main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unanswerable Question....

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Leggo_my_Legolas, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    No, silly, it's called evolution. :)

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Well, lets analize it. IF the chicken was created first, then would it look like an egg or not. Would the chicken give birth to an egg or lay an egg. If the egg came first, how would the chicken know how to hatch itself. Did the egg become one with the chicken. Chicken or egg, chicken or egg, arg, can't decide, arg!

(head explodes)

3. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    since I'm currently studying for a Genesis midterm:

the chicken.

when I'm sober:

yes.

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    The egg came first.

There were eggs long before there were chickens.

5. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    This is starting to become extremely hilarious. [face_laugh] Maybe we should change the question to "Which came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?"

6. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    An egg will "grow up" to become a chicken. It contains the same DNA blueprint. You could say the egg has the essence of the chicken. The chicken and the egg are really the same. They have the same blueprint and the same essence. Therefore there can be no question of which came first. They both were there. At the same time!?!!!

Brilliant :D

7. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    i started to post because i thought i had a good point

sadly in the time it took to load i confused it, jumbled it, and lost it and got

scrambled eggs [face_shocked]

8. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually thats not true.

There are unfertilized Chicken eggs, that is eggs which came from chickens but will never hatch into chickens as they are missing something we will call... stuff, or, if you prefer, laundry.

Now assuming there was a creature that was not a chicken but able to lay eggs which, would from hatch a chicken, and, for the sake of arguement, there was a another creature which, equipped with laundry, could allow the chicken-egg-laying-creature-which-was-not-a-chicken to lay eggs, that would contain the material neccesary for the creation of a chicken then I think we all must see that the answer would be Taco.

9. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I think I have been awake too long. Am I having a nightmare?

10. cable1996

cable1996 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2001
    I think that is a private issue between the chicken and the egg

11. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    No.

That really is Preacher Boy gnawing on your brain.

Sorry.

As to the continuing Chicken/Egg debate I say we get Ted Koppel to moderate in a town meeting format and have people ask unscripted questions to both the chicken and the agg aboutwhat they would do if they came first and also about Social Security.

12. Zasio

Zasio Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2000
    "There are unfertilized Chicken eggs, that is eggs which came from chickens but will never hatch into chickens as they are missing something we will call... stuff, or, if you prefer, laundry.

Now assuming there was a creature that was not a chicken but able to lay eggs which, would from hatch a chicken, and, for the sake of arguement, there was a another creature which, equipped with laundry, could allow the chicken-egg-laying-creature-which-was-not-a-chicken to lay eggs, that would contain the material neccesary for the creation of a chicken then I think we all must see that the answer would be Taco."

The the chicken-egg-laying-creature-which-was-not-a-chicken doesn't necessarily (sp?) reproduce the same way a chicken does. ^ ^ I say no Tacos, yes Fried Shrimp. ^ ^

"I think that is a private issue between the chicken and the egg"

Wah ha ha hah! That one got me giggling the most. ^ ^

13. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    lol! cable1996, ...that is just...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

lol...

14. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    I disagree.

The chicken-egg-laying-creature-which-was-not-a-chicken would have to be similar to a chicken in almost all respects to be able to lay an egg from which would come the creature known as chicken.

My guess is that the chicken-egg-laying-creature-which-was-not-a-chicken was actually a former Hollywood executive slung backwards in time.

This may also explain fruit loops.

15. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    The Chicken

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, while hot dog buns come in packages of 8?

17. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    it comes down to evolution vs creation:

creation: the chicken was created from nothing, therefore the chicken came first

evolution: the animal that the chicken evolved from layed an egg that, instead of hatching that animal, gave hatched a chicken, therefore the egg came first

for this reason, i stand by my "eggs for breakfast and chickens for dinner -> egg came first" hypothesis. it works for evolution!

18. Zasio

Zasio Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2000
    Oh, you are definately mistaken . . . You had a point, but when you got to the Fruit loops, man you destroyed yourself there . . .

Cheerios! Not honeynut! Hee hee. ^ ^

19. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    This chicken Egg debate is an effrontry to the power and majesty of God.

Is nothing sacred?

According to the latest AP poll... no.

And in other news...

20. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The answer is obviously the egg. We classify an egg by what's in it, not what laid it. So even if the thing that laid the egg wasn't a chicken as we know them now, what's IN the egg was, therefore it was a chicken egg, which was around before the chicken in it hatched.

21. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    Neither. Asexual reproduction via fission came first. Then came the chocolate bunny.

22. Leggo_my_Legolas

Leggo_my_Legolas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2002

The truth is out there.

23. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Fish or Fish eggs?

24. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
  25. Admiral Maciejewski