main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    Man that was a good game. Owning the Cowboys and humiliating Tony ****, what more could an Eagles fan want? Is it to early to say Eagles>Bears?

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I honestly believe Jeff Garcia can take us to the Superbowl this year. All the other "elite" teams in th NFC has their flaws and can be beaten. The Eagles are hot, and I don't think anyone will slow down their momentum (Except San Diego in Miami.)

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I doubt we'll see Philly in the Super Bowl. I don't see any team going into the Superdome and ending the Saints season with a loss at home.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Looks like the Bears and Packers will faceoff on Sunday night instead of the afternoon. I like it. Something good to watch on New Years Eve night.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Call me crazy, but I think that the Pack can actually pull that one off...

If they aren't idiots.

And I don't think that Philly will be in the Super Bowl this year. They have a chance, yes, but I think there are too many better teams out there.

6. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Not really. The Eagles' Defense has been great these past couple weeks, Grossman wouldn't stand a chance against their blitz schemes. Philadelphia held their own against New Orleans earlier in the season only to lose on a last second field goal; the Saints have also lost to a team who the Eagles have beaten twice. Eagles beat the Cowboys twice, can do it again in the playoffs. Seahawks? lol. As of right now, I feel the Eagles and Saints are the two most solid teams in the NFC. That'll be your NFC Championship game, and I think the Eagles can beat the Saints.

7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah I gotta agree NO is the only team in the NFC that scares me right now. The Eagles are peaking at the right time.

8. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Yeah, the Saints are doing especially well , and I think may be the team for the NFC.

I dunno, I just can't see the Eagles getting to the Big Dance again. It is possible, heck anything is, but I'm just not sure. Be great to see, though. :D

On the other hand, who's gonna be the AFC champ? San Diego's burning up the joint, but then there's Belichick and the Pats, The Ravens D has returned to form and their offense is doing well, too. Indy looks to be in freefall vs. anyone who has a decent running game (read: virtualy every team in the playoffs :p ) Mangini's turned the Jets into contenders, and there's the Broncos.

I don't want to count out the Pats, because even with last years drubbing, they're just plain scary in the post. But how can you bet against the Chargers or the Ravens?

9. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    I think the Chargers will win the AFC Title, and they deserve it. And the Eagles are this year's Steelers, they're hot going into the playoffs, and they may have an easier road to the Super Bowl if they win next week and get a home game.

10. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004

I still like San Diego to win the AFC but unlike the NFC which I feels only has two teams really in contention at this point (NO and Philly), the AFC has maybe 4 teams (San Diego, Baltimore, NE and Denver) that all could contend.

11. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    Eagles can definaately be in the SB, but the Ravens are better than the chargers, they beat them this year and Rivers is overrated.

12. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    It does seem like Philly is following the same route Pittsburgh took last year, as both were left for dead but ended their seasons on great streaks. And the Bears and Saints are both very beatable (as opposed to the AFC's top seeds).

13. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    There is no arguing that the Eagles are hot. They have been the one of the best teams in football over the past month and a half. However, lets not jump so far ahead and annoint them the new "Steelers". The Steelers had a much better defense than the Eagles do. While the Eagles defense has played well the past few weeks, they have not been great this year by any stretch and don't have the consistency on defense that the 2005 Steelers had.

Also, as impressive as the Eagles win streak has been and how great of a job Garcia is doing leading the team, the teams that they have beaten in this stretch aren't very impressive. Carolina has been a struggling .500 ball club all year. The Redskins are terrible. The Giants have imploded and have been one of the worst teams in football the past couple of months. The only quality opponent (and I use that term lightly) are the Cowboys. However, the Cowboys as seen in their performance against the Eagles and Saints have been clearly overrated for most of this season. Romo is a good player, but as mentioned by others now that teams have some film on him, he hasn't been nearly as good as in those first few games. The Cowboys also have internal troubles with Parcells and most of the lockeroom wishing TO wasn't on the team.

The NFC is terrible this year and the Eagles have a shot to make the Super Bowl. But lets not annoint them yet.

14. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    it's worth remembering that the NBA champs and world series champs didn't do all that well during the regular season, and then got hot at the right time. miami did better than st. louis, but they were no world-beaters either.

15. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    So judging by your post I assume you will stand firm behind the last line of your signature. Even if the a lot of their opponents were weak, completing a consecutive road sweep of NFC East teams is pretty damn impressive.

16. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    My adherence to the last line of my signature will depend on what the Eagles do next season. With McNabb going down, Reid has turned the play calling over to Morningwe, who has brought a pretty good balance to the offense. They are running the ball more and running effectively. They are now in a 55-45 pass-run split. This has made both aspects of their game effective. The true star of the team, Westbrook, has been given his chance to shine and he is.

My question is is when McNabb comes back will Reid take over the play calling again and go back to a pass happy offense. I am afraid that Reid is so in love with McNabb's arm the offense will lose its balance when McNabb comes back. If Reid, however, keeps Morninghwe in charge of the play calling and keeps the offensive balance, I will change my position on Reid.

17. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I know Mcnabb is Philly's franchise player, but I can't help but feel sorry for Garcia. He's done a bangup job with what and who he has to play with, and I don't think even superbowl birth will make his job as starter safe. I hope he can secure a position with a team that appreciates his talents because he still has a few good seasons in him.

To be fair to Tony Romo, I think way to many people(especially the sports media) made such a big deal about him, it's put pressure on him that I feel is unfair. He's basically a rookie, and I think he has a great career in store for himself. The Cowboys need to add some power to the O-line and that will solidify his future success with the team. His mobility can only go so far, if he doesn't have substantial protection.

18. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    Feel sorry for him? Have you seeen his hot fiance!? I dont know, I think Garcia should retire after this season, he is 36. Besides, he is doing so well because they are running it more. As for Romo, he should focus more on the game instead of getting in Carrie Underwoods pants.

19. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    It does feel like this is all going to Romo's head. Bill Parcells was afraid of that. I know that's inevitable with quarterbacks in the NFL, but it does feel like he's letting his ego do the driving lately. If he can just stay focused and let his talent play, he'll be a great quarterback.

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The Steelers season in a nutshell, as presented in a swing of plays in today's game:

Steelers go on a 90-yard drive.

Willie Parker Fumbles.

66-yard touchdown pass to Chris Henry who runs like the cops are chasing him.

:(

At least they've retaken the lead.

edit: and then, of course, they commit penalties to allow the Bungles to retake the lead. Yup. That's our season in a nutshell

21. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    J
    E
    T
    S

JETS
    JETS
    JETS!!!!!

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    OMG! YES!

We might have missed the playoffs, but the Bungles are going home!

SANTONIO HOLMES!!!!

That was awesome ... and then he struck the O-H-I-O in front of the taunting Bungles fans ... wow .... I'm on a high.

23. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    I think Garcia has said he wants to prove he's still able to be a starter in the league. I want him to stay as a back-up in Philly, because if Mcnabb goes down again, we know there's a guy who can lead the team, but if he decides to leave to go start somewhere else, I'll root for him (Unless it's Washington or NY or something...)

BTW, thanks for the Divison Title, Dallas. :)

24. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    I have been saying this all year, John Kitna is amazing. Dallas, you suck :). Im surprised Feely is played so well. Eagles are going to the superbowl! Go 49ers so Chiefs can get in.

25. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Packers are out of it.

Uber sad face.

Now I'm sort of rooting for us to lose against the Bears, so we can get a higher pick...