main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Uncertain Promise(JA fic with Xanatos and Qui-Gon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by _Xanatos_, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I am not sure when I will have the next post up.

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Take your time Xanatos! We'll still be here!

Although I can't wait to see what Qui-Gon does about getting back and saving Xani! :)

Sorry about not posting reciently. DRL has been getting me a bit lately. :p

3. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    It's okay mouse2

4. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003

Captain Ison stood with feet apart and hands behind his back staring at the view of his ship nearly destroyed.

"Sir, communications are down on the Cullous Cutthroat", said a comm officer.

"Have the Security Team check everyone on this ship, we'll have to come back for any survivors on my ship after we make the ransom trade", said Ison.

"Yes sir", said the comm officer leaving.

Qui-Gon had picked up a crate and walked through the hallways of the freighter, it was not as big as the Cullous Cutthroat so the halls were a tad crowded. He got to Xanatos' cabin, a guard was there.

Qui-Gon walked by the guard, he was a human with fair skin and looked bored. Before passing the guard he turned sideways putting his body ino the movement; the guard was knocked unconscious. Qui-Gon then put the crate down and entered Xanatos' cabin.

The little boy was on the bed with tears in his eyes. Then he looked up and sniffled with a smile coming onto his face.

"Qui-Gon", he said and ran to the Jedi Master giving him a hug.

Qui-Gon looked down at the black haired boy and smiled, he crouched down to meet Xanatos eye to eye.

"Xanatos are you all right? Did they do anything to you?"

"No, they just came in and then left, I tried the door, it was locked, what do they want with me?"

"They want to trade you to your father for money, but I will not let that happen", said Qui-Gon.

Just then Jeter walked in. He also had a tech uniform on.

"They are checking for identification", he said.

"Ison is not one to fool I can tell, where can Xanatos go?"

"Umm, wait I got it, there is a secret cargo hold on the side wall underneath the bunker", replied Jeter and with that went underneath the bunker and wrestled around with something then he emerged.

"Got it opened, just crawl under there and hide, close it too", said Jeter.

Xanatos followed Jeter's instructions and then when they heard the secret cargo hold close they went to leave but Qui-Gon halted Jeter.

Then using the Force Qui-Gon levitated an object in the room. Jeter opened the door and the object went through with enough velocity to knock out a guard waiting for them at the door with an electro jabber.

Jeter stepped over both guards and drew his blaster. Qui-Gon followed with his hand resting on his lightsaber. Jeter led them to through the ship. The tech teams must have assembled in the cockpit by now. Jeter stopped and then taking aim shot the guard around the corner. Jeter continued on and then threw himself back as a rain of multiple shots came. The other guards must have heard the previous blaster shot and positioned in an ambush.

Qui-Gon ignited his lightsaber and went to face the guards deflecting many of the poorly aimed shots back at the guards. Soon enough the hall was quiet and Jeter led Qui-Gon on to the cockpit. Ison stood there with a comm officer by the throat.

"Give me a report!"

"Sorry sir but the guards are not reporting in", said the comm officer.

"They won't be", said Jeter walking in and then pulled out a second blaster.

"Touch it, I dare you", said Jeter to a comm officer who had reached for a blaster; the officer backed down.

Qui-Gon was behind Jeter and then he was alerted by the Force.

"Get down", he yelled to Jeter and deflected a blaster shot as fast as his lightsaber had ignited. The shot came back to the originator. And thump occured against the hiding spot, a few seconds later a body slammed against the deck. There were two comm and tech officers. Qui-Gon then went to Ison; Jeter was favoring his wound. But still had an eye on the crew of comm officers and techs.

Ison laughed and behind him in the blackness of space a battleship and a squadron of two sixteen team fighters appeared. Jeter eyes bugged out then he knocked out a comm officer, the otehrs had come at him but he shot them all easily and then began punching in commands to raise the Pioneer's shields.

Qui-Gon then used the Force to put Ison into a deep sleep. He ran to the communications console. The fi

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Too tired to say more.Keep up the good work!

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Qui-Gon left and then Jeter took the weapons controls. How long this ship could last after Ison's attack and now this attack was questionable but he knew Qui-Gon could get them all out of this situation alive.

Oooh, creepy! [face_shocked] Nice post. I like the plot you have going thus far. Its very good. I am also very [face_shocked] by some of the things that are happening. Great job, and please post soon. :D

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    last night this post didn't pop up- strange.

8. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    You can all count on seing some favorite Jedi soon, I may also show what's going on with Crion occasionally to make future events more understandable.

9. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Wonderful post Xanatos! I'm glad they were able to get to little Xani. Now I just hope that help arrives soon!

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. :D

10. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    Qui-Gon had come to the cockpit with Xanatos now and Jeter was at the weapon controls, sweat trickled down his nose onto the console. Qui-Gon came to his side, the fighters were pounding the ship hard and the other ships had moved in closer to dock with the Pioneer.

"Our engine has been disabled, Ison's men were supposed to fix it then be out of here, now all these pirates have to do is dock, they're getting close", said Jeter.

"I'll get to the docking hatch and try to hold off the men, you must keep those fighters off our back until the Jedi get here, Xanatos, stay here at the cockpit", said Qui-Gon. He then left to the hallway and Xanatos was here to see the battle, but he would be safer in the cockpit than in the line of battle.

The battleship was moving in now and was preparing to dock the Pioneer. The captain of the ship stood looking at the freighter from the viewport of his battleship The Emyn. He knew he had to be careful with this, Ison was his co-leader of the pirate gang they ran, after he boarded this ship he would have others come and rescue Ison's crew. For now he had to disable the ship even more and dock it, he was told there were Jedi involved.

The ship rumbled and Qui-Gon was knocked off his feet. Then the sound of the ship filled the sudden silence that came after the blast. He got up and ignited his lightsaber.

Qui-Gon stood there and then they came; the pirates blasted open the door, they had armor and heavy blasters. Qui-Gon came at the first one with the element of surprise cutting the blaster in half and then swinging low to chop off the pirate's legs.

He emitted a wail of pain and crawled away. There was a trail of blood behind him and then another pirate stepped over him and began firing violently at Qui-Gon. He moved backwards and spun to deflect the shot and then jumped forward slashing the pirate across the chest, the blood sprayed out toward Qui-Gon and stained his tunic. But he kept moving on and chopped down more pirates.

Jeter was at the controls and fighting hard to keep the fighters off. Now gradually they diminished and he knew now that the pirates had boarded.

"Xanatos, take cover under this console", said Jeter motioning to the console he was at. Xanatos ran over and hid himself.

"Where is Qui-Gon sir?"

"He is keeping the pirates off the ship I need to help him, now stay here and be quiet", said Jeter. Then he left to go assist Qui-Gon in the struggle against the overwhelming pirates.

When he got there bodies littered the hatchway and he could see Qui-Gon ahead, two pirates had been pushed back into the wall of the hatchway with the Force.

Jeter came to his side and began picking targets and took aim. For armored pirates they were not fullfilling the imtimidating image the held. Qui-Gon was moving back now and nearly bumped into Jeter. A look of relief crossed his face, afterall he was taking on the storm of pirates alone.

The captain of The Emyn stood at the bridge of his ship and turned to his report officer.

"Sir, there appears to be some difficulty in capturing the Pioneer. Our heavy blaster rifles are being sent in", said the report officer.

"Hmm, good, tell them to-" his words were cut off as three Jedi Starfighters appeared out of nowhere and began emitting laser fire on the hull of the battleship.

"Call the fighters back out", barked the captain. The shields were not raised since they were just boarding a disabled ship now though they were needing them.

"Sir, shield generator was hit", said a bridge officer. More shots rumbled the battleship.

Saesee Tinn was leading the attack, on his sides were Plo Koon and Coleman Trebor. He motioned out his canopy to them and they follwed through in a V formation and rained laser fire on the battleship. The engines were disabled, the blue interior lighting short-circuited and the engine exploded. The second engine exploded as well.

Plo Koon flew in to the side of the battleship and was able

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Excellant action! Love your icon by the way! :D

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    The rescuers made it just in time!

13. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    Thanks for the compliment obi_ew

If anyone is confused with that scene with Qui-Gon in space just ask.

14. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Ohhh. Intruguing! Good job, _Xanatos_! Nice action you are preducing here, BTW! :D

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hooray! The calvery has arrived!

Wonderful post Xanatos!

I really wish DRL would leave me alone! :p

16. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    Thanks for the reviews!

You all are great readers!

May the force be with you!

17. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    The pirates had been down the hall trying to see what had happened. They were too busy to notice Qui-Gon go to the opposite end of the hallway and disappear around the corner.

Plo Koon had made his way into the ship and had met little resistance, the pirates seemed diverted. Running down a hallway he halted to see Qui-Gon running towards him further down. Qui-Gon had now stopped and Plo Koon decided to stop himself.

"Master Koon what requests your presence here?"

"I was coming here to get onto the ship you were on but it seems you have taken care of that problem", said Plo.

"Well not entirely, I was able to detach the ship but now I am on here, there are two people onboard still and they are not free from danger yet", said Qui-Gon.

"Then perhaps we should contact a rescue ship", suggested Plo.

"Then let's find the ship's comm room", said Qui-Gon running the direction Plo had come from.

By now the fighters had been taken out and Coleman Trebor and Saesee Tinn circled by the three ships. Two were disabled, one was a pirate ship and the other the ship had people on it, another ship was boarding the disabled ship with people on it then suddenly a flash occured.

The hall connecting the two ships was detached and the pieces floated away a person in a vac suit could be seen heading towards the pirate ship. Saesee Tinn knew it was Qui-Gon through the Force.

"Coleman, go to the other pirate ship and secure it", said Saesee.

"Roger that", said Coleman leaving Saesee's side.

For now Saesee would watch the two ships in case more pirates came.

After searching Qui-Gon and Plo Koon had found the comm room, many of the pirates had left to find a way to get back to the Pioneer. One person sat at a console and did not even notice the two Jedi come in. Plo Koon sat a console and began making calls to the Republic.

"This is Jedi Master Plo Koon requesting the Republic send a rescue vessel to the following area, I am sending the coordinates now", said Plo.

The person at the console had heard this and walked over.

"Juat what are you thinking?"

"We are sending a call for help", said Qui-Gon.

"Wait you must be the Jedi", said the guard.

"We are Jedi but we are not the Jedi you are looking for", said Qui-Gon applying the Force to the person's mind.

"You are Jedi but not the Jedi I am looking for", said the person.

"You will go to your cabin and rest", said Qui-Gon.

"I will go to my cabin and rest", said the person leaving the area.

Qui-Gon watched the person leave then turned his attention to the console.

"We have received your message Master Koon and are sending a vessel now", said a voice.

"Tell them that they will receive protection and help from a few Jedi Starfighter's", said Plo.

"Right", said the voice.

Plo Koon turned off the console with that and faced Qui-Gon.

"There is not enough room in the fighter for you", said Plo.

"I know, that is why I still have my vac suit on, let's leave", said Qui-Gon.

The two left the room and made their way through the hallways, but upon reaching the area where Plo Koon's fighter was they were met by a lot of angry pirates.

"There they are", said one.

Both Jedi had already ignited their lightsabers green and yellow. The pirates charged and soon the two blades began working as one. The two moved with the Force helping each other out. The pirates were now no longer a threat since any alive were favoring wounds so Plo Koon was the first to go to his fighter. The attachment hatch opened and he went in, the hatch closed and soon the ship detached joining the two other Jedi Starfighters. Qui-Gon was soon about to open the hatch which would in turn create a swirling violent storm of vacum in the ship. But as he did the Force alerted him and he moved out of the way of a red laser bolt.

A particulary tall figure stood at the other end of the hallway. It was wearing blaster proof armor that covered most of the body. It had a helmet with a glass visor to protect from

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    He was testing Xanatos just then, the boy seemed to have gotten impatient, that was not good for a Jedi :( He's just a little boy! * kicks Qui in the knee* Sorry! He just brings out the worst in me! Excellant action as always!

19. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    Pay attention to this trait though, it will develop.

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hmmmmm... I wonder who is behind the attack??

An impatient child? No no! :p Although I can see where that trait can grow and get worse. Can't wait to see how Xanatos and Qui-Gon deal with it. :)

21. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    Find out answers you will soon.

22. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    He was testing Xanatos just then, the boy seemed to have gotten impatient, that was not good for a Jedi :( I agree with obi-ew up there. :( He's just a kid!! Loving this so far, Xanatos!! :cool:

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    ahhh, but impatience can lead to the darkside. At least that's what my mom keeps saying. But then almost anything can lead to the darkside 8-}

24. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    Gorogan the Hutt looked at the holonet as the reporter told of how the pirate gang he had finaced had been captured by the Republic, luckily they did not know he had backed the pirates. Jedi had been involved, leave it to Ison and his men to screw it all up. Now he had wasted time and money, he was angry. The Hutt turned off the holonet and looked to the Twi' Lek standing before him.

"You told me that these were top notch men, you told me they were the best, look at this bullsh-"

"Now now, Gorogan I did not know Jedi would be involved can you truly be angry with me that Jedi just happened to be involved?" asked the Twi' Lek.

"Well I will not have this happen to me, the others Hutts hear and I'm laughing stock, I'll be the Hutt who does not know how to spend his money, the Hutt who knows nothing about the real people to get, the Hutt who cannot fight his own battles, you didn't tell anyone did you?"

"Of course not, only with your approval would I, shall I?"

"No you fool and stop using that I do not know what you mean attitude either", said the Hutt.

"As you wish, what shall I do now?" asked the Twi' Lek.

"Hmm, well the main purpose of that last plan was to have leverage against Crion, he will most likely start pointing fingers at Crea the Hutt so we'll wait and get the news of when the two meet and we'll kill them both, that way I kill two birds with one stone", said Gorogan.

"But Crea is your cousin", said the Twi' Lek.

"So I do have others", said Gorogan.

"As you wish", said the Twi' Lek.

"What of Ison?" demanded Gorogan.

"Oh he is standing trial now", replied the Twi' Lek.

"I want the transport carrying him to the prison they take him to to accidently blow up", said Gorogan.

"Indeed", said the Twi' Lek.

"Oh and retransfer the credits from Ison's account back to mine", said Gorogan.

The Twi' Lek bowed and left.

Gorogan was feeling a little better now. He had wanted to kill Crion since Crion had refused to deal with him, he had before and then he found out Gorogan was a criminal and stopped shipping supplies to the Hutt. The thing that had triggered this anger was the fact that Gorogan had paid had paid and only got less than ten percent of the supply he ordered. Crion's technology was still useful and another reason to kill the man and take over his business ginving the criminal another asset. Now he had to only to wait and watch.

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    "So I do have others", said Gorogan [face_laugh] I loved that line! Hum.Crion's got a nasty enemy there.Wonder how Qui and Xan will figure into this. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.