main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    might just dilfer his way into one last sb tho.

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yes if he can stop throwing INTs that could happen, the defense looks elite.

No running game though is the big issue.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Again as I've been saying all season, he should be heaping all the credit on the defense. They have kept the Broncos in every game. Even if they were just average, Peyton would be in a lot more trouble. He has no zip on his passes anymore.

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Oh yes, no spin on the ball. Throws ducks. BUT…his ducks are still good enough to win games so far with his receivers.

5. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Only because the defense keeps getting pick-sixes.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    On the end zone pick he threw to Woodson, Peyton was looking at the sideline. He just slung it as hard as he could. I was very sad to see that.

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Those 4 teams are 2 games ahead of every other team in the conference already.

ShaneP likes this.
  8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, the offense only scored 9 points. If they were relying only on Manning, they'd have lost. He had 0 TDs (and didn't even get them down for a running TD) and two INTs.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah some obvious different levels of greatness between those teams and the rest at this point.

10. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    And one of them was a strip-sack that put them in FG range.

I have always been a defender of Manning, and think he has suffered from poor coaching and bad luck in a lot of playoff losses (putting him on the Pats and I reckon they win a similar level of games/titles to Brady), but he is objectively a bad QB this year.

solojones likes this.
  11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    speaking of horribly struggling qbs, almost time to watch the niners. yay!

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    While Peyton isn't playing at the level he's used to, still important to remember he's essentially calling the plays out there. He's still as valuable as any quarterback in the league on his brain alone, even if his arm is showing age.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I mean for all that I hate Manning, it's not like I have pretended he's not a great QB in the past. So when I said after watching him in the Broncos game at Arrowhead that he's not a good QB anymore, I wasn't just being a hater. At least three of their games this season are ones they would have lost if not for defensive points. The Broncos may still be good, but Manning is not.

Still way better than Alex Smith, though.

14. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Calling the plays for the 30th ranked offense in the league, with a horrible running game and shocking passing game? If he was an OC the fans would be calling for his head.

solojones and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The Bears actually won 2 games in a row! It's a miracle!

Chromide likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Team's 5-0, Marcus. The Tennessee Titans have a top-3 defense, and have one win.

17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    YEAH MR. WHITE! YEAH SCIENCE!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    LloydChristmas and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I had to go look up some stats on the QB's to see how far Manning has fallen since I haven't been able to watch the games this year. Yeah I'm not terribly concerned when comparing him to the QB's of the other teams that are undefeated. I don't think he's going to get the SB he's after, but he's still up there especially considering he's been sacked the most out of those teams' QBs and the one closest to him (Ryan) has 1 less sack and 1 less INT.

Is he the best in the league anymore? No, but he lost that years ago when Rodgers started his amazing streak.

I'm more worried about Andrew Luck this year. [face_nail_biting]

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Stats aren't everything. National commentators also like to cite Alex Smith's win record as if it means he personally is a good QB. He is not. Stats can easily be cherry picked. The only number that ultimately matters is how many points the team puts up vs. how many the opponent does. And in that regard, Peyton has been severely lacking this season. I will check but the point totals for Denver's offense this year are pretty low. And they certainly are not winning with big point totals or differentials.

They wouldn't be winning at all without their defense. That's the point being made.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I can guarantee you that if I polled every single NFL quarterback in the history of all time, zero would care about point totals or differentials. Every single one would care about the only stat that matters, win totals.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Stats aren't everything! Except for this one stat. I'll check it later.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So while watching Red Zone today, the greatest invention since the polio vaccine, the all-knowing host dropped a piece of trivia that is pretty cool. When Charles Woodson intercepted Peyton Manning, it was a) his first career INT of Peyton, and b) a link-up of two of the three remaining active players in the league from the 1998 Draft. The third is Matt Hasselbeck. These are the three oldest drafted players in the league.

The oldest player in the league, Adam Vinatieri, was undrafted.

Havac and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    The oldest player in the league is actually Jesus Christ, who currently inhabits Aaron Rodgers' body soooooo

Havac , xblackout and dp4m like this.