main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, I wouldn't compare Brady to that monster…but destroying your cell phone when you know you're under investigation. Yeah I agree…rotten.

I would personally like to thank Pete Carroll, Bevell, and Wilson for making all of this possible.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Though it could be a long shot, I'm hoping this suspension gets thrown out in court. I mean, all of this is just so damned silly.

PCCViking likes this.
  3. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    So far the only time I have agreed with Goodell.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The thing is, the cover up is usually more scandalous than the actual crime. And since it's the NFL offseason, this will probably be a lingering story until Brady's second or third start.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well sure, but even in this case? Over the goddamn nonsense of that great crime of deflating footballs?

6. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015
    Dontcha think the NFL has lost its nerve, so to speak, in dealing with minor crimes vs major crimes? Substance abuse has warranted 2-4-8-season supensions, domestic violence is a two strike systems ( pun not intended, but not corrected either), then you look at Belichick and the history of scandals pertaining to cheating. Spygate, now deflategate. Deflategate itself is more silly, but it is a repeat offense and even though it is two different people pertaining. If a felon gets caught stealing a candy bar, it is still an offense and a breaking of parole. One of those, "I'm getting real tired of your crap..." situations. With Brady destroying the phone, I relate it to lying to your parents about doing something, eg. sneaking out, when you've already been caught. Always makes the situation worse.

7. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015
    had to make an example, crime is crim efor the orginazation, and justice will be meted out. I would prefer to play Brady 10 times out of 10. The nmore Suggs can hit him the happier I am.

8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Darth Tunes, it just might be thrown out. You never know.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That would be fantastic.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Deflate Gate might be non-sense if it were any other team, but since it's the Patriots and their not so clean history as PearsOfKrissto points above, the violation is blown out of portion. It's the NFL's version of the Kardashians.

PearsOfKrissto likes this.
  11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

It also makes it worse that they went all the way and won the SB. If they had lost in the playoffs, it might not have resulted in this suspension and notoriety.

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Perhaps this asking for too much, but their past history (I realize that it's ever so tempting to consider it) shouldn't matter, given the rather innocuous nature of the offense.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Speaking of history, in all the Deflategate noise going around today, this little bit of history making news was lost in the shuffle:

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

I agree. But, if you had an NFL office that actually did things in a consistent manner, perhaps they would have been penalized before and fans would recognize it as legitimate. As it stands now, it seems like the front office is making punishments up as they go, leading to bad feelings among competing fans that there's a history of cheating without proper sanction.

A punishment should be for that offense and not past history. Unfortunately, the NFL hasn't really helped things in that regard.

15. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    The cheater Tom Brady probably had something else incriminating on his phone. I call for a lifetime ban.

16. iluvupadme

iluvupadme Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2009
    LMAO! This all 100% on Brady. I'm hoping he takes it to federal court so we can have more of this circus.
    Try to embarrass the shield and they'll tack on more games to your suspension. Come at them, Bro!

Screw Brady, Go NFL!!!!

17. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015
    In highschool, our defensive line coach was a lady. That's going to far. She was by nature a woman. In reality, she was a HULKING BEASTLY BURN THROUGH YOUR SOUL coach. She also kicked some major ass, and is now the Head coach of the unnamed winning highschool for if I count correctly 12 years running. I'm happy that the NFL continues to recognize talent regardless of gender, skin, or any other base attribute. That's the nature of the game. Applause!

xblackout and Juliet316 like this.
  18. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Nobody cares because it's the Vikings. If the Patriots did this it would lead the Cbs evening news over little things like Isis taking over the middle east.

19. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Vin please don't post a picture of a selfie of yourself next to the great Tom Brady.

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The Patriots are the A-Rod of the NFL.

21. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    You know what , I should abandon the Patriots. I'm convinced now that they are the only team in the NFL that tries to get a competitive advantage by bending rules.
    All the 31 other NFL teams I'm sure play by every rule in the rule book 100% and never even think of trying to get an edge by not following every rule in the book to the letter.
    Only the EVIL NASTY PATRIOTS do that.[face_not_talking]

PCCViking likes this.
  22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Finally coming to your senses.

STARBOB likes this.
  23. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Yes I have, I should of know sooner that the other 31 teams are all SAINTS, not just the one in New Orleans.[face_praying]

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Who dat?

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I imagine the NFLPA would win in court pretty handily.

KnightWriter likes this.