main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I think saying they're an all-time elite team is a stretch. I know what they did 50+ years ago, I don't think it's enough though. Obviously the Packers are an elite team, due to past and present success.

3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    A bigger stretch is trying to convince the Arena to throw out the Otto Graham era because of 15-odd years of a Browns expansion team while slobbing knob on the Brady/Belichick era despite how dog **** New England was for their first 45+ years.

You can lol at the Browns all day, I particularly enjoy doing so twice a year as a Bengals fan (EXCEPT THEY TEND TO TAKE ONE FROM US, REAL COOL JUST HELP THE STEELERS GUYS), but the fact is they have a richer history and more exceptional fans than like the heavy majority of the league.

tom, cubman987 , Juliet316 and 4 others like this.
  4. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    The Patriots weren't that great for their first 45+ years but they did make the SB twice....

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You guys have basically been pouting over some someone disagreeing about the Browns. Talk about low IQ comments?

First

Not that I care, but how do you justify that ****? How is that any different than "who's your team"? Pretty sure it's not even allowed in the JCC, yet there it is. With a like from a mod, no less.

NE was "dog **** their first 45+ years", despite winning the Super Bowl three times during that period, and going to the SB twice more.

Oh? Didn't know the Patriots didn't start until 1960? Or you just don't know basic arithmetic?

So much for looking things up on Google, or knowing about things before 2000. Or 2005.

Yeah, you guys are so much better.

So, I guess....just pout.

Darth Air Raley likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This MIGHT be worse than a TV show thread between seasons, and by "might be," I mean "is."

Pre-season can't get here fast enough, and not just because I'm stuck with following Knights baseball and NASCAR right now.

Knights baseball is OK but **** NASCAR.

(Hordes of race fans e-screaming at me would actually improve the thread without my giving a **** about being e-screamed at, so...)

7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I was intentionally giving a buffer to include pre-Pats Boston squads (since I included some Akron/Canton in talking about Cle), but if you wanna insult my arithmetic my 10th grade geometry teacher will probably agree with you.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Hey guys, had NFL Network on in the background and it was playing an old episode of "NFL Top 10", this one was "Endzone Celebrations". I'd seen it before, and I remembered who got #1, because it made me smile. It was Barry Sanders.

What do you guys think of this? What's your favorite endzone celebration?

Btw, the best TD dance was actually Kelley Washington's "The Squirrel". He only scored 12 touchdowns his entire career but IDC, that was the best dance I've ever seen. Chad Johnson wasn't even the best celebrator on his own team.

Speaking of Chad Johnson...they showed him wearing that HOF jacket he made up for himself. I had a good laugh at that, too.

Anyway, just something to pass the time during the off-season. Thinking maybe we could discuss things like this (talk about stupid lists) when there's no news, or something like this.

Chromide likes this.
  9. Darth Air Raley

Darth Air Raley Jedi Padawan

May 11, 2016
    Butch Johnson for the Dallas Cowboys was always my #1 favorite.

Runner up: Ickey Woods.

10. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Ickey Shuffle!

Ochocinco was a god damn artist tho

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    He was fun, and I think pretty harmless. He wasn't particularly mean spirited, or a bad sport. He was generally just having fun. I enjoyed watching him. Still, a statement like that is just begging for poetic justice.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The first one was great.

[​IMG]

The second one was awesome!

[​IMG]

TO: "Loves me some of me."

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    this is my favorite endzone celebration
    [​IMG]
    the icing on the cake was knowing this P@##D off everyone outside of New England[face_laugh]

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't know why you're being so deliberately and openly trollsome. Especially since it's clearly not working on anyone.

Any comments on the best WR not named Jerry Rice?

It's a very tough call. Back in his day, I thought it was Cris Carter. For years I said Marvin Harrison, and I think he may still have the best argument. But, now that a lot of these guys are retired, I'm leaning toward Randy Moss based on sheer spectacle.

Guess it depends on how you feel on any given day.

15. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Well T.O. certainly has a good case. he's the 2nd all time leading receiver, so he has the numbers and had the talent. I think he probably could have played a few more years too, but for some reason teams didn't want him. He really should have been a first ballot HOF if we just consider his impact on the field. He got a raw deal with the votes, but it seems like WR's these days have to wait to get in.
    My personal vote would be for Randy Moss though based on his combination of size, speed, and spectacle. He came into the league with a chip on his shoulder for being passed over by so many teams in the draft, and he made them pay for it. Teams couldn't stop him because he would just leap right over the defenders and make insane catches like it was nothing. He really changed the game and that position with the way he played.

16. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Steve Smith

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, without checking stats and going by my own recollections for the moment, I'd probably have to do Moss or TO. Though, I also think Irvin may be slightly undervalued there... (that may be my homerism though)

18. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Larry Fitzgerald for me, particularly with the 2008 postseason in mind (and against Green Bay in both 2010 and 2016). He's also spent half his career working with abysmal quarterbacks.

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I was going to mention Fitzgerald, but I wanted to leave some options open for others.

As of right now, at this moment, I'd have to put him under the others listed. Until last season, it looked like maybe he was fading (the knee problems certainly played a part in that), perhaps a little too early in his career. The move to the slot has been great for him. If he can keep up last season's resurgence for a few more seasons, he's going to make a very, very strong case for himself. He'll have all the stats necessary, he'll have the YUGE clutch playoff performances, and he already has that something that makes him stand out, that makes distinctive beyond his statistics.

Personally, I don't put TO with the rest of the group, for obvious reasons.

20. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    He wasn't fading. He was playing with lousy quarterbacks who couldn't get him the ball. Who would you rather have in a postseason game?

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, them switching Fitz from an outside receiver to a slot receiver may be the best thing that ever happened to him -- he may end up even better than he was...

22. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, I thought he was fading. He looked slow (slower than usual) and lacked that burst. For the first time in his career...he looked like he couldn't jump. That's independent of QB play. Now he looks better, physically. At first, he seemed to be doing fine when he had Derek Anderson, Kevin Kolb and whoever else they had throwing him the ball...then, suddenly, he wasn't doing as well. His stats went way down, with the same quarterbacks. And they stayed down even after Carson Palmer showed up. It wasn't until last season that they improved.

Who would I rather have in a postseason game? Probably no one. Maybe Moss or Irvin. Depends on what offense I'm running, and what defense I'm facing.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'd say Randy Moss was the most talented WR to ever play in the NFL and whenever he put his mind to it, he would dominate. It's just too he carried alot of baggage and didn't play with a great QB for his entire career.

24. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    He was pretty good with Daunte Culpepper and Brady.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i would probably have to say moss as well, though i feel like megatron would have gotten some support if he had played a little longer and/or had more big moments in which to shine. guy played nine seasons and only had the opportunity to play in two playoff games, one of which was an epic 12 catch, 211 yd, 2 td performance. also excited to see where julio jones ends up among the all-time greats when it's all said and done.