main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, those games don't count. They're immaterial. But it is a CBA-violation, which is a big deal.

2. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    No more than I think the Patriots would win extra games because their balls were deflated 0.2 PSI below the expected amount that would be derived from Mother Nature.

Cheating is cheating, right?

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    JFC, the Jags are cursed. Poor Jalen Ramsey.

5. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    What the heck, you actually think deflated footballs would give someone an advantage? When the Colts themselves had deflated footballs?

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  7. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Wait... you post an article about how a team bought (or maybe just watched) Tom Brady's calls at the line of scrimmage on a nationally televised game and this compares to taping teams' calls and plays during a private practice? Am I reading you right?

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Chromite just doesn't get it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    for you jealous haters out there!

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I hate the NFL off season.

I'm looking forward to the opening of training camps for some real updates.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Shouldn't you head back to the presidential thread to piss off the liberals and mentally sane? :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I fight the good fight against evil and injustice(Liberals and New Yorkers) where ever I'M needed!:p

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    What I like best about being a Giants and Mets fan is having bragging rights over Boston teams forever.

dp4m likes this.
  15. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Mets fans are suppose to be Jets fans and Giants fans are Yankee fans. So I don't recognize your claim:p

WookatMe likes this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm a Yankees fan, Jets fan, and Cowboys fan... so there!

17. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Jets/Cowboys Superbowl 51

Chromide and dp4m like this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

At least wait until the Jets have signed a starting QB. Unless, they feel Geno is the answer.

Juliet316 and Chromide like this.
  19. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Lol I'm just trying to get some type of discussion going.

20. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    Geno isn't a qb I'd trust. Lol, I saw him play at WVU and didn't think he had the coconuts to empower his team. I still don't
    #SignFitzy

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    See I can get behind Boston fans who accept their villainy like DX, which relished breaking the rules. It's when y'all pretend you're squeaky clean John Cena and "Deflator" was about weight loss where you can take the circle jerk to a Pats blog.

That got me thinking though...what wrestler would each NFL team be?!

Vince McMahon-- obvs Goodell
    Pats-- Triple H (cheater, love-hate with the establishment) or Kurt Angle ("I drink milk I play by the rules okay!")
    Cowboys-- Andre the Giant (legend for the sport/partying, functionally dead now)
    Niners-- Ric Flair (lots of history, basically just yaps now)
    Packers-- The Rock (is there anyone cooler than him/Aaron Rodgers? I mean is there?)
    Giants-- Stone Cold Steve Austin (throws middle-finger at dynasties, provider of stunners)
    Colts-- Undertaker (purely for Peyton, who maybe held on one...too...long but still somehow delivered)
    Bengals-- Dean Ambrose (Cincinnati, plays with the big boys but will. he. ever. win. a. big. one.)
    Bucs-- Chris Jericho (just cause I think he and Gruden might be the same person)
    Jags-- Dolph Ziggler (could be a fun one to watch! name is appropriately Blake Bortles-y!)
    Raiders-- Road Warriors (too easy)
    Browns-- Bo Dallas (Bo-lieveland!)
    '85 Bears-- Brock Lesnar
    Steelers-- Shawn Michaels (total ass, legacy will conveniently forget how much underhanded **** went down)
    Washington-- Hulk Hogan (...ya know)
    Stephanie McMahon-- Bill Simmons

22. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I accept that the Patriots try to find a way to get a competitive advantage any way they can. But if you think every team in the NFL doesn't do the same then your drinking the patriots haters Kool-aid and I have a bridge to sell you in Guam. from your post I guess your a packers fan and trying to overinflated balls is OK.

23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Given the allegations of the NFL trying to continue to manipulate reports/research on brain injuries and player safety, the NFL leadership has forfeited any right to be sanctimonious about Brady and "Deflategate." Too bad it seems they don't take player safety as serious as deflated footballs.

24. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012

25. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    you wanted me to thank you for your post saying that I thought the Patriots are villains? they are like everyone else in the NFL AND SPORTS. It's just that when they are accused of trying to bend the rules it makes head line news on NBC, when some one else does it, it's a little blur on the back of a newspaper. I could only image what the media would say if a patriots were caught trying to warm up the footballs with heaters on live tv.