main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I think Dork went to that game, she must be so disappointed. :(

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Hopefully someone will post a video of Smith's touchdown so I can point and laugh at Seattle's 'defence' :p

3. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Fake Punts, FTW!

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Hahaha...that'll teach the Seahawks to steal the 12th Man. It only works in Aggieland.

5. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    Is any one else upset about that flex schedule thing? I have tickets to the Eagles, Falcons game, but I hear it might be moved to 8:30. Why cant they leave the schedule alone? Way to many things are changing this season.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, Jay Cutler has been extremely efficient through the first half, even though it's just the Cardinals.

15/19, 180, 1 TD, no picks, on the road. Not too shabby. Matt Leinart, not so much.

It'll be interesting to see if he can finish this one off.

EDIT: Heh, and one of his first throws of the second half is a pick. Oh well.

7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    i'll still take leinart over cutler, and without hesitation.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I would too.

9. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Green Bay Packers, FTW!

Favre tried to lose it for us, but even he couldn't kill us this time!

10. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Seriously, I can not wait until Aaron Rodgers is the captain of Green Bay's ship, and all the Favre haters start gushing and reminiscing about the "Good 'ol days, back when we had Brett".

11. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm not a Favre hater. He has won us a crap load of games, and for that, I love him. But he does have a tendency to throw games away...and has lost us probably about an equal amount of games as he was won...

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Eli's gonna be hating the New York headlines again this week...

13. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    It will be a very good win for the Eagles, but I have say this has been an extremely sloppy game for both teams.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I can say I've been surprised by these Eagles, what they've done after that embarrassment in Indy is nothing short of remarkable.

Bills sure are surprising too, Dick Jauron should get a lot of credit for developing Losman.

15. Yule-TideAngus

Yule-TideAngus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2006
    I'm not suprised we won against New York. I was confident going in that we could pull it off. Coming out of this game, I am very disappointed at how many penalties the Eagles had. It seemed every single good play they made was pulled back by some dumb penalty.

So as of now, do the Eagles have the number 1 Wild Card spot?

16. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I love the Eagles' Rocky-like underdog story this season. I'm pretty sympathetic for them with regards to NFC teams. :p

17. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I believe that if the playoffs were tomorrow, they would.

18. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Hell, if the Eagles win out, they'd win the NFC East.

19. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    The Eagles - and Garcia - are looking excellent. The Giants won't get anywhere with Coughlin at their coach. They have talent and it's not being used. Get rid of Coughlin.

Now, the Bears/Bucs game ... the Bears didn't deserve that win. They didn't. Is my opinion bias since I am a Bucs fan? Yup, but I don't care. In OT on 3rd Down (The down or two before they kicked the winning field goal) Rex Grossman throws a medium range pass to a covered receiver. The ball hits the ground but the ball is called as a catch. Booth doesn't call it down, Bears run the next play, get closer to the goal line and kick the winning field goal. So explain something to me: why exactly can't coaches call a challenge in OT? It's a full quarter of play and when the officials blow something (And let's face it, the officials this year have genuinely sucked on a lot of call. Let's not get started on 'roughing the passer' calls) you need a coach to be able to challenge something, ESPECIALLY in overtime where it matters the most. That pass would've been overruled and it would've been 4th down with a long field goal. The Bears struggled against a 3-11 team, so don't get too excited about this victory. Lovie Smith is an overrated coach. Does he ever talk? Every time I see him on the sideline he's got this lost look on his face.

Sorry, I got carried away. Anyway, my point is there is another rule that needs to be looked at. Coaches need to be able to call challenges in OT.

20. Yule-TideAngus

Yule-TideAngus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2006
    Yep. Just saw a diagram of the playoff picture. Eagles/Giants are one and two. Philly still has a chance to win the division which is incredible.

21. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Even if the Eagles did win next week, and get the tiebreaker, the Cowboys play the Lions in week 17, while the Eagles play the Falcons.

Which one of those games would you bank on?

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    LT with the points record!

23. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Wow, I hadn't notice. I wish the announcers and commentators would talk more about him so that I can know this important information.

Can you feel the sarcasm? :p

24. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Sorry dude, I know your blowing off steam after a frustrating loss, but there's a reason that play wasn't challenged: It was unquestionably a catch, there's literally nothing to dispute.

If you wanted to see crappy officiating today you should have watched the Eagles game.

25. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Yeah, there were some horrendous noncalls in the Eagles/Giants game. But even worse were those idiotic penalties the players actually comitted! Jeff, what the heck were you thinking spiking the ball! :eek:

Re: Eagles/Cowboys: Well at least now it really means something. If the Birds win, they're in the playoffs and have a shot at retaking the East. Which Id love just because I know it would infuriate Owens, and even moreso if Dallas were to get knocked right out of the playoffs in the first round.

Longshots both, but possible. *shrugs*