main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm gonna go ahead and say the Raiders have a very good chance of going 0-16.

Shame the Lions already actually did it and took away the talismanic quality of the number.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, if it ends up as their last season in Oakland, the talismanicness would occur.

:p

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No, I picked them in my office pool this week. Of course I thought it would be a close game, but I gave KC the edge. In fact, I have correctly picked all four of our games so far.

Now the fact that we couldn't pull it out against Denver is a little more frustrating, though.

Anyway, would have killed to be at Arrowhead tonight. If not for a couple lazy missed tackles late in the game, this would have been a shutout. We demolished the noise record at 142.2 decibels as well :p

Ball's in your court now, Royals.

Zeta1127 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    As heels1785 said, Donald Sterling had a notorious reputation even before the infamous racist tape came out, and his rep as an owner was on par, if not worse than Al Davis' or current Browns' ownership (sorry Inty). Getting him hands off the day to day operations was vital long before the sale (and allowed them to keep Blake Griffin and Chris Paul before they barely hit the free agent market, as well as get Doc Rivers). Sadly, it seems that the ghost of Al Davis is currently running the Raiders front office right now.

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Have you seen who is running the Raiders?
    Al's son Mark is full of bad decisions.
    See how many you can detect in just this one photo.
    [​IMG]

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    oh... yea. the raiders are screwed until they get new ownership.

and i know about sterling. just shows exactly how much ownership effects things.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Like I said, the ghost of Al Davis possesses and runs that team.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    December 21st, home against Boofalo - they won't win the Rod Marinelli award.

Entirely possible for them to go into that game 0-14, they still have 6 games against the AFCW, and travel to glorious locales Seattle and San Francisco.

9. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Well, that was a rough one for the Patriots. Probably the first game in about a decade I willingly turned off early, a few minutes after the Gronk touchdown. But now NE gets to play Cincy in primetime on a short week, while they are coming off a buy. so...that should be fun.

10. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013

Yup. And seeing as we couldn't do a dang thing against Cincy last year, I don't see it changing this time around the way we are playing. Down right embarrassing.
    Why we're not using any no huddle is beyond me though. Why Tim Wright is not playing is beyond me. At least LaFell finally got involved last night.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Just now catching the score. Wow, Patriots really did get hammered last night.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Pats need an o-line and a coaching clinic on how to properly tackle. The hoody is going to make practice miserable for them this week.

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but Hussain Abdullah being flagged for excessive celebration on his pick six made me cringe. Players are allowed to go to the ground if it's to pray, which is what he was doing. But because he's Muslim and thus wasn't doing so on a knee, the ref failed to realize what he was doing. At least, I hope he just failed to realize it. The commentators didn't remark on it.

Zeta1127 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...sas-city-chiefs-penalized-praying-celebration

Overturned already.

15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The ref was very quick to the how the flag. Pretty sure he didn't realize it was a prayer at first because of the way he slid to the ground. I applaud Hussain for acting like a rational adult in response to the situation. And gladly the NFL noted their mistake.

16. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    It's like if Moe and Curly had a love child...

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

[​IMG]

vin likes this.
  18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

20. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

LloydChristmas and s65horsey like this.
  21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    KC fans are no different than these others. It's odd that you would pigeonhole Bronco fans into some stereotype you've perceived in your experiences.

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Not to mention she was discussing how fans act at the game and then talked about how the Broncos fans she knows haven't been to CO. Obviously fans at the game have been to CO...

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    we all know how much she despises the broncos. makes sense that she'd point to them specifically.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Darth Guy

solojones defense network, ACTIVATE!!!

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002