main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I think I'll live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jcgoble3, Havac , xblackout and 4 others like this.
  2. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I call and double down your bet
    [​IMG]

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Darth Air Raley

Darth Air Raley Jedi Padawan

May 11, 2016
    Whaddup fellas - Cowboys fan here. SB or bust this year!

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    you better be able to protect Romo or it will be bust.

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Pats fans always forget that Belichick won two rings with the Giants.

Also I don't care that you won 4 . I care that we beat you twice. Patriots could have had the greatest team and dynasty of all time. But they don't, thanks to the Giants.

ma_petite and Juliet316 like this.
  7. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    the Patriots and Brady run is not over yet. Also the other dynastys were in ERA'S where only 4-5 teams had a real shot at winning the superbowl every year. the patriots don't have that luxury.

8. Darth Air Raley

Darth Air Raley Jedi Padawan

May 11, 2016
    I'll be interested to see what the Pats do at WR -- Brady's only reliable targets are Gronk and Edelman (when he's not hurt). Amendola will get hurt in the first game and break something. Lots of competition for those spots....

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I don't get it, I don't watch house of cards?

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have no problem pulling for the Pats when they are not playing the Panthers but WTF kind of "No, you!" pissing contest did I just read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm not a Pats fan, but I definitely appreciate the high level of art and skill they bring to the game. They approach the game with a level of sophistication and dedication that not many other teams even come close to matching. They don't do things just because that's the way it's always been done, they challenge ideas and concepts and try to find the best way. There's thought behind everything they do. You might assume that to be the case with most teams, but it's simply not. Belichick and Co have brought The Art of War to the NFL like few before them. With the way the Pats prepare (anticipates "lol by cheating!"), they win before they even take the field. They are infinitely fluid and adaptable. They have a total team concept that they actually adhere to in every thing they do. They consistently win, despite never ending turnover in personnel and coaching. It's because their strategy gets the most out of the players, regardless of who's there. The strategy can win no matter who they throw out there. It's because they actually understand strategy, instead of robotically sticking to some "system". They don't have a system.

Basically, the Pats are the Spurs of the NFL.

Personally, I don't buy into the idea of them being cheaters. They're all cheaters. Every last one of them. This was something that was well known and accepted for years and years. Everyone knew everyone else was cheating, and looking for whatever edge they could get.

Spygate? Who wasn't doing that? There's a reason every coach in the league covered their mouths when calling plays.

This stupid deflated football thing? How inane and inconsequential.

I don't care.

Personally, I hope Tom Brady delays his suspension with appeals for another two years, and then retires without having to serve the suspension. That would be hilarious.

Chromide and STARBOB like this.
  12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Giants have 4 SB Rings also;)
    [​IMG]

@anakinfansince1983

Giants and Patriots fans don't like each other neither do our teams like one another it is a big rivalry that makes me hate the Patriots way more then the Cowboys, I have a high level of respect for the cowboys and as a Yankees fan I have much respect for the red sox and I love Papi I just don't love when he is hitting HR's against my Yankees, but If I met Papi on the street and he asked for a bear hug I would reciprocate !

13. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I for one have been a Pats fan my whole life, but I have no problem at all with the Giants. If anything, I hate the Jets, but that was mostly because of Rex Ryan and the thug mentality the team had under him. It was harder to hate them when Parcells and Martin were there.
    I try not to be one of those fans that's like "haha look at how awesome my team is and everyone else is beneath us" because it didn't lead to constructive conversation. I have come to their defense when I felt people were just hating simply to hate.
    The downside is that people talk to us fans as if we were personally involved in the scandals and had something to do with it. We're just fans, that's it, for better or worse.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm familiar with sports rivalries. That was not my point.

Juliet316 and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I thought you didn't understand why Patriots and Giants fans in here were trying to one up each other with pictures of trophy's and rings, I consider my Giants among the Elite of Football, 49'rs, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, and Patriots am I missing any Elite teams? If I misunderstood, my bad.

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Packers and the Browns.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah, more that I felt like I had walked into a seedy sports bar where everyone had drunk too much cheap beer and regressed. "You're just jealous!" etc.

I can't stand the Giants but Point Given is cool.

18. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I hate them both.:p just kidding my point about the patriots whiners is they are like a supporter of the democrat party saying republicans are crooked but their party (Democrats) are squeaky clean and would never lie or cheat or vis virsa. iF you think your team never tries to bend rules to get an advantage then your delusional.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Ha! Yeah, I remember that beating in SF by Marshall. I also remember the when Jim Burt knocked out Montana in that blow out playoff game and hearing the fans cheer. I remember the Mark Bavaro Monday Night was he carried Ronnie Lott for like 10 yards. I remember the when Roger Craig fumbled in the NFC Championship game when the Niners were poised for a 3-peat. Those were some great teams, which made for some great battles. However, Niners fans really don't think of Giants as our biggest playoff rivalry, that title belongs to the Cowboys.

20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    The Pat's also play in the easiest conference in football. Easy road to the playoffs each year.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The easiest conference in football? You mean, out of the two? Or did you mean division?

Ehhhh, I don't know about that.

The Panthers and the Seahawks are the last two teams to make the playoffs with losing records.

There are lots of other stats and that I can point out, and other points I can make, that say the AFC is better, or at least about equal.

Do you care to post anything to support your comment?

Chromide likes this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

rite thanks for those two I forgot, Packers but how many do the browns have? I don't recall? The Browns won about 3 or 4 NFL championships before the Super Bowl was a thing back when they had Jim Brown, I just looked it up on Google, but no Super Bowls ...

23. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    4 AAFC and 4 NFL Championships.

24. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I was talking about the east conference. Buffalo, Jets, and Dolphins have sucked big time during the Pats reign. Sure a team might do well one year and then they go sub .500 for years. Seriously their competition has been a joke in that conference.

25. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    As a Dolphins fan I agree, the AFC East has mostly been garbage other than the Pats for a while now.