main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unforgiven Too -- Qui-Obi AU -- shipwrecks and darkness hidden in the light (Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 17 - Conclusion.

~~~

?Hurry, Caraanne. This ship. Get them loaded and take off as quickly as you can. I have already set the coordinates. May the Force be with you my Friend.? The tired ginger haired Jedi carried two small children in his arms, a larger one clinging to his back. The other knights were similarly burdened.

She handed in children and supplies as the older Padawans and Knights loaded ship, then left, having their own escapes to see to. The ship was small; no room for adults. Just the children the Jedi Healer would try to save.

?Obi-Wan? What are you going to do??

?I have another path, love,? he said, cupping one cheek with a calloused hand. ?I know what I need to do. But this is your path and I do not walk it with you.?

A small blur flung herself down the ramp, slamming into him and clinging with arms and legs. ?Father, why won?t the Force let you come with us?? Caleobia raised huge luminous eyes to meet his weary gaze.

?Hush Padawan. You are a Jedi apprentice, but you must also be a daughter to your mother. You know I have responsibilities here. I will join the Rebellion forces again as soon as you leave. They can not afford to lose another General after Antilles was killed. His son is but a small child now, too young to lead.? Obi-Wan allowed himself to stroke her hair out of her beloved face one last time.

?Yes Father. I love you.? A small face turned up for the kiss that was quickly pressed to her forehead. Caleobia had been raised a Jedi. She knew her duty and her father?s. She pushed her fear and pain into the Force and was rewarded a smile of approval.

?And I love you, little one. Now hurry. There is not much time. Make sure that the children are secured, then fasten yourself in well. It will be a rough flight. The bombardment is starting.? He pushed her up the ramp, sparing the time for one last sweet kiss with his friend, then turned away, striding off quickly, his brown robe flaring.

They never saw him again.

~~~

?Too old he is,? the small green being snapped irascibly, pounding his walking stick on the floor of the Council room.

Qui-Gon straightened his shoulders, but Obi-Wan could feel the soothing waves of calm determination coming through the Force over their bond. His Master seemed to think that this was a trial of endurance with no question about the results. Judging by the weary look on several of the Councilors faces, they thought so as well. Only three were actively involved in the discussion, Yoda, Mace Windu, and Yareal Poof. The dark skinned human had a wicked gleam in his eyes, and if Obi-Wan did not know that Councilors did not do things like that, he would have sworn that the man was deliberately egging Master Jinn on to new heights of stubbornness. Obi-Wan shifted slightly where he knelt, moving his knee off of a seam in the floor. He felt the dark man?s eyes on him and stared back steadily. He flushed faintly as his stomach growled slightly. Were they going to keep them there talking through all the meals?

One of the other Councilors leaned forward, her eyes on the human, and spoke, ?Mace, it has been three hours now. Surely, you have heard all of the arguments that you desire? There are other appointments and decisions waiting for our time. You are not going to win this one before the boy starves to death.?

The man she spoke to frowned, but sat back in his chair. ?Very well. I have no objections to you taking the boy as your Padawan,? he said abruptly reversing his opposition. Qui-Gon smiled smugly.

One of the other Councilors narrowed her eyes at them. She shook her head, settling her headdress over her shoulders. ?If I find out that the past three hours have been just a game between you and Jinn, Windu, you?ll be supervising initiate beginning saber lessons for the rest of the cycle.? She turned and glared at the carefully not smirking Jedi Master before them. ?And you will be teaching initial Force skills.? The smirk disappeared from Qui-Gon?s mind.

2. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *thud*

Wow!

What an amazing journey you have taken us on, Froggy. It was excellent!

Thank you!!!

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wonderful ending to a truly original story.Good job! :)

4. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    I'm speechless.

That was one of the most incredible endings I have ever read. Thank you for such an amazing story.

5. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    What is there to say? Beautifully done, froggy - simply beautiful.

Long-stemmed roses, Godiva chocolates, and Dom Perignon to the author. Now come one, admit it - you don't really prefer dried flies, do you?

CYN

6. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Wow...

That was good... actually there are no words to describe how good that was.

*will come back later with rational comments*

_PSK_

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was lovely. The ending was quite superb - full of love and angst and the tying up of all those endings into one terrific package.

Good job!!!

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    A lovely ending to a truly inspired story. You tied it all up beautifully. :)

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ok- my wireless DSL is really making me mad! I don';t know if it posted my othe message :(

10. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Phoenix - glad you enjoyed it

OE - thanks

handzik - you're welcome

Cyn - hmmmm, think i'll take the chocolates instead. grins...

Padme Solo - rational? what's that?

dianethx - thanks for hanging in there the whole time

Sheila - thank you

PK - nope, no other message. sorry. but glad to see you.

really appreciate all the notes from everyone!

11. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    What a wonderful ending! Very bittersweet; happy but sad too. Great job Froggy!

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    thank you, Thalia

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I can see that the other postie vanished. So I guess I'll have to remember all the wonderful words of praise I had for you. I especially liked the way you showed that Anakin's turn to the darkside was in no way Obi-Wan's fault; that it would have happened regardless.

14. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    PK - I don't really think it is any one's 'fault', but rather a necessity to have a redeemable villian in the second series. Which in this instance I chose to use. But I am very glad you liked it!

Thanks for all the notes, everyone. They really make my day a little brighter.

15. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    I really appreciate all of the replies! Glad everyone enjoyed the story.

16. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Beautiful.....

*goes off to cry at the sweet/sad ending*

17. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Great job froggy...
    Sorry it took so long for me to read...but I loved the way you ended it and look forward to reading more of your work

Keep up the good work

PT

18. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Awww, didn't mean to make you cry, Jaid. Glad you liked it.

Hey PT, thanks!

thank you to everyone who read and replied to this story!

19. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I agree with you... forget rational... that was just very, very good. :p

Upness...

_PSK_

20. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    PSK - thanks! glad you enjoyed the story!

21. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who was reading this. I really enjoyed all the replies I got. You made my first story posting here quite fun.

22. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Just a reminder. Fanfic awards are open from 19-26 June. Please go nominate your favorite authors. There are a lot of categories to choose from and all four boards are eligible.

Fanfic Awards

23. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Obi-Ew created a challenge thread for authors to post their vignettes from her Obi-Wan workshop thread. There are currently about five or six stories up on it, including mine. Go check it out.

Obi-Wan stories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.