main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. mybad4990

mybad4990 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2005
    Dear Eagles: Please beat the Cowboys so my Saints can cinch the first round bye next week.

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    It doesn't really matter, the Saints have the tiebreaker, and I don't see the Saints losing either of their last two games.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I wish the refs would make more bogus calls in favor of the Chargers when they do something stupid, like throwing the ball down before the play is over, or when their punts get blocked... because you know, they really do deserve to get the ball back and first downs off both those situations :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Unquestionably a catch? The ball hit the ground. He never had control of it. The second he hit the ground, Ronde told the officials it hit the ground. The replay (which Fox only showed once. Luckily I have a DVR) showed the ball hit the ground. Even the commentators missed it. No one commented on it. I felt that I was the only competent person who saw the ball clearly hit the ground.

Article from CBS Sportsline:

Ronde Barber, defending on the play, said it wasn't a catch and questioned why there wasn't a booth review.

"The fact that they want the game to be over and they don't feel like it needs to be reviewed, it's fine with me," Barber said. "But that ball hit the ground, man."

Replays in overtime are instigated from the booth, not by coaches' challenges.

"If you are not going to make the call or you're scared to make the call, then what's the use of having replay in the first place?" Barber asked."

Why aren't the coached allowed to challenge within a full quarter of overtime play?

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Haha! So now y'all don't think I'm so stupid after the comment I made a couple weeks ago (or last week) concerning the Refs being on the Bear's side!

6. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Go Indy! Beat the Bengals! Then I'll go back to rooting against you! :D

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    amen

8. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Indy doesn't have Stokley or Clark. With that, the defense is going to pile up on Harrison. I think the Bengals will beat them.

9. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    pile up on Harrison and Wayne has a huge game...

The Broncos tried to shut Harrison down earlier this year and succeeded. Harrison had only 5 catches for 38 yards and no TDs... but that left Wayne in single coverage and wayne caught 10 balls for 138 yards and 3 TDs.

10. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Agreed. Wayne may not be able to do the midair contortions and somehow touch both feet inbounds like Marvin can, but Wayne is an excellent WR, and could easily be an #1 in a whole lot of other teams.

Sorry Quix, but I want to see the Colts continue to suck. I'm not sure if they can comepletely blow their playoff chances anymore, but if they can, I want to see if :p

And I just learned something that blows my mind. According to the folks over at Yahoo!, if the Eagles win out AND New Orleans loses vs the Giants, then the Eagles secure a playoff berth, win the NFC East, AND secure a first round bye as the #2 seed. source
    Just...wow.

11. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    So far Wayne only has one catch. The no. 2 TE - Utecht - seems to be the favorite receiver at the moment. The Colts have no rushing game and aren't really making an attempt to establish one either.

That said, I love a good Monday Night game. So far it's been a good game.

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I agree on the good game. Manning should've thrown the ball on the 4th down. Like you said, the Colts can't get their running game going. On the other hand, where has this defense been all year? Good job guys!

13. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    It's probably been hanging out with Washington's defense.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

I guess the Colts defense had to have something to do with Washington's creaming Brees yesterday.:p

15. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I think Theisman said it best, the Bengals played to the Colts weakness and not to their own strength. The Bengals tried to run instead of doing what they do best.

16. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    You mean they should have just started stabbing, shooting, and robbing the Colts?

17. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Haha. Yes, exactly!

Also, I think I lost count of how many times Palmer was sacked from his blind side, resulting in a fumble.

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Fun game to attend, even better with the victory.

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba2/D_UI.jpg]

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  20. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    That's a really funny sign.

21. mybad4990

mybad4990 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2005

Ask and ye shall receive. Also, Tony Romo is the most overrated QB of all time, and I'm not looking forward to playing Philly in the playoffs.

22. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Romo isn't overrated people just busted out the annoting oil early and didn't let him pan out. A few good games doesn't mean your suddenly the next great thing.

23. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    God, the Jets are going to kill me one day. It'll probably be soon, too.

24. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    I don't underestimate Romo, or overestimate him. Like any QB, once you get enough game footage on him, you can see what his tendencies are and deny him his comfort zone.

Still very nice to see cagey vet drub talented newcomer. :D

25. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Can you imagine how insane the crowd is gonna be at the game next week? I keep telling myself the Raiders are playing for the first overall pick, but I remind myself these are the Jets.

But this is easily one of my top three Christmases all time.

EDIT: I also have to give kudos to Nick Saban for not going for it on 4th & 1 on that last drive considering the Dolphins were a team that had nothing to play for. Maybe he felt bad about getting that fluke bounce on the punt that gave them the ball back.