main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Andy will find a way to mess this up.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am excite.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, of course.

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    #84 Demetrius Harris TE for K.C., went to Wisconsin Milwaukee?

I graduated from UWM, they have no football team.

5. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    According to this, he played basketball at UWM, not football. He played football in high school and junior college (the latter after failing to qualify academically for NCAA sports), then played basketball only at UWM.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I dunno about solojones or TinyTinyTony, but I never, ever expected us to win this one. Ever.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Which isn't, exactly earthshattering, as there have been a few players who have gone into football after playing college basketball. Antonio Gates for one.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm happy that Tirico was able to remind us how terrible, mentally, Brady's week is going to be after tonight. Didn't you know that he's a ultra competitor who still loves the game of football?!

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    heels1785 likes this.
  11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
  12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I had to work late tonight. Watching the NE get the pole axe on MNF sure helped.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    He gone.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Time to send my resume to Oakland... there's literally no way that I could do worse.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Dennis Allen is a great coordinator, and will find success. Reggie McKenzie is an established talent, and I suspect he's been severely hampered since day one.

There is one sports franchise in the United States more flawed than, and with poorer leadership than the Raiders, and even they have a marketable star in Giancarlo Stanton. Awful personnel and contract decisions, zero excitement, no reason to expect change anytime soon.

Blow it up and start over. Figure out what the Clippers did, and replicate that.

16. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, you mean getting an actual good coach, established star to run the most important position on the court who could actually lead, and let them do what they needed to do? easier said than done, that.

who's worse than the raiders? just curious.

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

After years of being great, I think you're time to suck is long overdue. :D

The Great No One likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The Clippers were on the way up before Doc came - getting their house in order was crucial to luring him. The Raiders need marketable players to generate excitement, and make themselves more alluring for free agents. I don't know how they'll do it.

And the Miami Marlins.

Also, the Pats will win the East. Who else is going to challenge them? Three of the worst teams in the NFL?

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    the dolphins seemed to have been playing fairly well so far. beating the pats fairly convincingly for one thing.

i think the main thing that changed for the clips prior to getting doc was chris paul. their personnel certainly didn't go through drastic changes, he just started making a difference. but the raiders don't have anyone like that, so they need a good coach to possibly bring that out in someone they have. but that looks unlikely as well.

20. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Its not the like the Pats are 0-4 right now, they clearly have problems, substantial problems that the Chiefs were able to exploit, but they have a great coach and quarterback who know how to win. At worst, the Pats will end up being just like the Yankees were this year, a winning team that doesn't make the playoffs. Though I agree with heels, the Pats will probably win the East, and I don't even know how the rest of the East is doing, other than the Dolphins are playing about as well as the Pats and were also beat by the Chiefs.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    One week ago today, Joe Philbin's seat was white hot - so much so that he betrayed and irritated his young quarterback by refusing to back him or name him as starter over the craptastic Matt Moore. They're nowhere near a "good team."

The Bills just replaced Manuel with Orton, and the Jets, lol.

It's one game, and Arrowhead is a wretched place for away teams. Pats will be fine, and win 9-10 and the division, like always.

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    If the Pats win their division the playoffs are automatic. I think they'll make it in. They're offense is struggling this year(coming in to this week they were ranked last in yards per play) and their defense continues to be horrible.

23. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    The Twelfth Man of Arrowhead, one of the most underrated factors in the NFL.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I think the Arrowhead crowd/the Chiefs fan base are properly rated (ie: it's known that Arrowhead is a tough place to play for the opposition/the fan base are among the most dedicated & loyal in all of the NFL).

25. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay, maybe not underrated, but definitely under appreciated sometimes, particularly when the crowd is taken out of a game.