main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Gillmore is a jackass, ya jackass.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001

You can't see Arizona beating Carolina? Not to say that it will definitely happen-- far from it. Just that the Cardinals are capable of giving anyone a good game, so long as they have a reasonable amount of good health.

solojones and ShaneP like this.
  3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I never watch football, but I actually caught a chunk of the Packers-Bears game last night. God, those last three plays were just embarrassing, like painful to watch.

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Oh yes. Haha! I was forgetting my own division leaders! Yeah the Cards could certainly beat them right now. Those two do stand above the crowd. Much can change, especially with injuries like you're suggesting. Panthers and Cards teams to beat right now. Pats in AFC following right behind.

KnightWriter likes this.
  5. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    Don't be a monkey, you silly duck. You can't dislike a guy who's name is Crockett. vin

6. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL! I misread that at first glance. I thought "someone is getting a ban!"

7. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015
    Naaaaa, I'm too cool for that. Plus , it's true. Ducks shouldn't be monkeys.

8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, that's a Crockett of...

9. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    LOL 350 yards, 13+ yards per reception, at least 4 TDs? Surely you could come up with one more qualifier that only puts Gillmore there! You already managed to disqualify Eifert and Reed on the YPC and Zach Miller on yardage.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Lacy is a moron and I'm pretty sure he did throw the ball back before crossing the goal line. The trouble is, they couldn't rule that way because it wasn't at all conclusive from the video. Which brings me to a question I wind up asking almost every week:

Why the hell doesn't the NFL put cameras on the goal line? So you can actually see straight down and get the view you need. It's not like they don't have the money. And it would clear up a lot of scoring play questions. They shouldn't have to rely merely on what the broadcast cameramen decide to shoot.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

They have started to put cameras on the endzone pylons but it's not show with every play.

14. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015
    vin & MarcusP2 So compiling stats that all attribute to making a tight end an asset to the team disqualifies others?
    Sir no sirs. The list i mentioned, (Barnridge, Eifert, Ebron, Ect.) was not for disqualifying, but acknowledging that they are becoming more stable playmakers for their team. Crockett is one of the second ear successes that i am happy about in a year where i have lost Terrell Suggs, Steve Smith Sr, Joe Flacco, and Justin Forsett. So when the big kids are out, he is continuing to make plays and be a consistent TE in the league.

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The YPC is pretty pointless as a measure of a TE. Very few make downfield catches...they are usually 3rd down or red zone targets unless you are a freak like Gronkowski. I'd rather someone putting up 10YPC but more often.

I just have a pet hate for stats that have so many qualifiers just to make a pointless comparison. 'OMG Peterson is only the second player after Brown with 10,000 yards and 90 TDs after 113 games!' What is meaningful about any single one of those numbers, let alone together?

16. PearsOfKrissto

Apr 21, 2015
    I understand nyour point. My intention is to express the surprise about Crockett putting up numbers that are more gronk-like. Combining both athleticism and speed with toughness to get that first down, but also possibly get the go ahead TD. Those stats back up words saying"Crockett is a good TE." I feel like Gronk has been changing gameplay for TE, and that YAC and RAC should be measured for TE, just like any other ball carrier.

17. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I've been saying this for two years now. They have the money, the technology and now the review system to actually get a definitive answer. I even thought of a sensor on the pylons and footballs that would trigger when crossing the goal. There's all sorts of answers.

The NFL needs to fix things.

solojones and PearsOfKrissto like this.
  18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    A pre-emptive shutup to Juliet.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    don'tblowtheleaddon'tblowtheleaddown'tblowthelead.....

20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I don't think I can deal with this Washington thing.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh Gah, Eli has the ball back!

Edit: DAMMIT!

22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Roughing the holder.

Lol

23. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Redskins win!

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    What's happening with the referees right now in the Arizona-SF game is bizarre.

ShaneP likes this.