main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    That's the East DIVISION you half wit.

Chromide and CT-867-5309 like this.
  2. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I respect what the Giants have done. It is a very strange situation where they haven't won a single playoff game in the Eli era except those 2 seasons where they won 'em all. But the Patriots could arguably be the greatest dynasty of the Super Bowl era. If Brady/Belichick grab a 5th, it won't even be much of an argument anymore.

PearsOfKrissto likes this.
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    lmao +1

4. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Sigh... The NFL thread's iq has dropped so much since the Arena was integrated into the JCC. I remember when discussions used to be good. *shakes cane and hobbles away*

Sent from my iHorse

5. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    John urschel, Baltimore Ravens. This dude's still awesome. Pursuing his doctorate at MIT
    Specifically, Urschel was studying Spectral Graph Theory, Numerical Linear Algebra and Machine Learning, as his MIT directory shows. He also has his own research page.

What Urschel didn't expect was that he would learn about football from the Division III Engineers while on the Cambridge, Mass. campus.

Urschel fulfilled his mother's longtime dream of going to MIT. She so desperately wanted him to go there instead of Penn State, where he ultimately got his undergraduate degree, that she called MIT's coach and asked him to recruit her son. The coach said he didn't need to see any game film. All Urschel needed to do was show up.

Well, seven years later and after a lot of thought about how to balance both his loves of football and math, Urschel made his mom's dream come true. He not only studied at MIT this spring, but he also trained with the school's football team.

6. Darth Air Raley

Darth Air Raley Jedi Padawan

May 11, 2016

Who's your team?

7. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Truth hurts doesn't it. but keep going on making your drunk insults

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Asking someone what team they root for is the kind of low IQ comment she is exasperated with.

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Who's this directed at? Who's even making drunk insults? Be careful how you respond.

10. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    who?
    1)Go home bob you're drunk
    2) Anakinfan knows what it is.

11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Pointy G you have to ban me now

12. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
  13. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Why? your probably squeaky clean just like whoever your NFL team is.

14. Darth Air Raley

May 11, 2016

You wanna talk NFL, let's roll...
    Some of you guys need to take off your skirts. Not even close as bad as the prequel forum, though; some of you have girlfriends/wives/sig. others...

Possible Topics.
    -Cam Newton is a loser, but will probably dominate this season.
    -Tom Brady will not miss 4 games (and will never get his comeuppance)
    -Eli Manning still has dumb-face.
    -If Romo, Dez, and Zeke stay healthy, the Cowboys will run the table.
    -Goff and Wentz will both be busts.
    -Will Denver bring back Tebow?

15. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006

You're new here so I'll make this one exception. But let me be absolutely clear. This is a supposed to be a casual area for us to talk sports, rag on each other's teams from time to time and have a good time. It's not a place for silly insults like what you said above.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Bampersand?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Right, because you need to have a dick to talk about football! I totally forgot about that rule. See you all in the Bachelorette thread!

By the way, DAR...you happen to work for the NFL? Just wondering 'cause you seem to have the same air of disrespect toward us.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've have never had a girlfriend. Had quite a few boyfriends though.

The debate over Cam Newton's end zone antics will get settled and may not be worth having. But his charity work and his record keep him from being a "loser," and hopefully he does dominate this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Wait until Lisa comes back to read where we've progressed now ahahaha

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Cam's ridiculous arrogance is a legitimate reason to dislike him. And when I say arrogance, I mean proclaiming yourself to be the best ever (several times), like Anakin Skywalker, when he has done absolutely nothing to warrant such a claim. And, like Anakin Skywalker, he thinks everyone is a "hater", they're jealous and holding him back. Can't have anything to do with the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

The whole "no one has ever seen anything like me before" narrative leading up to the Super Bowl was nauseating. For some reason, the media ate it up, because apparently these NFL experts have developed amnesia. I felt like I was taking crazy pills and remembering an alternate reality NFL history.

21. Darth Air Raley

May 11, 2016
    Yeah, I was actually on team Cam until the Super Bowl. Look, the guy is talented. Bruce Lee used to say (paraphrasing) it's not being cocky if you can back it up, which he appeared to be doing last season. But you have to be accountable for your mistakes and show a little more class in front of the camera if you lose; things he certainly needs work on. I don't think he won any fans after that press conference.

Also, his sorry excuse (lie) for not jumping on that loose ball was pretty abhorrent -- that play was the nail in the coffin.

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005

[​IMG]

Just, you know, for the record.

23. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Omg... Wtf...kill me now.

I guess since we have a new person who think they rule everything and don't get how many females post in this thread cuz lol there are no women on the Internet, we should all state our gender and team. Also because knowing my team has anything to do with intelligent discussion.

Thank you, PG cuz I would've probably gone off the deep end at that person if you hadn't posted first.

Lloyd - the stupid bots bought all the Packer tix for their game against the Titans so now I can't go without paying a ridiculous amount of money.

P.S n00b - the Packers aren't my team

Sent from my iHorse

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know how much of my perspective on Cam Newton is skewed because I'm local, or because I have a weak spot for people who do charity work for kids. Side point one: no, it's not about giving away the touchdown footballs, it's about the "Christmas with Cam" events at one of the local children's hospitals and throwing a birthday party for a local kid who was dying of cancer (and did a couple of months later). Side point two: when I found out that Richard Sherman buys shoes for impoverished kids in Seattle schools, any modicum of concern I had about his screaming in the reporter's mic was gone.

Of course none of that has anything to do with actual football playing so I'll move along.

I enjoyed watching him play, the way he and Olsen were like a well-oiled machine and seemed to communicate telepathically, the way he somersaulted over about eight players to get the ball in the end zone despite having fractured vertebrae in a wreck last year. He does not get all the credit for the Panthers' record last year, and maybe Olsen and Kuechly needed more media attention for their contributions. (This is where I throw in another plug for Cameron Artis-Payne, I think he's up and coming.)

I can see why people who are less biased than I am found the end zone antics obnoxious at least occasionally. Around here we dab while posing for pictures and we dab while getting ready for other sports events (we have dabbed before a race in more than one that I have participated in). We celebrate Cam. But that's here.

That press conference...well, he probably should have been prepared to lose, and prepared to set his emotions aside if and when he did.

xblackout and LloydChristmas like this.
  25. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    they have only won 2 since i've been alive:p But seriously do teams even display championships before the superbowl era with banners? Also since the AFL & NFL were separate leagues during the 1st 3 super-bowls are the Colts the NFL champions in 1968 in the history books? that would mean the Jets have still never been NFL Champions.