main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    At least we'll be talking about stuff on the football field in the morning unlike most of the last two weeks.

Also Devin Hester broke Deion Sanders' record for TD returns.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Spot the rather obvious logo mistake...

solojones likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    :oops:I'm sure the people of St. Louis really appreciate that right now, CNN.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Taking butt fumble to a different place.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Goodell about to go live with press conference regarding the last few weeks.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is the most elementary press conference I've ever seen. No follow-up questions, aside from Rachel Nichols, and he's said the same thing over and over. Rachel Nichols has been amazing, she is hitting hard.

Benji from the Stern Show just crashed it and started shrieking "Don't put me in an elevator!!" lol

Darth Tunes likes this.
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, wow. The Ravens are ******.

1) The Ravens were knee-deep, they knew everything and the security director got a full accounting.
    2) The Ravens ownership immediately lobbied the legal system and the NFL for leniency.
    3) John Harbaugh, who had always been thought of as a stand=up guy, confirmed that and immediately asked for Rice to be cut after seeing the first video we all saw and was denied.
    4) He was then made to take the heat by the owners for holding that first, insane press conference where he basically had to apologize for the organization (stand up move, guys. You stay classy, San Diego!).
    5) Text message from Ravens owner to Ray Rice, to aid in the cover up:
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...l-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Jason la Canfora mentioned something earlier about a "frantic" meeting the Ravens were setting up. Guess this was it.

Bob Ley and the OTL investigators are, without a doubt, ESPN's biggest contribution to the sports world. They are amazing.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Stay Classy, San Diego, dp4m?

I don't see Harbaugh staying after this year, if all this is indeed what went down.

heels1785 - I saw a similar headline about a crisis meeting on my MSN homepage, so yeah, that's probably it.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Harbaugh was a nobody before the Ravens brought him on, a special teams coordinator. It will be hard for him to leave - but he absolutely should. I thought highly of him before this - I think highly of him now.

Ozzie Newsome, Dick Cass, and Steve Biscotti are morally bankrupt, as is Goodell and the league. Fire all of them and force Biscotti to sell the team.

Also, Ray Rice is a piece of ****.

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I will say, about Ray Rice, he actually looks the best out of everyone in this (other than Harbaugh) which is really saying something. I also do believe it was a one-time thing as this was, quite literally, the only negative thing I've ever heard about him, as well as he honestly believes that he fessed up to everything both when he spoke to the Ravens and then when he spoke to Goodell.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It is quite telling when the man being at the center and being osterasized is coming out of this slightly better than the authority figures around him.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Just saw the Maddow segment on this. She pretty much evisicerated Goodell and the Ravens.

16. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I just want everyone to know I'm a genius - I started the Falcons DEF Thursday night on my fantasy team. ^:)^

Now - why on earth did I choose the Falcons, who until last night were the worst defense and had as yet no sacks? Because I'm in a 16-team league and almost every defense is owned, and I had been using the Steelers who have been truly awful on defense. My other choice was the Packers, but they're playing Detroit and I have Stafford & Megatron.

So I went with the Falcons because they were playing the Bucs, who I knew to be bad team. I just moved from St. Louis to the south of Tampa area in FL and I had the pleasure of watching the Bucs' first two games on TV - they are BAD. My choice worked out well.

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Uhhhhh...

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

That was an indication as to how bad everyone else looks, not how good Ray Rice looks. :p

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

The article you linked to here specifically says this is not because of the domestic violence issue, but that this was decided months ago.

And good riddance. I am all for raising awareness and collecting donations for Breast Cancer research and treatment, but good God all that pink is really annoying. Remember the one week of pink flags that looked exactly like the pink towels players kept accidentally dropping on the field? That was a genius idea.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  21. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    There is a disturbing poll on espn.com asking if Goodell should remain as commissioner with 40% saying he should. Looking at how many people have voted that's over 100,000 people who are ok with him trying to cover up the severity of the Ray Rice video.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If the ESPN findings are right, it's possible he never saw the video, and was telling the truth. However, it is impossible that he valued the safety of Ms. Rice/Palmer over the request of Steve Biscotti to run a lax investigation.

He needs to go. They all do.

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Although, it's clear the NFL offices had the video AND that the Ravens organization knew exactly what happened AND that Ray Rice likely told him exactly what happened.

So, really, there's no real excuse even with the Ravens organization asking for him to go lax. What's damning is that the Ravens organization asked LAW ENFORCEMENT AND THE LEGAL SYSTEM to go lax, which (if I were Eric Holder) would force me to launch an investigation immediately.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Can't really say I'm surprised by the Ravens. I mean they have a history of helping their star players clean up their legal messes before *coughRayLewiscough*

25. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Wipe them out. All of them.

jcgoble3 and Juliet316 like this.