1. MERRY "TALK LIKE A PIRATE" DAY! ARR!

Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. tom Chosen One

star 6
  2. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Ah...yeah then I don't think this is that. Manning at least isn't going to be one to look over Brady's team. Idk about the rest of the Broncos.
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Not so much a trap game as much as "Brady's probably going to be still really ticked off over how that game vs Carolina ended and take it out on on the Bronco's defense."
  4. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    how can any game against the pats ever be a trap game? they're one of those harder opponents that teams would be looking ahead to... and get womped on by like the jags or something, not the other way around.

and i dunno, the pats haven't exactly had peyton's number the last however many times they've played. ever since that playoff win, it's kinda gone the other way, regardless of location.
  5. dp4m Chosen One

star 9

Because the Pats are 2.5 point underdogs at home that's why.
  6. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    it's still the pats, one of the premier teams of the league since 2001, and nothing has done anything to change that. who cares if they're 2.5 underdogs at home? i dare you to name any team that would actually not devote their full week to the pats. probably more, because that's what brady and belicheck have earned. and that's not something that just randomly disappears. if they were losing most of their games, and it seemed like there was something wrong with brady, then maybe, maybe i'd buy it. but neither is the case.
  7. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    What is your definition of a crappy team? Tomlinson played in an AFC championship game and was in the playoffs 5 times. AP has played in an AFC championship game and the playoffs 3 times.
  8. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    the majority of tomlinson's career they really weren't that great of a team though. he was the main reason they made it where they did most of the time. rivers has never impressed me as a qb, and their wideouts were never really very good. they had a good line, and they had a HoFer in tomlinson, with a decent defense that happened to play the 3-4 before teams really started figuring out how to play against it. when were they ever really impressive beyond gates and tomlinson?

and the vikings? seriously? how can you say they've had a legitimately good team other than that one year with favre, when they made it to the aforementioned AFC championship game? i mean really... the vikings are terrible, have been terrible, and are probably going to be terrible for a while. it's a real waste of AP, sadly. he's in a very barry sandersish situation, great, great RB who is good enough to get them to the playoffs, but not good enough to get beyond that. the lions with sanders made it to the playoffs more than a few times, but would anyone really call them good teams?
    Last edited by Trimaj, Nov 23, 2013
  9. tom Chosen One

star 6
    you might have just answered your own question. the vast majority of good teams have good qb's, whereas teams who lean really heavily on the running game tend to do so because their qb is not so great. a lot of great running backs have played on great teams. in most cases though they don't put up gaudy numbers because their teams aren't as one-dimensional as peterson's vikings or sanders' lions.
    s65horsey likes this.
  10. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Beat me by a minute, tom. I was coming in here to say that it made logical sense to me that the good teams had good qbs and there were less chances for the rb to gain a lot of yards.
  11. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i get that. i just wish we could see something like what happened when faulk ended up on the rams, or smith on the cowboys, etc. it's absolutely amazing to watch a HoF back and a great QB play the game together, and we just don't get to see that often enough. when was the last time that happened? was it the faulk/warner rams? i guess it was more of a rhetorical question than anything else.
  12. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i think you could make an argument that it's happening right now with lynch and wilson. league's second leading rusher and 5th highest rated passer on a 10-1 team.
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    could definitely make an argument for that. wasn't aware they were doing that well.

but that'd be what... more than a decade between them?
  14. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i dunno, there are definitely other examples of single seasons like that at least. how about the 2004 patriots? won the super bowl, and everyone just thinks of brady, but corey dillon ran for over 1600 yards that year.
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    was thinking of pairings that lasted several seasons. that was, as you said, pretty much a one off. you don't really get that same level of chemistry as you'd have the following seasons.

i mean... i guess you could argue james/manning before edge's knee got messed up.

but neither of those are exactly HoF calibre backs now are they?
  16. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    We got to see it with Peterson when he had Favre.

Weird slate of games today, but tonight's gonna be a throwdown!
  17. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  18. dp4m Chosen One

star 9

Just like the San Diego Chargers. lol@Chiefs?
  19. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
  20. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    SUPERCAM

And sigh @ the Pack's tie. Awesome comeback though.
  21. thebeanpole Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'm hoping that Talib is his usual self tonight...

[IMG]
  22. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  23. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
  24. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Manning vs. Brady

I just ordered Pizza Hut for this. PIZZA HUT. And I live in NYC!
    heels1785 likes this.
  25. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Well the Patriots are off to a great start. Haha
  26. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    don't really like the pats' chances at this point. if denver scores again then... well... yea.