ruin his career.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.