main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Unexpected Path (AU) - Contains Ani, Mace, Obi, others: Updated 9/1/08 & it's about time!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sionnach-Airgid, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    Okay, my first attempt at an AU!

Here's the stats:

Title: The Unexpected Path
    Author: Sionnach-Airgid
    Timeframe: AU right at the end of TPM to RotS
    Characters: Ani, Mace, Obi, Yoda, others
    Summary: Suppose Mace Windu, as the one known Jedi to have defeated the temptation of the Darkside was forced to take Anakin on as a padawan? How would Obi-Wan feel about being denied the chance to fulfill his promise to Qui-Gon? Releived because he knows he's not ready or like a failure for not finishing Qui-Gon's last order? And will it effect how Anakin turns out in the end?
    Spoilers: I guess for AotC and RotS, maybe.o_O
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars :_| But if GL ever decides to give up Obi-Wan he can send him my way!:p

Um . . . did I miss anything? :confused:

[u][b]The Unexpected Path[/b][/u]
    [i][b]Prologue[/b][/i]

?Your request to train the boy denied it is.?

Confused eyes the color of the changing seas of Naboo stared at the council member in disbelief. ?What? But I promised, Master Jinn that I would see Anakin through his training!?

?Unfair your master was to ask this of you,? Yoda replied, placing one clawed hand on the young man?s shoulder. ?Difficult enough to adjust to knighthood so suddenly, young Obi-Wan. The burden of a padawan learner unnecessary it is. To another the boy?s training will go.?

The newly minted knight closed his eyes in relief. He was not a total failure then. Anakin would still be trained as Qui-Gon had requested, just not by him. ?May I ask who will train him??

?To Master Windu the boy will go.?

The master in question nearly choked on the beverage he had just swallowed. ?[i]Excuse[/i] me??

?Much fear the boy has,? Yoda continued, unfazed by the dark master?s reaction. ?Dangerous not to train him, but a strict master, he needs. One who understands the temptation of the Darkside and has mastered it. Yes.?

?Now just a minute, Yoda,? Mace protested. ?I haven?t had a padawan in years!?

Yoda offered him a smirk. ?Good for you this will be. Keep you from becoming glued to your chair.?

Realizing that the little green master was not about to back down, Mace reluctantly acquiesced to his request. ?Very well, I shall take the boy as my padawan learner, but I [i]doubt[/i] he?ll be pleased.

[i](to be continued)[/i]

[hr]
    [color=indigo]Short, I know, but I wanted to get the idea out to see if anyone was interested?

[i]*Dives for cover behind blaster doors*[/i]

[u][b]Current PM List:[/b][/u]
    Courtney_Solo
    KELIA
    Dahlia_Santary
    princess_of_naboo
    Iaranon
    Peagis
    TorontoJediMaster
    Darth_Drachonus
    KelliLB
    EGKenobi
    Valairy_Scot
    Mirma_Tivos
    Gkikenny
    dralksakrak
    Sometimes_normal
    ClaudiaR
    darth_eowyn
    StarEyed
    Ganki

If I have missed anyone, or you would like to be removed from the list, please let me know. Thank you for reading and enjoy the next post![face_cool] [/color]

2. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm interested to see where this goes. :) I agree with Mace, Anakin may not be too thrilled at the prospect of a Council member training him. I think he'll quickly realize that he won't be able to get away with much. ;)

3. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I'm liking this!!! :D More soon!?

C @};- S

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ooh, mace and anakin, this would be wicked cool!

5. Sionnach-Airgid

Jul 20, 2005
    bek:Thank you! Yes, Ani's in for quite a bit of different training than he thought he'd get. Especially with Mace as a Master![face_devil]

Courtney_Solo:I'm so glad you like it, Master! I'll try to have chapter one up before Sunday![face_peace]

DarthIshtar:I'm glad you think so! It's a bunny that bit me this morning and I have to give it a shot!:D

So, I'll do my best to get the next post up before the weekend ends. I've got a lot of ideas for the middle, so I just need to find the right one to start with! More soon![face_peace]

6. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    This is interesting so far.

I think Mace would be a good master for Anakin, at least when it comes to dealing with the Dark Side.

I suspect they'll have a rough time at first, but will eventually grow into a good relationship. At the very least, maybe Anakin can learn some smoother lines for Padme than he would have with Obi-Wan.

I wonder what type of combination the two will make together. I can see them on a mission now:

Someone refuses to yield valuable information, and subtle negotiations are getting nowhere. Mace then shows Anakin how to do it. He walks up to the guy, pulls his lightsaber and pistol whips him with it. He screams "DO YOU WANT TO SEE ME AGAIN, *#@^@!&%$*@!*, HUH?!?!?!" [face_beatup]

(You have to have seen Samuel L. Jackson in Shaft to get that) :D

Looking forward to the next post.

7. Asaj_Ventress

Asaj_Ventress Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2005
    Inappropriate. Please refrain from making such comments.

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intriguing.

I'm very interested to see how Anakin will turn out with Mace as his Master.

I'd be willing to bet Mace doesn't let him get away with half as much as Obi-Wan would.

If you're doing PM's for this, I'd love to be on the list. [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D==D=

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    This is a good start, Sionnach-Airgid. I enjoyed Mace's reaction to Yoda's edict.

?To Master Windu the boy will go.?

The master in question nearly choked on the beverage he had just swallowed. ?Excuse me??

10. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    interesting beginning, looking forward to the next post

11. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

12. Davedrag

Davedrag Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2006
    I love it write more soon it's goood[face_peace]

13. Sionnach-Airgid

Jul 20, 2005
    Hello there!

TorontoJediMaster:Thanks!:) That's the plan! [face_peace] I figured, since Mace uses Vaapad to control the Darkside, maybe he could help Ani with that. The comment about pickup lines for Padme:[face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh] And Mace's solution to a failed attempt at retreiving info:[face_laugh] I do get it! I just might have to work something like that in![face_laugh]Next post below! And thank you for the up!:)

KELIA:I'm glad you think so! I'm interested to see how Ani turns out also. I'm not even sure yet. I can see it going three different ways. But I'm not telling which![face_not_talking] I don't think Mace will let him get away with anything, unless Ani manages to keep him from finding out. I shall definately put you on the PM list! Chapter One below.

brodiew:I'm glad you like it! That was my favorite part too!:D

pat_skywalker39:I'm glad you're enjoying it! :) More below!

Davedrag:Thank you! :) More following now!

Thank you for your patience in waiting for this next post! I did my best to make it a little longer in order to compensate for it being late! I hope you enjoy it![face_praying] [face_batting]

[i][b]Chapter One[/b][/i]

Flames leapt high in the enclosed courtyard, their brightness intensified by the moonless night even as they cast eerie shadows upon the small group of Jedi that had come to bid a temporary farewell to Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn. Most had their hoods up, concealing their faces, whether it was merely ritual or an effort to mask any emotion that might cross their faces had long since been lost in tradition.

Beside Obi-Wan Kenobi stood nine-year-old Anakin Skywalker who had remained remarkably still for the past hour. However as the mostly silent ritual progressed his mind wandered more and more to what the future held. For the third time in the span of five minutes he tugged at Obi-Wan?s sleeve, this time voicing his question aloud.

[i]Maybe Obi-Wan?s going to take me as a padawan, like he said Master Qui-Gon Sir wanted,[/i] Anakin thought. [i]It could be fun since he?s a lot younger than all the other Jedi around here. Then again, I don?t think I?ve seen him laugh once since I met him. But at least I know who he is and we?ve been through some experiences together. Maybe it would work out.[/i] He realized that he had yet to receive an answer.

?What?s going to happen to me?? Anakin asked again, his voice at a tone that could just barely pass for a whisper.

To his credit, the young knight showed no sign of the irritation he felt at the interruption of the solemn ceremony occurring in front of them. He was able to do so by reminding himself that Anakin was still a child and probably didn?t fully understand what was happening. All the boy knew was that someone who had saved him from the claws of slavery and offered him a chance at achieving his dreams now lay before them slowly being reduced to ashes. It was no wonder Anakin was concerned.

With that in mind, Obi-Wan turned slightly and lowered his head to whisper, [i]?The Council has decided that Master Windu will train you.?[/i]

Shocked back into silence, Anakin remained firmly rooted to the ground he stood upon, his mind unable to fully grasp what the new knight beside him had said. He didn?t [i]want[/i] Master Windu to train him. The boy from Tattooine raised his eyes to stare at the dark-skinned councilmember standing across the circle beside Master Yoda. He dropped his gaze quickly when the stern dark eyes of the Jedi Master met his. Anakin shuddered slightly with apprehension. He could not even begin to imagine what life would be like as Master Windu?s padawan and he wasn?t sure he really wanted to find out. So as soon as all those present were distracted by the next part of the ceremony which involved

14. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Glad to see an update.

Poor Obi-Wan, having to look for Anakin AND getting lectured at the same time.

I can understand Anakin's worries. Mace can be intimidating. However, I think once they warm up to each other, they'll get along fine. I wonder if Anakin will learn Vaapad straight off? As they're worried about his potential for the Dark Side, it might be an option. Plus, I think Mace will be astounded at Anakin's sheer potential with the Force.

I can see another Anakin/Mace moment (inspired by The Incredibles):
    <Mace is telling Anakin of some of his past experiences>

Mace: So, I am in some deep trouble. Darth Jerec has me in his sights. One more shot with that death ray of his, and I am joining the Force. I mean, I would be an epitath on the Temple wall. But, instead of finishing me off, what does he start doing?

Anakin: He starts monologuing?

Mace: HE STARTS MONOLOGUING! He goes into this big, prepared speech about how he's the baddest dude in the galaxy, and how he's destined to rule it!

I am glad that Obi-Wan can at least be there for Anakin as a friend. I think that is an important thing for him. He has no real friends at the Temple, as he didn't grow up there. And, Mace might be a little scary at the start. Having Obi-Wan to talk to will be a good thing for Anakin.

15. Davedrag

Davedrag Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2006
    I like it so far poor ani having such a sourfaced @#$@$%^% for a master i hope mace is a better person then he was in the movies.:_|

16. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Wow. Its very good so far.

17. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Just found this, and must say: What a cool idea!!

Windu trains Ani? Oy, that'll bring about some good changes. I'm guessing Mace is gonna be a Master like one of thoes old fashion Physics teacher that blab on and on and on, but you don't dare interrupt their blabing and ask them not to use so many big words, right?

:)

I feel for poor Obi, not being able to keep his promise to Qui-Gon. [face_worried] Poor guy.

One request: PM me with updates? Pleez?

18. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I think that if Obi-Wan can just be there for Anakin, as a sort of big brother, he'll be helping keep his word to Qui-Gon. As for Mace, one suspects that he has a lot more heart than he lets on. After all, is he was a bad master or incapable, he wouldn't be on the Council like he is. Don't forget that Obi-Wan was rather cold and detached when he first became Anakin's master. Over time though, he learned to loosen up.

I wonder what Anakin will think of Mace's quarters. I somehow think everything about Mace's quarters will just scream COOL. His first rule though, Anakin cannot ask about the shelf full of hair growth products that Mace keeps above the fresher sink. :D Anakin is perplexed at the cream that guarantees one will "look like a wookie in a matter of weeks". Mace then strikes a deal. Whenever they fly anywhere, Anakin can do the piloting...so long as he never looks in that cabinet again or EVER mentions it to ANYONE. [face_shhh]

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh, I'm really starting to feel sorry for Anakin.

Hopefully training with Mace won't be as bad as he is afraid it will be.

And maybe he can soften Mace up a bit

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] I think that Mace is a warmer person in private than he likes to let on.

BTW, you ever see Samuel L. Jackson in The Negotiator? I can see him training Anakin the art of negotiating (non-agressive negotiations).

Mace: <Mace bulges his eyes about two inches out of their sockets> NO?!?! YOU NEVER SAY NO!!!! 'No' is a negative answer! 'No' doesn't give you anywhere to work!! You NEVER tell someone 'no' when they ask you a question!! You have to keep the person talking, no matter what they ask you!! You say 'I'll work on that'. Ok, what if Gardula the Hutt asks you to put on a dress, dance around and imitate Yoda's voice, you say.......?

Anakin: Ummm. I'm working on it?

Mace: VERY good, padawan.=D=
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

21. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Awesome job!!! Dang it, I'm knighting you TONIGHT!!! :p

... yeah, I'm serious. :)

Loved the update, keep the PMs comin'!

C @};- S

22. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this on up from Page 10.

23. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this from about Page 7.

24. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
  25. Sionnach-Airgid

Jul 20, 2005
    Hi, everyone! Just dropping by quickly to let you know that I've been battling DRL for the past two weeks. Talk about relentless! :mad: Anyway, I think I've beaten it down enough that I should have a new post up as well as author replies by midweek. :) Mace and Ani are giving me the silent treatment:( , so I'm going to have to make them talk so that I can get the next post up soon, but I also want to make sure it's worth everyone's time to read!:)

In the meantime, thanks for the ups!:D

Also, just as a note, I'm not a linier (sp?) writer. I generally skip around to different parts of the story, so sometimes it'll be a little while between posts so that I can keep the story in order! I can promise at least one post a month for certain. That's a certified garuntee![face_peace]

Please be patient with me and I'll try to write as quickly as possible!:D

*Hurries back to writing wielding special lightsaber pen to keep DRL at bay*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.