main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unforgiven Too -- Qui-Obi AU -- shipwrecks and darkness hidden in the light (Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Your feelings do you credit.

HA!

You make me laugh Froggy! And I am quite proud of my soothsayer abilities. Thanks for making me look good... :p

Shaindl

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    The Unforgiven Too - 3:

~~~

"Discipline. Strength and discipline. You are weak. You will learn to be strong. The pitiful noises you make only belabour the obvious to all who see you. Disgusting. There is no forgiveness for such as you.

"Look at me, boy. Be silent. I do not want to hear a sound from you. Not a sound. If I do, you will regret it more than you think possible."

The only thing the boy regretted was saying "Yes Master," when asked to be an Apprentice. Stormy gray eyes glared silent defiance, defiance that only brought more punishment, punishment that only brought more stubborn defiance. But the stubbornness that earned him pain and anguish kept him alive. He could feel the shades of those who were not so stubborn, those who were no longer alive, but still remained here, in this room, in the unforgiving memories of the stone. He did not want to join them. Not yet.

The lash rose and fell. The only sound in the cold stone room the hissing of its passage through the air, the faint rattle of chains, and the increasingly labored breathing of the two occupants.

'Someday, I'll be free of him. Someday. Somehow.'

~~~

Ushered off unceremoniously, Caraanne found herself in a hot tub of fragrant foamy water before she was quite sure where she was even going. She found she understood more and more as they spoke to her, over her, around her, and about her. After so many hours of listening to the rangers talk, she was beginning to gain a better grasp of their accents.

"Oh my, such a beautiful color, and so short. Why under the moon would anyone do that?" The older girl clucked in dismay over Caraanne's hair. "I'm Shari, child, and what is your name again?"

Caraanne opened her mouth to answer and found herself with a mouthful of bubbles. Shari was vigorously shampooing the hair that so distressed her as if scrubbing could make it grow.

"Sorry little one. Just a moment and we'll get you rinsed off." A sudden deluge of warm water soaked her, rinsing the fragrant shampoo out with an ease that Caraanne wished the showers in the exercise salles would copy.

Shari pulled her to her feet and wrapped her in a soft towel almost as big as she was. A brisk scrubbing left her flushing a faint lavender that deepened towards purple as Shari, with the ease that spoke of long practice in caring for others, rubbed a light lotion all over her that left her skin soft and smelling just faintly of some sort of flower.

Shari wrapped her in a silky robe and then ushered her off to the other room, tucking her into a warm bed filled with piles of pillows and softly puffed comforters. To her utter confusion, both Shari and Aedan kissed her gently on the forehead and cheek, murmuring soft words of comfort, then tucked her in and left.

She could hear them chatting lightly to someone else in the other room, but decided to go along with their obvious desire for her to take a nap. She reached out along her training bond to her Master and felt him enjoying a hot bath also, although se got the sense of aloneness rather than the assistance she had endured politely. As she drifted off, she could feel the warm comfort of the Force swirling around her, coming from the people in the other room. She wondered briefly what was going on, but her mind was too relaxed to think clearly about it now. Clean, warm, and comfortable for the first time since the crash, she quickly fell asleep.

Shadows met, their darkness unseen in the bright sunlight. A small table, covered with white lace and delicate glass. Smiling faces, casual words covering a silent conversation unheard by the others in the flowered grotto café.

'Strangers. From off planet.'

'Yes. The Anomaly was breached. However, the Rangers who found them are ignorant.'

'Summon them. We need to determine if they are a threat.'

'And if they are?'

'The Brotherhood will take care of it.'

"So very good to see you again. We must not let time pass so without meeting again."

"I'll be Home next

3. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Ooh...that was a good post.

We've moved past the senses tingling to them outright screaming now.

Great post, Frogger. You've got a knack for writing the foreboding post. Don't leave us too long. Want. More. Soon.

Please. :D

Shaindl

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Things are certainly becoming interesting!

5. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Now I really want more!

Hope you update soon. :)

6. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Shaindl - screaming? yep, we can do screaming.

obi-ew - thanks!

Jedi_Suzuran - more coming soon!

thanks for the replies!

7. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *very worried that the apprentice in the begining is the beloved Obi*

Ahhh!!! Your leaving us here? I'm entrapped by this fic, hook line and sinker!

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That was very well-written, Paddy. :) Loved the description of Caraanne's bath. And that last conversation was brilliantly punctuated with the shadows and light.

But I have a feeling that the boy being abused is Obi-Wan. :(

Great job! :D

9. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    JKH - Obi? Abuse Obi? Now why would anyone want to do that around here?

Cascadia - Thank you. Yes, there are contrasts in this quiet little world aren't there. And yet another person who thinks that Obi is being abused. Is Obi abuse so rampant in the boards?

lol.

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    to misquote a little frog at a different thread- oh what a tangled web we weave

11. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    PK! misquoting froggies? goodness!

fuzzy caterpillars? Was I supposed to use the fuzzy ones? they always stick to your tongue so badly, I used the pretty green ones. And the candied inchworms went over very well last year.

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Next post should be up tomorrow.

13. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    You are setting things up so well. The opening scenes of a tortured spirit (I believe it is Obi-Wan as well) are in direct contrast to the serene welcome the Jedi have received. I simply cannot wait to see where you go from here. :)

14. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Sheila - Torture Obi? Now why would anyone do that?

The Unforgiven Too - 4:

~~~

Fingers slipping and tearing on the rough stone. Bare toes gripping the cracks in the rock. The rare ivy providing the barest support. Freezing at the whisper of sound in the room he clung beside. Endless hours until he reached a faint ledge and could rest for an all too brief moment, stretching cramped fingers and quivering muscles. Looking up, seeing the moon through the crack in rock he climbed.

The moon. For the first time since the damnation of his Apprenticeship he could see the moon. He choked back the sobs of relief. Now was not the time. Listen. Listen carefully.

'Freedom,' she whispered. 'Follow my light to the sky little bird. Escape. You are so close.'

Pushing himself, straining, moving one hand at a time, one foot, never moving one before the other three were stable. No mistakes. Concentrate on the moonlight and what awaits you there beneath the silvery sky.

As he pulled himself out of the crack in the rock, finally at the top, finally free, he found what awaited him -- his Master.

So close. So close.

'Escape little bird, escape,' the moon whispered as he was hidden from her again. 'In this life or the next.'

Later, alone in the dark with pain his ever present companion, his only companion, he cried.

Alone.

~~~

As she woke, Caraanne became aware of warmth beside her, but there was no sense of threat, just calmness. She rolled over and saw Shari sitting on the bed, cushioned by a pile of pillows, delicately stitching at some embroidery. As she moved, the girl set down the stitching and reached out a hand to brush her face gently.

'Hello, little one. How are you feeling now?'

Caraanne felt the words touch her through the Force even as the girl spoke out loud. She looked up, startled that she understood so clearly. Telepathy was very rare, even among the Force sensitive. Caraanne's and Tiel's ability to communicate over their bond was a rare and treasured ability that had saved their lives occasionally, and their missions frequently.

?Much better, thank you.?

Shari smiled. 'We were worried about you. You slept all afternoon, and then through the night as well. You must have been exhausted. We were afraid that you might get sick, but you seem well enough now. You must be hungry though.'

As Shari spoke and touched her with the Force, Caraanne felt her understanding of the lilting words bloom in her mind. Suddenly she 'knew' how the words should sound with the musical accent that Shari and Aedan shared. She sat up and stretched, feeling rested and definitely rather hungry.

"Yes, I am," she admitted with a slight smile at the friendly girl.

Shari gently assisted her to rise and wrapped her in a soft silken robe over the one she had slept in, dressing the smaller girl as if she were a very young child. Caraanne could feel the older girl's compassion and desire to help through the continuous light Force touch that the other maintained. She led Caraanne out to the large sitting room where several other people waited.

"Caraanne, you remember Master Aedan from yesterday?" At her nod, Shari continued, "This is Arissa. She is the Companion to Lord Keshena's eldest daughter, Lady Kelana, and Montall, Companion to her husband, Lord Neahren. Aedan's Apprentice, Kale, will be back shortly."

"We are very glad to meet you, Caraanne. I heard from Aedan that you had a rather disrupted trip?" Arissa had the same light musical accent as the other Companions. Caraanne thought they would have beautiful singing voices.

"We must be away now, Aedan. Our Patrons have a meeting with the Ranalian Factor in Bohanis today," Montall spoke as he wrapped a shawl around Arissa's shoulders with the same care that Shari had shown Caraanne. The two Companions exchanged brief hugs with the others, and to her surprise, with the young Jedi, then swept out of the room in a swirl of silk.

Caraanne curled up comforta

15. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Wow!!! I hope the aprentice in the begining is not Kale, or Obi...but I donna know...

You did a wonderful job, bringing out the care of the women with out making them seem overbearing.

The story just sorta flowed together effortlessly. Do I have to wait for more?

16. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    JKH - um, that would be YES - You have to wait!! (evil cackle) Obi-ew and Suzuran are lurking in the background encouraging me to torment my readers as badly as they do...

17. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Torment? so not fair!

Frogs can cackle?

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Yummy! :D Hey JKH give me my icon back! :mad:

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Nice icons!

Of course frogs can cackle. Instructions come in the evil author's handbook. I'm just a PaddyJuan, but I'm learning.

20. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    **bouncing up and down like a certain frog on a bungee cord**

Ooh, that was GOOD! Things are certainly heating up. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Shaindl

21. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    NO!

There's a hand book? where can I get a copy?

22. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Shaindl - glad you are enjoying the bungee cord. I've always found it fun. But be careful, Pk unties them when you aren't looking just to see the screams when you fall.

JKH - well, I found it on Red's and Cynical's stories. but Obi-ew and Suzuran aren't far behind. Most of the authors here seem to have one.

23. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oohh... definite changes Paddyjuan But Great!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

24. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    This doesn't sound good, froggy! Wonderful job with the whole post. It flowed well and you left us with even more to wonder about.

I guess these people are going to take their ship and try to keep them there. And I'm quite sure the boy being abused is Obi-Wan/Kale. :(

More soon please! :D

25. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Nice postie there, Froggie!

Now, stop tormenting (yeah, I encouraged you, but hey!) give us more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.