main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I say the Bears win this one.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Because for like 45 years, it's been just Dallas (at home) and Detroit (at home) guaranteed on Thanksgiving...

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    What a great Thanksgiving.

The NFL only added a third Thanksgiving game a few years ago, so I'm not surprised, given that the two other games have always featured the Lions and the Cowboys respectively.

4. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    What did you think of those two calls that just went against the Bears?

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Breaks my heart to see Starr struggling with his health so much, but he was absolutely the highlight of the ceremony.

solojones likes this.
  7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    ****. Do we have a spare uniform in Favre's size?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I was hoping Favre would come out of the tunnel all suited up in his old uni.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Well, Rodgers has tried. See if the Bears can finish the job. LOL.

10. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Bears win!!!! Called it!!! What great play by their defense.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So the only home team that one today is the one most thought might end up losing today (Lions).

Chromide likes this.
  12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Looks like he hurt his ass on that sack.

This season is done, time to trim the fat.

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Man can't imagine how pissed Packers fans must have been about that whistle that stopped them getting their free play. Would have possibly been a TD or at least in FG range, so they only would have needed a FG to win at the end.

Another abysmal job this year by the refs. It's almost like when they have no accountability (no risk of losing their jobs, no game suspensions when they blow a major call), they have no incentive to do well.

As to Thanksgiving's third game... Believe it or not, it's been going on for TEN years. Crazy, right? I went to the first one, which was Chiefs/Broncos. Trent Green had just come back from his terrible concussion that had him out for many weeks, only to beat the hell out of the Raiders on Sunday and the Broncos on Thursday. It was glorious.

On Washington's mascot... Sorry man, this isn't even a "depends on who you ask" situation. Because I'm sure there are some people who aren't that bothered by racial slurs, but that doesn't make them any less of a slur. I'm not at all for being overly sensitive and letting a few people being offended rule the day, but this is just an extremely blatant case. The team name and mascot have to go.

I mean, for crying out loud, the Chiefs got rid of their Native American caricature in like the 60s or 70s.

14. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
  15. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Yeah, well if you don't count the 2 bad calls on the Packers only touchdown that went in their favor, the score would have been the same. (Eddie Lacy throwing the ball backwards before getting into the endzone and the phantom penalty on CB Tracy Porter when he intercepted the ball)

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  16. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Didn't get it.... you thought the Packers would blow out the Bears?

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah... no, I agree, there wasn't going to be a blowout last night with that rivalry (and that weather).

Chromide likes this.
  18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Yeah I thought Cutler was gonna be Cutler.

LloydChristmas and Chromide like this.
  19. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Typo was so sad last night.

20. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    Gillmore is averaging 7.9 yards after the catch, which ranks second only to Gronkowski (8.0).
    So, I am excited for gillmore. Little disappointed that the Ravens spent 2nd and 4th round picks on TE's, but insurance is always good.
    What do you think? Up and coming TE's. Eric Ebron, Tyler Eifret, Gary Barnridge.
    Gillmore is one of four tight ends this season who has totaled over 350 yards receiving, averaging over 13 yards per reception and has scored at least four touchdowns. The others are Gronkowski, Carolina's Greg Olsenand Cleveland's Gary Barnidge.

21. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    The last game validated the need for a third game on TDay; yet, there were still some terrible calls. That Hochuli Ocrew is one of the worst. Yellow flag fest.

Chromide likes this.
  22. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    I wouldn't call Gary Barnidge "up and coming". He's been in the league since 2008. His production this year is because we don't have much of a receiving corps and for once he's not playing behind any other TE.

23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I am living in sports hell right now.

At least there's SuperCam...

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    SuperCam makes everything better.

Rew and LloydChristmas like this.
  25. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Panthers playing the best right now in NFC. Can't see anyone beating them going forward. Plenty of ball left so they might peak too soon, but they're a step above the rest of the conference currently. And Cam is really improved. Two years ago he looked like he was losing out to the next crop of next gen QBs like Griffin III, Wilson, and Kaep.

Heh. Times changing.