main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Underground's Xanatos Fanfic Challenges (updated 1/17/04 with New Challenge, and my entry)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neon Star, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    [face_laugh] Oh, oba, that was hilarious! Xan's interaction with baby Obi, and that comment near the end about cofffee was great! :D

Then I learn that Qui-Gon?s coming over. And I don?t mean for a nice chat...it?ll probably go more along the lines of him telling me to repent my ways and turn to the spiffy Light Side, and give away all my money. (Oh, fantastic idea.)

*giggles* Poor chap. This was sarcastic and funny and great! You better write more Xany stuff. [face_mischief]

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks, Liana. :D And hey, I have a whole, long story with him in Saga. Not to mention TWE. Silly girl. ;) But *huggies*! Glad you liked! :D I had fun doing it. :D

3. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    That was completely delightful, obaona. :)

I lean forward, expression as menacing as I can manage with Obi-Wan surreptitiously pulling my hair. ?I fully intend on killing you, the Jedi, and obliterate all your stinking ways and dancing in the ruins of the Jedi Temple,? I say threateningly. ?But not today. Dammit, I need my coffee.? [face_laugh] I think that was my favorite part. :p

It's interesting how these first two replies to the challenge have used a child to show Xan's softer side. I'm a bit stuck on my own story, so I might have to continue in your tradition! :)

4. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks, HHP. :D ;) And yes, that is interesting, isn't it? :p But our stories are still different! :p

Lookin' forward to seeing yours. :D :p

5. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    I just re-read my reply to your vignette, oboana, and it doesn't seem like you were offended at all but I hope that no one thinks I was implying that you had used o_e's idea ... I meant to say that I think people seem to see a baby as bringing out the vulnerability in people, their innocent side. Anyway. :p Just to be clear. :D

And I'm working on Xan getting a puppy ... a cute wiggly thing with floppy ears and wagging tail and everything. :p I can see a dark Jedi playing fetch but I just can't see him changing diapers ... :p

6. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    *laughs* That didn't even occur to me. ;) o_e's and my stories do have a common theme, but put it this way - mine is humor, and hers is drama. ;) (And good drama, at that. :p )

Xan + puppy = :eek: [face_love] At least, I think so. :p

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Great stories so far.

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Xani and a puppy :D

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I would post one but, my storys are not liked much

10. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    All righty. Here's my offering for the challenge. :D

Quite the Charmer

Temporarily off-exhibit during the JC server switch, in the event the moving van breaks or loses something. :p Check back later, hopefully with edits and changes to improve the exhibit. :D

11. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was great. The big bad dark Jedi falling for a dog. :)

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    That was too cute! :) Awwwww!!!!! And was the name a form of homage or a dig at one Jedi Master? :D

13. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, that was cute!! :p And I loved how he tried to rationalize his decision to keep the puppy. ;) I could so see him doing that! :D

14. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

He didn?t want his employees to think he?d gone soft. Where would be the fun in that?

[face_laugh] Excellent job!!

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    HHP That was hilarious. I loved that he named the dog Jinna...LOL. Great job.

16. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    Seraphena -- Thanks! :D

obi_ew: Thank you. :) And it was most definitely a dig! ;)

obaona: Thanks! :D

Xeana: Thanks! :D

dianethx: Glad you liked. Thanks! :D

Okay, the rest of you excepting oba and o_e ... where's all your submissions to this here challenge? I know there are more Xani worshipper -- er, students out there! ;)

Xanatos needs more love. [face_love] :p

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Did he just coo at the thing? He shivered. Xanatos of Telos, owner of Offworld, dreaded enemy of the Jedi, did not coo. [face_laugh]

18. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
  19. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    This is a vain attempt to resurrect Underground, and to actually do what I should have done to begin with.

obi_ew: First off, loved your description of Xanatos. How beautiful, yet how very deadly, cold, and unfeeling. Awesome, makes you hate him and love him just out of the first descripts. Also, loved your OCs, you can really understand why the poor guy did it, though it wasn't too wise. But the little boy was too cute! Gotta love him for facing off against Xani, what with how imposing Xan was being at the moment by Force chocking his father to death, he's so brave to do that to save his weaker father. And I love this line: Perhaps it was the dead eyes, or the air of thinly restrained power and violence that seemed to hum through his body. Its just such a wickedly wonderful descript of Xan. Also, loved how you snuck Obi in there by having the kid remind Xan of him. Very nice work, very well done. :)

obaona: Adorable! I loved it, soo cute, yet hilarious. I haven't laughed like that in a while. LOL! Loved Xani?s attitude all the way through, he tries to act so evil, yet he really is a softy on the inside. And poor Xan, having to be stuck with a wife he doesn?t like, teaches him not to marry for money, heh. Though he got such an adorable baby out of it, love your baby Obi! Xan is such a good father, even though he forgets his poor kid a bit. And seemingly Xan?s hair is a big attraction to our dear little boy. ;) Heh, and Qui-gon?s reaction, he?s too shocked to get a sentience in between Xan?s defensiveness, and that he hasn?t given up trying to ?save? Xani from the dark. Really loved the whole thing, so I couldn?t choose any specific line without copying the whole thing, though I cracked up completely at Xan?s parting comment to Qui. All ?n all, wonderful, wonderful post, love your humorous take on this challenge. :D

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan: Awww, too adorable! And I could completely imagine Xan falling for a pup, since I work with them all the time. Your pup is rather a char, I must say, and as Xan said, quite a charmer. Soo cute! And Xan, loved Xan, and Xan?s attitude all the way through this. He?s so cleaver, yet so ruthless. Loved how he tried to justify keeping the puppy by using her for a business deal, we all know why he?s really keeping her though, heh. ;) And naming her Jinna, I don?t know whether to be offended as a Qui fan or not. ;) Though that fits right into his character here. His character is so elaborate in places, with his switching from cold and semi scary to actually warm and semi cuddly, changing just because of such a cute little creature. Excellent transaction, excellent writing all together! :)

Wonderful works, you three, perfect for the challenge, I envy you all for your excellent talents! :)

New Challenge! Write a short scene of Xanatos with a child, trying to act fatherly/big brotherly, the kid can either be his own or another's, or our favorite Padawan if you prefer. ;)

This if for the new challenge, though I may eventually post the one for the old one as soon as I finish it. This is just an excerpt from the Prince of Telos series I?m working on, (yeah, shameless plug. ;) ), couldn?t possibly be as good as the previous posts, but I tried. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    The night air is chill, way too chill to be wondering about the house in just sleeping pants, but I have to, my son is crying for me, and my wife is too sick to tend to him. It still makes me wonder, I have a son, a son, a gift from the Force itself, despite all the damage and death I?ve caused, I still have this precious, tiny bundle that I can call my own. It truly is a wonder?

Sith, it?s freezing. I shouldn?t have put his room so far away from my own. What was I thinking when I had his room put in the west wing of the Force forsaken palace when my own are in the hall beside it. Probably thought he wouldn?t cry at night, or Mar would be able to tend him. Well, Mar is sick, terribly so, and its me that?s walking these halls. I?m getting the floor carpeted; stone floors are just

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    That was very touching. :) Sad but with just a small sliver of hope. I'll have to see if I can stir my Xan muse from his siesta. ;)

21. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003

Woah! How sweet. :) That was awsome. I can't wait to read your series.

22. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003

Where'd everybody go?

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    We need a new challenge. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.