main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    They don't switch 1st rounders. Dip Kelly what are you doing?

2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Not sure how I feel about my Dolphins doing this. He's a huge get for sure.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I think Suh also escapes numerous taxes by signing with a Florida club. That's an even bigger contract if so.

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Yep, no state income tax in FL

5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

But playing for any of the Florida pro teams can be taxing. :p

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm in the same boat...he's a great player but that won't matter if he can't play clean and gets himself suspended....then again maybe he will break Tom Brady

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So the following players have retired, young, in the last 48 hours:

Patrick Willis
    Jake Locker
    Jason Worlds
    and now you can add there once was a man named cortland finnegan got punched a whole lot on his chinnigan sent to the showers, never to cominagain, poor old cortland finnegan beginagain

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Darrelle Revis back to Jets for $70M
    That's crazy.

I heard that Demarco Murray is looking for about $10 million a year and the only two teams with the cap room to pay him that are the Raiders and Jags.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    My goodness that is a lot of cash for a 30 year old DB. He did play excellent in the Pats system, though.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, way too much money for Revis at that age, especially for the Jets. I mean, it's not like the key player that will get the Jets to the Super Bowl, much less the playoffs.

In other news, the Eagles make another move:
    Ryan Mathews headed to Eagles

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    These moves cannot be explained. Ryan Matthews goes on the IR when the wind picks up.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

It makes me glad the Browns missed out on Chip Kelly. We're disfunctional enough as it is.

Speaking of which, why has the Brian Hartline to the Browns signing gone unnoticed? :p

The Jets also snagged Buster Skrine from the Brownies. Not that he will be missed that much, but that leaves a lot of holes for Cleveland to fill.

[​IMG]

xblackout likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Brian Hartline to the Browns went unnoticed because everyone is still in shock of how much they changed their uniforms.

Kiki-Gonn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Well after making their helmets orange-er maybe they are looking at adding Browner to the defensive backfield.

[​IMG]

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  15. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    And the guy that landed those punches is now a Colt! Some nice additions with Johnson and Gore. I think they still have some left in the tank. This offense will be a beast. Time to address some defensive needs...

Juliet316 and s65horsey like this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    They picked up Trent Cole for the defensive side, though, which was awesome. Indy looking very good in this window.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think at this point of the off season, the Colts look like to be the AFC favorites with the Pats getting a year older and losing Revis. And the Broncos have also a key player in Julius Thomas signing with the Jags, while the Ravens lose Ngata to the Lions.

I think with Seattle trading for Graham yesterday, they're the NFC favorites again.

18. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Clearly. The Colts are making the right moves, or at least good ones. Now it's on Luck to use these new weapons.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't see Luck having any problems with that since he was pretty good as a rookie.

But clearly the team to watch this season is the Eagles, and that's for all the wrong reasons.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Bears got two crown jewels of free agency tonight, helped both sides by signing S Antrel Rolle and WR Eddie Royal.

Royal will give Cutler a true slot receiver, which he has not had in Chicago. Adam Gase will utilize Royal as he did Decker, Sanders, and Welker for Peyton.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's if you assume Cutler == Payton... which is absurd on its face. Royal's a good receiver but I don't think there's much helping Cutler, who had some good WR weapons...

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Where did I say that, dp.

I said that a) Royal would be utilized as a slot receiver, b) that Cutler has never had a slot receiver in Chicago, and then c) I named some slot receivers that Gase coached in Denver. Nowhere did I compare Peyton and Cutler.

[​IMG]

23. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    dp means that expecting Royal to do anything near what those three WR did for Denver is absurd. Different QB does not equal same results. Maybe same role, but not guaranteed results.

Besides, I think Gase has always been overrated as a coach.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  25. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The Eagles' new FA signings will either ball out or all get injured in the preseason.