main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol wow

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think Maclin bobbled that ball longer than Smith's previous throws...

solojones likes this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Jamaaaaaal.

4. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    So, just to gloat, my three receivers in my 10 team league, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, and Randall Cobb. I'm proud of me.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm actually glad this was a national game. And last week too. Because maybe now the national media will finally stop acting like Alex Smith is a good or even acceptable QB. And maybe they'll also stop calling the Chiefs a playoff caliber team. They don't deserve it. They deserve to be told how terrible they are and to wake up.

I mean, the furry that the whole CBS crew displayed at how terrible the coaching, QB, and secondary were made me happy because it was all true.

I said all last year that they should have franchise tagged Smith for this one year. But no, they had to make a two year commitment. Idiots.

What should happen is Reid should lose his right to call plays. He has a hard enough time paying attention as it is. And then if that doesn't work, he should lose his job. And we should just put Daniel in because it can't be worse.

6. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015
    Chase danielmshowed poise at Missouri, and played with Maclin shortly.
    Andy should turn over play calling
    The defense deserves credit when healthy. Its up to the GM and coaching staff to maintain depth. No one looks good when playing three safeties and corner against Rodgers's with a receiving corp that we can't shake a stick at.

This is the only time I've ever liked Ray Lewis post game.
    Rules are made for the offense. Chiefs have to fight, or their land will just keep getting taken away.
    Apathy is a defenses worst enemy. 12 men on the field preaches of the poor discipline for the back ups.
    Given a hard nose coach and a fire under their ass, they have the potential to be a playoff team in a wildcard spot.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

jcgoble3 and DarthTunick like this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I've watched Alex Smith for years and that's why I was in favor of giving the starting QB position to Kaepernick and nicknamed Alex as "checked down" Smith.

He'll only throw the ball down the field when he has no other choice. That's why he also earned the moniker "game manager." He won't lose you the game per se but he definitely won't win it for you.

It's also annoying to be reminded that 49ers passed on Rodgers and drafted Smith. I blame Pat Barnes and Kyle Boller (previous Cal QBs) for flaming out in the NFL, as some thought Rodgers was a system QB that benefited from being surrounded by talent like Marshawn Lynch, JJ Arrington and Justin Forsett. Anyway, I hope Rodgers doesn't light up the Niners too much, but it looks like it will be third straight game where the Niners give up 40 or more points.

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The problem is now he's not throwing down field AND he's throwing interceptions at terrible times. So he's basically useless.

And yeah in no way should Reid be calling plays

10. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    the problem is that he isn't aaron rodgers.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No, the problem is he isn't even Derek Carr. He's the worst QB in our division by a ways.

Sports talk today was fun, though. My favorite radio guys fumed about how it wasn't just that we weren't throwing the ball down field; we weren't even throwing it FORWARD. Almost every pass was behind the line of scrimage. Smith does not realize that if you see a play in the flat will go nowhere, you're not legally obligated to throw it there anyway.

Chromide likes this.
  12. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    You'd really not take Antonio Brown or Le'veon Bell? I don't really hate any NFL teams. I guess I'm lucky in that sense. Of course, if I hated the Browns, no real loss. lol

13. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Would have been better if you had A.J. Green or Steve Smith Sr. instead of Calvin Johnson.

14. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Nope. Never. **** those guys.

dp4m likes this.
  15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Erin, I showed a Cleveland co-worker your response to last week's game. He said he has used the term "Brownsy" many times too and you were spot on. LOL

xblackout likes this.
  16. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015

I've been keeping him for a trade late season. Just in case

Chromide likes this.
  17. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    You're missing out on a lot.....

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    We know what we're missing when we don't choose players -- we just don't care. :)

For clarity, I chose Gronk in the College Football Draft because... college football. Wholly different.

19. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    [​IMG]

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Thanks ESPN.com for planting Mark Davis' face front and center. [face_plain]
    Ya pumpkin pie hair cutted freak!

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's his father's doing. Big Al didn't let his son fly on the team charter when the team played away games, so Mark has to take Southwest. Al probably didn't give Mark any money for a haircut either and so you get hair that makes Donald Trump's lettuce look like Chris Hemworth's Thor.

It's what we get on slow news day and when the Patriots take a break from cheating. :p

Juliet316 and vin like this.
  22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You'd keep your mouth shut if you knew what was good for ya buddy!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Raiders are my second favorite team, so this still bothers me:

[​IMG]

24. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015
    The game begins in an hour. Ravens Steelers. My favorite rivalry. :) :D

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Rumor has it that the Eagles/Washington game maybe moved or postponed due to this weekend's weather.