Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

No.
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Heh I love that "oh yeah" gif, bad photoshopping and all.
  3. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    What carnage. Wayne for the season, Bradford for the season, Cutler for weeks, Briggs for weeks, Hall for the season, Cushing for the season.
  4. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the bad photoshop job is part of the charm
  5. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Oh yeah, bad photoshop in any gif is almost always great.
  6. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Also temporary paralysis for Jermichael Finley, he was in ICU last night. Second neurological injury in three weeks. Really brutal week.
  7. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Man, I came in here to post the Big Red as the Koolaid Man gif. Laaaame :p

And yeah, that is awful about Reggie Wayne. I felt a little sick when I saw that injury last night. Peyton kind of did, too.
    Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  8. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    It was a race against time for us both!
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Not to mention concussion for Foles, and another hamstring injury for Foster.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Oct 21, 2013
  10. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    This was definitely a brutal week for injuries. The Chiefs have been really fortunate this year in that arena *knock on wood*. This after we had three of our biggest players out with ACL injuries 2 years ago. Even though our #1 Corner Brandon Flowers has been in and out this season with a knee injury, luckily rookie Marcus Cooper is making that almost a non-factor.

EDIT: Oh, and we are lucky. Because according to analysts and the D-line, the Texans scummy O-Line was going after Dontari Poe's knees all day. And even I noticed something they pointed out- the Texan's Center was basically false-starting on every play. He kept moving his head and shoulders up before hiking to try to get guys to jump. Unreal.

Of course then Cushing is crying foul about Charles' chop block. Hey, maybe it was because your guy had been doing it to our guys all day long. I can tell you Charles is far from a dirty player. But he's also a small guy trying to block a big guy. And he's a guy who was playing a team that had been running full speed at its nose-tackle's knees all day. Just saying.
    Last edited by solojones, Oct 21, 2013
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I can't remember a week where nearly every game (except for Jets/Pats which had Gronk's return and I think Ravens/Steelers) had some sort of serious injury of some sort. Of course the week still isn't over as we still have Monday night to get through.
  12. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    Given the state of the Giants, I'm sure my state of mind and my liver are going to take a beating tonight.
    DarthTunick and heels1785 like this.
  13. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    This makes me happy for reasons beyond being flat out hilarious. Seeing our coach fired up and excited is awesome after being stuck with Todd Haley for so long. Romeo seemed like a really nice guy but I don't know if you would have seen this out of him.
    solojones likes this.
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Reid actually seems rejuvenated after his last couple of seasons in Philly.
  15. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Hmmm, an 86 yard punt return for a TD courtesy of Marcus Sherels (of Minnesota)? Not bad, not bad at all.
  16. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Happy for Reid. Glad to see that his dead son didn't ruin his career.
    TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  17. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    A lot of people on this KC team have experienced tragedy recently. I mean, the whole team had to deal with Jovan Belcher's murder-suicide at the practice facility last year. There was an article somewhere recently about how a lot of the people on this team are realizing just how precious it is to get to play a game for a living and that they should enjoy it while they can. I think there's something to that.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  18. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Oh, also I was listening to SportsTalk in KC today at work and they kept playing this clip of Jamaal Charles being humble about his talents:

Jamaal on being an MVP candidate: "I'm just continuing to play football and I'm very blessed to get all the Escalades."

[face_laugh] You know what he meant, but still. Give the man ALL THE ESCALADES!
    Jedi-Anakin-Solo likes this.
  19. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    SMH at his college education.
  20. burrisjedimaster1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Vikings vs. Giants worst game I have seen this year
  21. jacktherack Force Ghost

star 4
    From vikingsmeme's (@skolmemes)
    "Vikings might fire everybody tomorrow.
    Coaches, Gm, mascots, valets, vendors, security, cheerleaders, players, fans... Everybody."
    burrisjedimaster1 likes this.
  22. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah I watched parts only because I had utterly nothing to do at work for a while but man was it awful.

But yeah see I think Jamaal is just being realistic. I think he does deserve all the escalades.
  23. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I'm a sports masochist, so I stuck with this game (save for a stretch in the 3rd quarter when I was filling out job applications, though the game was still on in the background :p ) until the bitter end. Nice to see the Giants finally win one this season, but despite Gruden's insistence that .."anything could happen!", these football Giants aren't making the playoffs. Next week's game is going to be interesting... not for the match up (Seattle/Rams) necessarily (at least Seattle is decent to watch), but because the game is in St. Louis. Why do I find that intriguing? Because game 5 of this year's World Series (featuring the St. Louis Cardinals) is scheduled to be played in St. Louis that night, and since it's very likely that there will be a game 5, you're going to have quite the dynamic (possibly) among those folks in attendance at the Edward Jones Dome. Will they be paying enough attention? How many radios will be tuned in for the Sox/Cards game? Hell, will there even be 40,000+ people in attendance? :p

Obviously it's bad luck/not ESPN's & the NFL's intention to have such a terrible match up, but a flex scheduling option really ought to be put in place for MNF. Yeah it's never been done before, and there are valid arguments against it, but I'd like to see it happen anyway. Of course ESPN/the NFL would never publicly admit it, but SNF on NBC is the more pristine/valuable prime time game... in my humble opinion, anyway.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Oct 21, 2013
  24. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  25. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I like the color of his Puma wear. :p

The shade of that green/gray on the Escalade makes it look like a military vehicle.