main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    lol, they are already at 6 wins. I think they've got a good shot.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  2. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Little hard to believe that this Sunday Night Game is just now getting into the fourth quarter

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    If he did he'd be out for the rest of the season after about 500 carries I think.

4. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    He is on pace to have the most carries for an RB in a season in NFL history

5. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    Manning is still the most overrated quarterback of all time. Made a living off of playing in great offences but can't take a hit in a playoff game.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  8. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    NotSoScruffyLooking Must have been watching a completely different Player the last 16 seasons then. Definitely way more then you could ever do

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. NotSoScruffyLooking

Mar 20, 2009
    If I was a quarterback I'd be the most overrated I'm sure, but I'm not.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    When someone comes into a thread so desperately seeking attention, generally the best practice to ignore them.

Edit - Oh, I remember you. From the DC vs. Marvel thread and all of the "rank the top 500" threads. The above statement is extraordinarily applicable in this case.

Point Given and s65horsey like this.
  11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    lol I imagine someone slaving away on that infographic as Manning throws 510 and they just sigh

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Eh he didn't throw to anyone new so they'd just have to change the words under one of the graphics to account for more TD's.

13. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Ya know I will be all over that, if it happens.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    But then there's this:
    [​IMG]

s65horsey, vin and Juliet316 like this.
  15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    because those offenses were so amazing before manning got there... i mean, it's not like he's the common denominator in those offenses or anything. go check harrison's numbers before manning got there, and then how they changed after manning got going. harrison sure didn't seem like a potential hall of famer before manning got there... just sayin'.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. NotSoScruffyLooking

Mar 20, 2009
    I guess having an opinion means seeking attention.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not only seeking it, but desperately seeking it.

Do you remember 2011? When Manning went down and that "great offense" led the team to a 2-14 season?

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    manning is a legend, there's obviously no real argument otherwise. but let's not pretend that he doesn't also have a history of choking in big games or that he didn't need his defense to carry him to his one super bowl.

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Top 500 most overrated players in the NFL!

20. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i don't think anyone was saying that he hasn't had problems in the playoffs tom, but to say he's the most overrated QB of all time? that's... kinda a ridiculous statement.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    going to play devil's advocate here, but who would you say is more overrated? a lot of people would say that manning is the greatest of all time and if you're one who believes that a qb's career is made in the post-season then i think you almost have to concede that as great as he is he can't really be in the g-o-a-t conversation. he's an interesting case, but i think it's possible that someone can be absolutely amazing and still be overrated.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Why does anyone have to be overrated? I don't understand the discussion here. Everyone evaluates "GOATs" differently, so going down that road is generally fruitless.

Manning holds a plethora of meaningful career records, has a Super Bowl Championship and MVP, 13 Pro Bowls, and 5 League MVP awards. Not to mention the way that he has revolutionized the position by essentially acting as his own offensive coordinator for nearly his entire career. Look at the career trajectories of the receivers who worked with him if you need any further proof.

He's incredible, and we are not likely to see his kind again.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't disagree with that. and if your argument is that we can't discuss who's overrated because ratings are subjective then i guess we can end the discussion right here? but if not, it's precisely his absolutely incredible list of regular season accomplishments that would lead to him being overrated when he consistently folds under the pressure of the biggest moments.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I suspect we wouldn't be having this conversation if the Seahawks hadn't demolished the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

timmoishere likes this.
  25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    people were having this conversation long before that happened.