main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The (Underrated) Separatists

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I thought we needed a thread discussing the Separatists' roles in the next TV show, so I uh... made one.

In my own humble opinion, I believe that the Separatists, in all their undermined glory, should return in the upcoming Clone Wars TV show with a greater role than we've seen them have yet. It would be a new step for the EU, and the Star Wars universe in general, if Lucas were to portray them as MAJOR CHARACTERS in some of the episodes. And by Separatists, I am referring to the whole lot of them, be they Dooku, Grievous, Asajj, Gunray, San Hill, etc. I'm not saying that they should necessarily be protrayed as heroes, only that we finally see them doing more than simply plotting evil schemes that fall apart in the end.

Granted, the Jedi and Clones are both awesome, and no doubt the TV show will again be centered around them (as it should). But it's getting a tad bit tedious to see the "good guys" win all the time. This was a problem with a lot of the early stories about the Rebels vs the Imperials, and eventually some authors began to write a slew of stories based solely from the Imperial perspective, which created a whole new genre of fans.

I don't think the Separatists have that many sympathetic supporters right now, because nobody knows anything about them. I believe some of the Seps, particularly the leaders, have character -- something a lot of the clones, and even a couple of the Jedi, lack. It might be interesting to know a bit more about them, and maybe even learn to understand where they're coming from.

In all, I made this thread for people who think that the Separatists are underrated in the Star Wars Universe, and should get their chance in the spot light in the next TV show.

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I believe they will in the next show

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Actualy there are some secenes in the comics that make the Sepetrists feel like the good guys. Take Jabiim for instance. Okay, Alto Strauss excocute prisoners wich is evil, but his speechs get to me. Plus I liked the Jabiimites: The beet walkers clones and jedi with nothing more than inguenity and determination.

Even epsiode 3 said "there are hereos on both sides". I hope we see more of that.

4. RonanDarklighter

RonanDarklighter Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2005
    I agree. I'd loved to see the seperatists developed further.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    They're ok people, the separatists.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Seperatists fleshed out more with more storylines featuring them however I feel this may be unlikely. Anakin wiped out the Seperatist leadership in ROTS so if they would appear in the TV series, they would be disorganized and more like a small rebellion.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003

This thread is about their role in the new Clone Wars TV show (the CGI one, not the live-action Empire-based one). All the ol' Seps would still be alive then.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Based upon that I apparently misinterpreted your thread. Anyway I think they had a decent role in the Clone Wars.

9. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Greater than decent.

10. Count-Tyranus

Count-Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    More should be done with Seps.

The Republic is made out to be too sympathetic. After all, the Republic is a crumbling edifice where greed reigns and democracy is dead.

Why not give the Seps a chance?

11. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Very true, Count-Tyranus. After all, the Republic was responsible for the Empire.

And what of this "heroes on both sides" comment made at the beggining of ROTS? No one has yet bothered to deal with that in the EU.

12. Warsie

Warsie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2005
    "No one has yet bothered to deal with that in the EU"

Alto Stratus and Jabiim, the Sluis Sector, the various other CIS admirals, and Rendili Star Drive.

Anyway, that would be a good idea. the CIS isn't evil. Considering this ia a Civil War, both sides likely slagged planets, conducted terrorism (See "Republic Terrorism" in the Clone Wars star wars wikicities page)

13. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    The Seps are awesome and I would like to see them have a role in the CW show. I agree with the poster about the, "Heros on both sides, " Line. Lets see those heros. I would like to see the Sep leaders planning attacks and what not that would be great.

Also all these Sep fans in here go to the SWC Sepratist fan club which I have been trying desperatly to resurect. We can discuss this in there as well.

14. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    What makes a hero though? Someone who fights with honour for their cause? Someone ideolized by his people? Somebody who completes a mission perfectly. If those are so, we've seen these heros in EU.

15. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    EDIT- Don't do that again.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Dude, don't spam in my thread. I know you've got an issue with the Seps but if you want to take out your frustration somewhere, do it in one of your own threads.

I've certainly seen my share of them on the Republic/Jedi's sides, but there aren't enough Separatist heroes out there. Granted, Alto Stratus was a hero to his own people, but they still depicted him like some crazed villain to the readers for the most part.

As for any Separatists "completing a mission perfectly," I've yet to see that happen. They always seem to screw something up in the end, even though they apparently had won almost as many battles as the Republic did during the war.

17. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    The Separatists would put up a darn good fight if they were ever in one.

18. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Thank Quest.

Interesting thread guys. I'd like to see the seps win a fight, maybe if we got a novel told through the seps and it would really make us acknowledge that they weren't the baddies.

19. Count-Tyranus

Count-Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    The focus shouldn't be on the more groveling of the CIS leaders.

I do honestly believe that there are some CIS council members who aren't just in it for the credits.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003

Something like the "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" kinda deal, maybe? I'm surprised they haven't come out with one of those in a while. From what we do know about some of the Separatists, they seem to have some interesting histories.

I used to think there were, but now I'm not so sure... maybe Poggle, because he's a bug and doesn't seem to care much about money, just his job.

Oops I'm sorry... I didn't mean to sound like that... I'm not prejudice. I suppose giant bugs have feelings too.

21. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    We need to see more of Passel Argente.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    General Grievous is a hero.. a misguided, apprehensive hero.. but a hero nontheless.

Honestly, GG has some pretty darn good reasons for hating the Republic and the Jedi. I'd say he's a hero then again, I'm terribly biased.

23. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I hope we see Grievous getting pissed at Nute like he did in Labyrinth of Evil in the show.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Bah. I hate Passel Argente. He's green and mean and probably eats his meat lean.

Uh...............

Anyway, I wonder how Passel would talk... if he could. He seemed to succeed in making a sound in ROTS. I asked this to someone once and they came up with the bright idea that he might talk like Professor Snape from Harry Potter. Ever since then I can't watch a Harry Potter movie the same way.

We're all biased. Maybe some of his history will be shown... :D

:mad:

That was just... evil. Just like Labyrinth of Evil. Totally prejudiced against Neimoidians. And like the last TV show.. couldn't even bother to draw him right.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I have no intention of letting this thread die.

The Separatists will get their chances to shine in the next series, mark my words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.