main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Colin Kaepernick of San Francisco 49ers cleared to do individual drills

[​IMG]

Many 49ers fans were wondering how the relationship between Kaepernick and the organization would be going into the season with all the offseason talk of Kap wanting to leave and the hiring of Chip Kelly. So far, nothing really to report as Kap did not speak to the media. However, I saw video of Kap throwing passes via local news coverage and dude looks like he dropped about 20 pounds. He looks really lean. Not sure why.

2. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    [​IMG]

Vikes new digs. Pretty impressive!

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Damn, that was pretty fast. I felt only like a year ago when we saw the heavy snow collapsing the roof of the Metrodome. Only if the Raiders could build a stadium. Speaking of which, Hall of Famer, Ronnie Lott is leading up an investment group to keep the Raiders in Oakland with has the support of the NFL. Ronnie Lott and his group would be part owners in the Raiders. It's doubtful that it will amount to anything as I don't think Mark Davis would want to give any percentage of the ownership to anyone.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So for about ten minutes yesterday Roger Goodell was considered dead...

5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    According to Boston and north of there, he should be.

PearsOfKrissto likes this.
  6. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I love how it inserts two totally non-cheating things (the Tuck Rule, and the Ravens substitution playoff game) -- which everyone agrees were both perfectly legal and very lucky (in the first instance) and brilliant (in the second instance) -- in with the actual cheating things to throw suspicion off. On a site plastered with "All things Boston sports..." NO HOMER!!!

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    "offthemonstersports.com"

"you need to hear it"

[​IMG]

Juliet316, cubman987 , tom and 2 others like this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

There has been some really bizarre QB stuff this off-season.

When I first heard that Chip was going to coach San Fran, the first thought in my head was that it was because of Kap, and Kelly was gonna run the hell out of him with the zone read. I thought it was possibly the main reason for him going there.

Then all the nonsense.

Did Chip even call this guy when he got hired? Did he reach out and tell him how important he was to him? That's the first thing I would have done, I would have got him on board. Hell, I would have done it before I got hired, to make sure he was on board and excited. If he wasn't, no sense in taking the job.

Then, when asked what he looks for in a QB, I believe Chip said something like "get the ball out quickly, and accuracy". Kap is neither of those things. So.

The Jets situation is just as bizarre to me. I don't know what the Jets are doing.

And then Bradford's pouting. That was idiotic and weak, and caused him to lose a great deal of respect all around the league, and undoubtedly on his own team.

10. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Predictable.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

From what I can recall, Chip never reached out to Kaepernick and Kaepernick was butt hurt with the Niners organization for the treatment by the organization, with letting Harbaugh go and being bench without providing him with future job security. I'm hoping the Niners and Kap could bury the hatched by the time training camp starts.

I was listening to local radio this morning and the talk show said the 49ers are underdogs in every game up this upcoming season, but someone tweeted the show saying, "not true. the niners are not under dogs in their bye week." There were some Niner fans that wanted to sue the organization because they bought season tickets but the organization didn't deliver on the product.

12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh well, I guess we'll just have to count on the Spelling Bee for the Dab.

[​IMG]

Anyways, I always felt the dab was a slight modification of Kaepernicking.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He has been criticized for not being good with people. I guess he hasn't worked that out yet.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He's coming up with a new dance supposedly. :p

Rew likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, he had a brief media session the other day, but he seemed to be annoyed by the reporters.

Kaepernick did speak to the media yesterday, and many of the local reporters thought he got a personality transplant as he was very engaging and smiling, while last year he was curt and gave pretty much one word answers when dealing with the press. He was asked if he still wanted to be traded and Kap responded, "I haven't thought about being traded in awhile." It still remains to be seen whether he's the starting QB going into the season.

17. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    Breshad bloody Perriman has a partially torn ACL. This sucks for him. First season, sprained pcl. Best friend died, father has a stroke. Second season, tore ACL.

18. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Yeah, he calls it "The Step Back." It's a dance he does whenever there's a loose ball on the ground..... :D

vin, Chromide and Point Given like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ****. That just revived some Super Bowl memories. :p

20. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    If it makes you feel any better, I was rooting for Carolina. :(

21. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

*shaking fist emoticon*

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Tom Brady is taking Deflategate to the Supreme Court?

I don't have a strong opinion about Deflategate itself but I'm surprised it's going that far.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's very unlikely that the Supreme Court would even hear Tom Brady's case, as there are an enormous amount of other critical issues for the Court to decide.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Buddy Ryan has passed at 82.