Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Interesting. Somebody can get a good backup QB.

And Sensei, can you please link me to one of these articles that you've read? If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/02/arbitrator-rules-jimmy-grahams-a-tight-end/

Article notes Saints have leverage and will save money on his contract because he's designated as a TE.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...end-for-franchise-tag-by-arbitrator/12046925/

Another article noting Graham's designation at TE gave the Saints leverage in negotiating the long term contract, despite Graham leading in the league and touchdown catches and in the Top 15 in catches and receiving yards.
    Last edited by Sith_Sensei__Prime, Jul 15, 2014
  3. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks but, I didn't mean for the subject to be any type of heated debate. So hopefully no hard feelings.

Anyway, I'm surprised the Cowboys let Kyle Orton go considering the health of Romo. Maybe the Niners can sign Orton, as I am not sure Blaine Gabbert is the answer.

The Niners open their season in Dallas. Niner fans, such as myself, are looking forward to that game.
    heels1785 likes this.
  5. Juliet316 Force Ghost

star 8
    I'm not considering Orton hasn't shown up for any of the mandatory team stuff including his physical.
  6. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Sensei - of course not, mate. Just good fun.

So Greg Hardy's going to prison. Two months, probably less, for assaulting his girlfriend. I'd imagine Goodell isn't messing around with this, and he'll be done for the year - his girlfriend was using language like "scared for my life."
  7. Juliet316 Force Ghost

star 8
    And Titus Young was arrested. Again.
  8. MistrX Jedi Master

star 4
    My first reflex was to dispute this, then I remembered Flacco.
    Last edited by MistrX, Jul 15, 2014
  9. Wanderguard Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Jeez, the Saints retained Graham for a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Titus Young is a tragic case. He is a disturbed young man who had incredible potential playing alongside Anthony Pettis when they were wideouts at Boise.

I wish somebody like Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin would reach out to this kid - I know it wouldn't be visible, he's long gone from the NFL, but he needs someone to help him. Perhaps after his jail time wraps up, even.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Juliet316 Force Ghost

star 8
    Brandon Marshall's trying to reach out to Young.
  12. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Good! Another former troubled player who has really turned things around in Chicago. Great news, I hadn't heard that.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316 Force Ghost

star 8
    Yeah, he's been trying for awhile (ever since the first incidents with Young last year, IIRC), and yesterday on ESPN's NFL Insiders/NFL Live, he was talking about his attempts to reach out to Young as well as his attempts to improve access to mental health services for all NFL players (he's apparently spoken to Goodell about it)
  14. dp4m Chosen One

star 10
    I didn't realize how small Michael Sam is. The Rock dwarfs him.
  15. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    At the Levi's Stadium ribbon cutting ceremony, Goodell suggest the Raiders could be co-tenets there

1)This is such a ridiculous & offensive idea... for Oakland. If there going to stay in Northern California, then it should be -obviously they're having trouble with this, hence for this sort-of-thing via Goodell to come up, and the always present return--to-L.A. rumors- within the Oakland city limits, or extremely adjacent to it. It's silly -though I'm not an idiot: business wise, etc, I know why the Santa Clara move was made- enough for the 49ers to do it, so Oakland ought not to follow their lead.

2) I also find inherently dumb for 2 teams in the same sport (hello there, Giants/Jets, Lakers/Clippers!) to share a facility. A pet peeve of mine.

3) In the end, though, all of this is an intellectual/theatrical exercise... there's no way this would ever happen, anyway.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jul 17, 2014
    ShaneP likes this.
  16. LloydChristmas Jedi Master

star 4
    Brandon Marshall has been a boss since his tantrum-throwing days in Denver. Good for him, and hopefully Titus gets in touch.
    heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Juliet316 Force Ghost

star 8
  18. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  19. vin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Great, but they still need to find a team to relocate lol.
    Also, hooray for teams reporting to training camp!
  20. vin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Great, but they still need to find a team to relocate lol.
    Also, hooray for teams reporting to training camp!
  21. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I'm telling you, well my not-always-correct gut feeling is telling you that it will be either the Raiders or Rams, or both, which would make for some rich irony/poetic justice.

:p
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jul 21, 2014
  22. vin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm banking on Raiders.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  23. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    God, Tony Dungy has taken another turn to crazy town. He's very religious, and I understand that, but damn do I hate it when he goes off the deep end like he did with the Sam comments today.

Someone described them as "showing a stunning lack of courage," which I agree with. An excellent coach, and a good man, but I don't like some of the ultra-religious views at all.

Edit: I guess I should provide context. Here.
    Last edited by heels1785, Jul 21, 2014
    Darth_Smeagol and DarthTunick like this.
  24. Condition2SQ Jedi Knight

star 4
    Aw, Dungy's found something else besides grown men cussing in an NFL locker room to complain about. How adorable.
    Darth_Smeagol and DarthTunick like this.
  25. Juliet316 Force Ghost

star 8
    You mean he does something else besides mentoring dog killers?