main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Unchosen (Qui/Obi AU) note from the author 4/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by maychorian, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Some of the sweetest mush I've ever read. Truly. [face_love]

--shan

2. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    What a wonderful post!

It seems like Obi-Wan is coming closer touching the Force again, and I think the river stone will help. :)

But Yoda better not be cooking. That could set Obi-Wan back. ;)

Great poast!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! [:D]

Ani-maniac

3. ari_stormset

ari_stormset Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    AAAAAAGH (*agonized cry of torture*) I just went through and effing marathon read this whole ficcie... and I must say, I'm highly impressed! I'd like to be on the PM list if I may, but you'll have to be patient--I can't get on the computer very often, so I'll do my best to comment when I can, and we'll not worry about the rest, neh?

:) I LOVE that you sent Yoda there. I knew you were going to--or someone else GOOD--at the end of that post! EEK! Yay!

And...wowzers...:eek: Obi's really messed up now. ouch.:( Well, talking's the first step, and it makes life's beauty all the sweeter when you've recovered. *coughexperiencetalkingcough* I love the way this fic's written--I've been having to take "mush-breaks" to huggle my dog in between posts--and hope to read it through to the end!

Thanks for writing, my friend. Puede la paz de Dios ser contigo para siempre~

ari_stormset. @};-

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Page two?! [face_shame_on_you]

I'll just up this so you can find it more easily when you update, may. [face_batting] :D

5. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Stella_Ripple Completely unexpected and just what was needed! It shows our obi is still there, under all that pain!

Exactly. :) He'll need some time . . . a lot of time . . . but he's still our lovable Obi-Wan.

BrightFeather What a lovely little chapter. I'd like another, please?

::bows:: Your wish is my command. Though perhaps not very quickly . . . [face_blush]

Kynstar Hope your finals went well!

Better than expected. I managed to pull an A or A- out of four of my classes. Hadn't been sure I would. Thanks! [:D]

-red_nite- monkey MONKEY!!!... dont ask... just be happy in the monkey

[face_laugh] Thanks! ::is happy in the monkey::

Katieelessar The riverstone was such an unexpected delight. I'm so happy that Obi-Wan finally has it.

That was one of my favorite bits. I always loved that rock in the books, and I think Obi-Wan needs something tangible to hold onto, if Qui-Gon momentarily unavailable. [:D]

kenobiwanobi

Thanks!

Kadi And Obi's horror at Yoda alone in the kitchen. LOL.

Well, it's perfectly reasonable, isn't it? ;)

Valairy_Scot I look forward to each installment with bated breath.

Uh oh! Breathe deeply! I'm sorry this one took longer than usual. :( ;)

PadawanKaterina It's the rock! hugs *basks in the glow of the One Rock*

^_^ I love that rock.

LuvEwan I love that as soon as Obi-Wan was awake, Qui-Gon was already assuring him that he loved him.

[face_love] Ah, you noticed! Yeah, I think Qui-Gon is going to be doing that a lot.

Bastet But it was so sad when Obi was saying he was afraid of his Mama, and didn't want to be.

Yeah. :( I'm pretty sure that'll be the next big issue in the story. I certainly can't leave them like that.

Jauhzmynn I can almost hear it now.

"What did you DO to my kitchen!" hheheehe.

[face_laugh] I love that scenario! I did consider a number of ideas for how this next chapter would go. Hope you lke the one I settled on!

LilQui-Gon I hope things will get better for Obi. My heart is already in pieces. cry

[:D] Things will get better. Eventually.

Star_Drifter I love how you brought the river stone in! Obi needs to have it, even in AU!

Oh, most definitely. I think it might be even more important to Obi-Wan right now. He needs something tangible to hold onto, if Qui-Gon is momentarily unavailable. Sort of like Frodo and the jewel Arwen gave him at the end of LotR.

lori71 My youngest sister accuses me of the same thing. Some people just don't appreciate a culinary masterpiece when they taste it!

[face_laugh] Well, shame on them. My own palate is pretty wide, actually, but I have my limits . . . ;)

dianethx I just loved that Obi-Wan got the rock. Hopefully, some day he's realize that it's Force sensitive. But for now, it's his father's and now it's his.

Oh, absolutely. Even as "just" a token of Qui-Gon's affection, that little rock has great power.

And how terrible for him that he's still afraid of his mama. It will be a while, I think. He's been conditioned and he'll have to break that in order to move on.

:[face_sigh]: Yeah, that's gonna be difficult. I think that might be the next "big" issue the story will deal with.

PadawanKitara That was perfect mush... I mean the happy mushy mush, not master yoda's food

:D I'm glad we can make the distinction.

Shadowolf And if Andros Martin does show back up I hope Julune gets the chance to beat him to a pulp! She almost took his head off when he showed up the first time, just think what she'd do if he came back!

Oh, there can be no doubt that Julune would be out for blood. Thanks for reading! I appreciate your perspective.

Gkilkenny Now he just has to get over the barrier of getting

6. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Chapter 43: Julune and the Jedi

Julune paused on the stoop, her hand reaching toward the door, her eyes transfixed on the wide picture window beside her as she watched the scene that unfolded on the other side. Her husband was walking toward the couch with something small cradled in his hand, and she could just see the top of her son?s bright head peeking over the couch cushion. That was unusual?Obi-Wan usually took care to make sure that no part of him was visible from the windows, one small self-protective habit among many. Something must have happened to distract the boy from his constant wariness.

Qui-Gon sat on the couch, saying something, handing the small object to their little one. She recognized the intent look on her husband?s face, the sorrow and love and tentative hope, the sweet, aching tenderness. It was a familiar expression?Qui-Gon wore it nearly all the time Obi-Wan was near. But now she saw something more there. The hope was stronger, a bit more certain, more eager.

Something had happened. Had another barrier been breached?

They had talked at length about this, in hushed murmurs under cover of soft darkness while their son slept uneasily between them. Both had seen that something more needed to be done, but neither knew what it was. Obi-Wan was not talking, and he was not healing, but they had been unsure of what to do about it. Qui-Gon must have found an answer while she was gone today.

Fierce joy surged through Julune, and she was grinning before she knew it. With light, eager steps, she backed away from the door and walked around to the back of the house. She would enter through the garden door into the kitchen and make dinner, giving her menfolk another hour to talk, to complete whatever process they had begun. It was actually Qui-Gon?s turn to make the evening meal tonight, but she didn?t mind at all.

Deft fingers found the latch on the heavy wooden gate that led into the garden, and she let herself in, delighting in the familiar, friendly squeak of the old-fashioned metal hinges. The garden was a grandeur of blooms and vegetation, and she paused for a moment to look over it, frowning lightly. Too many weeds. They really needed to take a day to maintain their garden.

After all, that was one reason they had been so eager to return to Thyferra?to be allowed to cultivate their beloved plants in peace, without the constant upset of moving. Now they would be able to give the redberry bushes the two years they needed before they could bear fruit, to plant perennials and start planning their rock garden, and to grow their own herbs for tea?so much better than anything available at the market. It was understandable that the garden had fallen by the wayside in recent days, but they shouldn?t abandon it to complete ruin. Eventually?soon, maybe?Obi-Wan would want to come outside again, feel the sunlight, talk to the breeze. They ought to have a suitable place prepared for him. The boy had so loved that tiny, stunted garden on Bandomeer.

And speaking of tea . . . Julune wondered if any mynta was still growing in the herb patch. It was a hardy plant, and tended to grow well with no attention at all. Perhaps she could gather a few leaves for a cuppa. Qui-Gon liked his tea strong and black, and Obi-Wan seemed quite fond of marjili, but Julune would always love her mynta.

She walked toward the back corner of the garden, listening to the earthy clip of her shoes on the brick path that wandered haphazardly through the riot of green. Her feet, always aching of late, seemed soothed just to be where they were. She could smell the plump red vegetables ripening on their vines beside the path, feel the sun warm on her skin, hear the rustling of the breeze in the plants . . .

Julune paused. There wasn?t much of a breeze. Why did she hear so much rustling? And that . . . that soft, irregular noise . . . was that someone?s voice? She didn?t recognize it.

The blood began to rush her in ears, her heart pounding, head whirling. Obi-Wan had been so afraid, so certain that someone was goin

7. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    RUN! Yoda's COOKING!

More soon, please.

BrightFeather

8. nd_jedi

nd_jedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2005
    Yay - another post!
    I can just see Yoda saying that - it just reminds me of the first time he meets Luke in ESB. Loved that scene:).

9. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Heehee. Good line "I'm sorry little one."
    OOOh boy, funny. I can see Jinn's brows furrowing a little and Obi Wan's "Oh no" look.

Well Yoda's fair isn't always bad, Obi IS a finiky eater.;-) Maybe this bunch of cursine is quite yummy ay? :)

I like how Julune is talking friendly with Mr. Yoda. Good show lil' green dude, reach her with what's familar. Plants. :)

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

HeHeHe! What sort of food does the little green troll
    cook
    Im guessing troll food What ever that is![face_alien_1]
    Thank goodnes Julune didn't wack Yoda
    over the head.[face_beatup]

Nice to see them happy although Obi needs
    to smile a bit:)

Maybe soon he will feel comfortable.[:D]
    Great update

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved that Julune was willing to do whatever it took to protect Obi-Wan. Loved that she and Yoda were getting on so well talking about plants and cooking together. LOL. Poor Obi-Wan. He knows what's coming with the soup.

Great job with the mush.

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL! I'm surprised she didn't think he was some garden gnome! [face_laugh]

Loved how she was all ready to clobber him! [face_laugh]

Awwww! Those two cooking and chatting! [face_love] That was great!

Poor Obi.. gonna have to eat the old Master's cooking...again! [face_laugh]

Well done once more! =D=

13. MegumiFuu

MegumiFuu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    Away put your weapon [face_laugh] I loved that part. Actually, I loved all the interaction between Yoda and Julune. I'm glad that there will be a Jedi that she can trust, for Obi-Wan's sake. Poor Obi-Wan, though. Now he's going to have to suffer through Yoda's culinary effort. I wonder if Julune will let the little green troll near her stove again afterwards.

14. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I had to laugh - I must admit my reaction was about the same as Qui-Gons "Chatting. About Plants!"

Lovely, wonderful post full of light and happiness and cheer, and even Obi-Wan doesn't seem to have the blackness and despair hanging around him that's been there for the last few posts. Very nice little interlude.

Excellently done.

Your sister doesn't live in Denver, does she? We had TWO bus accidents last week (or before, I don't remember), and we can't even blame it on the snow, since we're sitting around 60 degrees here...

Just Jill

15. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    ?For the first course, it is.?

I don't even want to know what the other courses are. [face_worried]

Thanks for the PM! :)

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] I was so sleepy, but this certainly brightened my day and woke me up! =D=

17. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Obi-Wan glanced up at him, then sighed heavily and looked at the Jedi calmly standing on their counter. ?Are you making soup, Master Yoda?? he asked respectfully.

The small Master nodded his head once in easy agreement. ?For the first course, it is.?

The boy sighed again, even more deeply and dolefully, and looked up at Qui-Gon with the largest, saddest eyes the man had ever seen.

Oh! [face_laugh] What a sweet, happy post. I loved how Julune and Yoda bonded over the plants, and talked about if Obi-Wan would change his name. How about Obi-Wan Kenobi-Graffon-Jinn? :D

The last line was especially good, and ended it so nicely. [face_love] I look forward to more.

18. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    ::reader delurk::

I was so looking forward to Julune's reaction to the Jedi. Leave it to Yoda to charm and disarm her so easily! The fact that she found him weeding her garden probably helped tremendously.

I'm enjoying this entire story immensely.

19. -red_nite-

-red_nite- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    AWWWWWWWWWW poor obi too much soup for that kid.... and yoda cooking... last i saw there were usually things that moved even after cooked.... love the chapter.. have missed the updates!!!! welcome back from the holidays... hope you had fun!!

20. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Yay![face_peace] An update.

*8-} Jumps up and down in delight,then stumbles and struggles to regain balance8-} *

Thank you :D Thank you:D Thank you!

I loved this chapter[face_love] ; great job!=D=

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    :D Great update, maychorian! [face_love]

I'm so glad that Julune is giving Yoda a chance. I loved how she caught him weeding the garden, and almost whacked him with that spade! [face_laugh] It definitely helps that they both have a love for plants. [face_love]

Poor Obi-Wan, he's acting like Yoda's cooking is the end of the world! [face_laugh] But he'd know better than the others, wouldn't he? ;)

The boy sighed again, even more deeply and dolefully, and looked up at Qui-Gon with the largest, saddest eyes the man had ever seen.

Qui-Gon had to struggle not to laugh. He swallowed the chuckles bubbling up through his chest with some difficulty, and fashioned his expression into one of sympathy and understanding. ?I?m sorry, little one.?
    [face_laugh]

Thanks for the wonderful update! Sorry I got a little desperate there, I just really love this story, I couldn't help myself. [face_blush] I know how annoying RL can be, especially when it gets in the way of fanfiction! [face_frustrated]

I'm looking forward to an update when you can! [face_batting] :D

22. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Yoda is cooking... :eek: ... [face_worried] ... :_|

It is a horror even the Sith cannot compare to. ;)

This is a wonderful update!

The scene with Yoda and Julune was great, and I really enjoyed it!

I look forward to the next part! :)

Ani-maniac

23. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Oops, missed one!

Ch 42 - Awwwww! So sweet! Love that Qui gave Obi the river stone. That way Obi'll always have a bit of Qui with him. LOL at Obi's horror that Yoda might be in the kitchen. [face_laugh] Where did he go? I'm sure its to do something to help Obi heal though. I'm glad Obi wants Julune to know, it's good for him in learning to trust his momma. [face_love]

Ch 43 - LOL! Love how Julune was all ready to take on the intruder for Obi, then to find Master Yoda. [face_laugh] It's great that Yoda made her feel better about the Jedi, or at least him, by talking and working with her in the garden. :D Oh boy, Yoda's cooking! Maybe he can cook something other than his stew, but no one knows. Otherwise the Jinns probably won't let him in the kitchens again! Loved Obi's reaction! [face_laugh]

Wonderful job! Glad to see Obi healing slowly.

24. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    oh..Yoda's cooking. I think I'd rather kiss a Wookie [face_sick]

humorous an' awsome as usual!

25. ari_stormset

ari_stormset Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    *ha ha ha ha...* Man, Yoda's cooking must really suck to inspire such woe. Another good chappie, may!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.