main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    This Seattle/Arizona game is awesome.

ShaneP likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Anybody see the brawl during the Giants/Rams game?

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes. Three ejections. Punches thrown. Mass hysteria.

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Arizona needs a score.

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Seattle needs a pick.

edit: Uh oh Crazy Pete. Our kicker has gone bonkers. Time to rely on TDs like the big boys.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'n totally confused as to how the "getting a bye" thing works apparently... do h2h matchups not count in determining which of the top-ranked teams get a bye if they have the same record?

The announcers today were saying "If SEA wins out, they'll have the #1 seed in the NFC!" but they'll have a loss to DAL (if they win)...

EDIT: Wait, now they've backed off that and say DAL needs to lose too... so confused...

7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    BENGALS/STEELERS JUST GOT FLEXED TO NEXT SUNDAY NIGHT

TWO CHANCES TO SEE PRIMETIME ANDY DALTON LIVE WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

jcgoble3 and Darth Tunes like this.
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Steelers don't have too much to play for at this point, but if they win tomorrow night, it's basically all on the line for the Bengals next Sunday.

Plus, NBC seems to like Rivalry games to finish out the season.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ross announced he's keeping Joe Philbin next year - as much as anything, it's good for Tannehill, who is really starting to come on. I like it when franchises are patient.

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas will lose that tiebreaker to the winner of gb/Detroit. So I think the three way tie is determined by common opponents which Seattle wins.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Translation: Next week is to determine which victim gets fed to Seattle first.

13. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    I think Rex Ryan's entire career with the Jets was summed up quite nicely in that last home game. Any team would be lucky to have him as their DC, though. He dismantles that Patriots offense better than anyone. Oh, and Geno Smith is underrated.

Who's going to beat the Patriots in the frozen tundra that is Foxboro after a bye? I don't see anyone keeping them out of the Super Bowl this year. But I also don't see them beating the Cowboys (barring a vintage Romo meltdown) or the Seahawks once they get there, if either of those two teams were to make it to Arizona. Anyone else would be fair game, including the Packers out of Lambeau.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Does Arizona have a bye? Because last I checked, this year's SB is in Santa Clara.

15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Miami Hurricanes, FIU, South Carolina, Clemson, Detroit Pistons and Indiana Pacers would call that a slight disagreement. :p

ShaneP likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Plus the Yankees and Red Sox.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Marshawn Lynch's post-game comments.

[​IMG]

Every week since he was fined, he's tormented the media. It is glorious.

ShaneP, jcgoble3, Rew and 1 other person like this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It really is glorious trolling.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I love it! Good for him, screw the media!

20. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Man, playoff scenarios are fun. I love that they always have to account for ties, no matter how unlikely they are to occur. My favorite might be that if Seattle wins, they get the 1 seed unless Green Bay and Detroit tie and Dallas wins. So great.

50 will be in Santa Clara. 49 is in Glendale.

21. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    The first tiebreaker is always head-to-head, but it only applies if one team has beaten (or lost to) all teams involved in the tie. Dallas beat Seattle but did not play Green Bay or Detroit. Seattle lost to Dallas but beat Green Bay. So head-to-head will get thrown out the window.

The 2nd tie breaker to determine conference seeding is conference record and it is there that Dallas stinks. They have the worst conference record of all involved teams so they will finish 3rd in any 3 way tie scenario.

(please note the above assumes no games end in a tie. I am not going to spend 10 minutes outlying all the possibilities when tied games are extremely unlikely)
    Arizona can get a bye but only if they win and Seattle loses.

The Super Bowl is in Arizona this year. Next year it is in Santa Clara.

Eh, I wouldn't say he is "tormenting the media." They absolutely love it when a player behaves in such a way. It draws much more attention to the whole thing when he acts they way he does than it would if he just gave normal answers.

The media loves seeing players do this sort of thing because it gives them attention, it gives them something to report on, it gives the ATH/PTI/talk radio guys something to talk about, it's a news story, etc, etc.

Furthermore, I think Marshawn Lynch likes the media attention. If he really didn't want media attention, he would just give generic answers. By behaving the way he does, he gets 10 times more attention than if he just said the usual things like "we played well, I am glad we won, looking forward to next week, not thinking about the playoffs, giving 110%, etc...."

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

here is beast mode in all of his glory

23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Haha I love it. So much sportswriting now is repurposed horse ****, at least this is something different. While also exposing the ridiculousness of articles based on quotes like "Oh man great respect for Arizona today we just came out and tried our best."

Makes me miss Shaq's post-game interviews. [face_batting]

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Clausen's out with a concussion, so Cutler's back under center for the Bears in the finale.

25. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    The roller coaster Saints are officially eliminated from the playoffs. While it was "fun" to still root for them to make the playoffs, there's zero chance they would have done anything in the postseason.

Drew Brees will go down to have another solid season stat-wise, but he's obviously on the decline. I love Brees and dread the day he isn't our QB, but that reality is coming sooner rather than later. Too many just missed throws this year that were a tad late, a bit underthrown or committing a turnover at the worst possible time. Throw in a mediocre O-line, no pass rush and a very suspect secondary and the Saints have got lots of decisions to make in the offseason ... with not a lot of cap space to make changes.