main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just heard that on Czaban, tunes. Exciting stuff.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

(deadspin)

Trimaj, Thrawn1786, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
  6. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I miss the old logos too. But we still get the host committee logo which I've seen all over town.
    http://news.sportslogos.net/2013/12/03/super-bowl-xlix-host-committee-unveils-logo/

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Oh that is just SO perfect!

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm hearing that Michael Strahan got elected to the Hall of Fame. Well deserved!

DarthTunick and heels1785 like this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hadn't heard that yet, given they're making the HOF announcements on their NFL Honors show this year, which is on FOX.

10. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Giants beat writer had it on Twitter. Supposedly three others who got in are

Andre Reed, Walter Jones and Derrick Brooks

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The writers finally decided not to have the elephant in the room year after year huh?
    Talking about Andre Reed

Edit: Not that it really matters given that ESPN is spoiling the whole awards on SportsCenter right now.
    They have Eddy Lacy as Offensive Player of the Year and Ron Rivera as Coach of the Year.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Juliet316 -- what's the elephant in the room with him?

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Those are brilliant choices for HOF. Best offensive lineman of my lifetime, happy the voters didn't make him wait.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ray Guy, Claude Humphreys, and Aeneas Williams are also in this year's class.

15. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Holy ****

Ray Guy is in

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That is just awesome. The Pro Football HOF is just awesome, everything about them and the way they go about their business. Sure, I was fired up about Art Monk for a few years, but he eventually got in there.

MLB pales in comparison, again.

Trimaj and thebeanpole like this.
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That's because at least the Pro Football HOF has rules that at least ensure there are inductees every year, which I think can partly take bias out of the equation (by and large; I doubt you could eliminate bias voting completely,) whereas 75% is the threshold for the Baseball HOF and the writers can vote their bias to their hearts content (which is why you have voters saying no to anybody who played in the Steriod Era - implicated or not - and writers selling their votes to Deadspin). If Baseball had rules similar to the Football HOF, then maybe embarrassments like last year's total shut out with no inductees via the BBWA, wouldn't happen.

/soapbox.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I love seeing Jim Kelly being the happiest guy in the room for Andre Reed.

19. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Guys. I just crashed the NFL Honors.

20. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    LOL @ warren sapp

dp4m likes this.
  21. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I suppose it's time for my prediction:

Seahawks 27, Broncos 24.

22. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Yay! Ray Guy! Good for you man! He was the first football card I ever got my hands on - made me a Raiders fan for life!

Congrats also to Michael Strahan - an all around great guy.

And go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Drove by MetLife Stadium last night. Probably the closest I'll ever get to the super bowl.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Juliet316 - how do you feel about Cousins being traded, maybe for a 2nd or 3rd round pick? PFT is saying that Cousins is open to the deal, now that Gruden has named RG3 the undisputed starter.

On one hand, you get a chance to upgrade secondary and/or receiving corps in one of the deepest/most talented drafts in 10 years. On the other hand, you have a young QB with one good season, and one bad one - with an injury history. Nice to have the insurance, yes?