main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  2. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I'll keep your seat warm for you for next Monday.

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Hahaha. Chris must be in heaven. Poor Eden. TypoCelchu

5. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I agree. I think coach McDizzle can be a good head coach. He took a lot of heat for how things went with the Broncos, but people forget that they started 6-0 in his first season before falling apart over the next year and half. He did make a lot of head-scratching personnel decisions, no doubt about it, but it turns out that in the end he was right about a few of them (Demaryius Thomas, Knowshon Moreno, Zane Beadles, J.D. Walton), and turned Brandon Lloyd into a receiver that put up some really good numbers after being a castoff from several other teams.
    As a Pats fan though, I'd like to see him stay as O-Coordinator, and possibly take over whenever Belichick is done coaching years from now.

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That sounds like a match made in Heaven (no pun intended).

Tebow had an outstanding college career, and though brief, he had some memorable NFL moments. I can understand why his pious (some would say self righteous) attitude rubs some a lot of people the wrong way, but come on. There are a number of pro athletes whose personal conduct deserves our scorn. I'm not sure Tim Tebow is one of them.

I'm old enough to remember when Belichick himself was actually the head coach of the Browns, and he similarly rubbed people the wrong way and made some (then) head-scratching personnel decisions like releasing Bernie Kosar mid-season (though ditching Kosar for Testaverde ultimately proved to be the right call). I think he learned from that experience and applied it to his next gig...which is also his current gig. I'm not saying McDaniels is the next Belichick, but I could see him being successful in his next go-round, and I have no doubt he'll get the chance somewhere, if not Cleveland.

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Honestly, it's not Tim Tebow himself that rubs me the wrong way (He seems by and large to be a very nice person), but rather some of his more ... rabid... fanbase (like Skip Bayless and some of of those fans that rented billboards in Denver and Jacksonville trying to get the owners to make Tebow starting QB - or even on the team at all in the Jags case), that turn me off to the whole 'Tebow phenomenon (as Skip Bayless would call it)'.

9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I am sure that Skip Bayless will once again heap huge compliments Tebow's way in welcoming him aboard the ESPN conglomeration of networks which the SEC Network is a part of (over/under amount of times Bayless praises Tebow's breakdown of the game once he starts which is before the BCS game on ESPN's pregame show: 1000 or above).

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ESPN's stat department and numberfire.com put together some projections for the playoffs.

Projections to make Super Bowl
    (NFC)
    Seattle - 23.7%
    Carolina - 12.3%
    San Francisco - 4.6%
    New Orleans - 3.4%
    Philly - 2.0%
    Green Bay - 0.8%
    (AFC)
    Denver - 34.4%
    New England - 7.8%
    Kansas City - 4.6%
    Cincinatti - 2.9%
    Indianapolis - 2.4%
    San Diego - 0.9%

11. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Chargers should be the favorite, every team that has played Philly in their home opener the past five years have gone and won the Super Bowl.

thebeanpole likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Jones-Drew is going to test free agency. Teams that come to mind that have some cap room are Cleveland, Miami, Carolina, and possibly New England. New Orleans or the Jets would be good fits for him, but the Saints are going to have to fight out of the red, and the Jets will be cutting it close.

My guess is Miami.

13. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012

Bad Lip READING NFL

I thought that this was hilarious! :)

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    DJ steve porter also remixed it- this will get stuck in your head, buyer beware.

Trimaj and Bib Fartuna like this.
  15. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    "Orange Peanut" should be released as a song!

If 'What does the Fox say?' can get air time, surely "Orange Peanut" can!

[​IMG]

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It's awesome- DJ Steve Porter has so many other good remixes, too.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Like the Tebow that starred Skip Bayless?

18. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    orange peanut...

19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Eli Porter > Steve Porter

20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    ESPN is reporting that Bill O'Brien will be the new head coach for the Texans.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, they've pretty much been reporting that since practically Sunday before all the Black Monday firings started coming in.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Any word on who O'Brien's replacement might be? I know Greg Schiano's name has been mentioned before.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    No clue. Won't really matter as Penn State is still on a lengthy bowl/post season ban.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Schiano will be in the mix, probably a leading candidate. Outside chance they pursue a known quantity like a George O'Leary to finish stabilizing the program over the next few years.

O'Brien is an excellent hire for Houston. I don't know if Bridgewater fits his scheme, but this draft is loaded with quarterbacks, he will find one. They may go the same route with Washington that they went with Atlanta/Schaub and trade for Cousins, then draft and put Clowney opposite Watt. That team is immensely talented, and they're in a perennially weak division.

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    The Texans are definitely far more talented than your typical team selecting first overall. It should be a quick turnaround, provided they make the right call at QB. And speaking of which, I see that Bridgewater just officially declared and is projected first overall. Not that it means much on Jan 1st. Still a lot of time for stocks to rise and fall. I do believe this will be a tough pick to move, though. Someone could fall in love with Bridgewater, but as you said, just (potentially) so many QBs in this class. For instance the Browns, one of the few teams that might make a play for #1 given that they have two first rounders, are supposedly all over Manziel. I loathe Manziel, and as a Browns fan I want nothing to do with him. But that comeback against Duke last night...