main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unforgiven Too -- Qui-Obi AU -- shipwrecks and darkness hidden in the light (Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    So, you are being seduced to the darkside by other Sithly authors.

** glares at obi_ew and Jedi_Suzuran ** :mad:

That was a great post. These people are definitely giving me the creeps. You are slowly building the tension here and it is maddening. I can't wait for more! :)

** grabs evil author's handbook and runs from the thread ** :D

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm being wrongly maligned and slandered here :( I have never untied a bungee cord just to hear someone screem.. I did it to see if froggies go SPLAT

Although in a story like this one, I think superglue on the chair might be better than a cord.

3. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Bad idea- chairs go flip!

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    CalaisKenobi - Like any cook, I couldn't resist that last sprinkle of garnish. Thanks for betaing this for me!

Cascadia - Obi/Kale? Jumping to conclusions are we? Nothing is ever all sunshine and light, because if it weren't for the contrast of the shadows, the light would seem much dimmer.

Suzuran - Not torment? but? but? but?
    All authors torment! How can I be an author if I don't torment my readers?

Sheila - You stole my evil author's handbook! Did you know that JKH has an evil overlord's handbook?

PK - ** flattened froggie gives PK a dubious look ** And the end result is any different?

JKH - ** Superglued froggy spins wildly in her chair. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Stairs! Oh, not good. eeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

I'm going away for the weekend, but should have a post ready when I get back.

_)O.O(_

5. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    have fun froggy!!!!

6. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    heheheh down stairs... i did that.. i like torment... it's fun to read and keeps red happy.... yeah i'm red!! keep going please i'd like som'ore
    thank ye kindly
    Red*

7. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    JKH - thanks! I did. and thought of a new scene while i was driving.

Red-Jedi-Knight - It's not nice to torment little froggies. But i'm glad you are enjoying the story.

More tomorrow!

8. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    ps, Obi-ew has an Obi in black leather on her board.

** watches in awe as the whole board tilts to that side **

the leather side of the force is indeed powerful

9. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    yes, but o-e is evil!

10. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    evil is good!

in an author, that is...

11. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    REJOICE AS THE PINK IS GONE

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    The Unforgiven Too - Chapter 5

~~~

"You are beautiful when you bleed, my Apprentice. Red is a color you should wear more often. Your silence gives you grace." Hands stroked the pale face, strangely soft and gentle for all the anguish they brought with that loving touch.

Crouched in the center of the floor, the boy did not move, would not move until given permission, no matter what might happen. No one had ever accused him of being stupid; he learned quickly. And what he had learned was fear and pain. But not hatred, despite That Man's twisted cruelty. For that dark emotion was not part of his makeup. Pity, yes. Pity for the warped creature that found such pleasure in his torment.

He winced at the howl of rage, the rapid rain of blows falling on his defenseless form. Pity, it appeared, was not permitted him.

Still, he made no sound. Silence was his only defense. Defiance through obedience his only hope.

~~~

Shari jumped up in a swirl of brightly colored silk. ?Well, then let us get some breakfast into her before we leave. There is time to get her dressed properly, although I don't think that much will fit properly. Do you think that we could stop along the way and pick up something more appropriate, Aedan??

Caraanne hesitated. ?What do you mean, they want me to go Home? I have to stay with my Master.?

Aedan shook his head firmly. ?No child. You know better. If the Masters want you to return, then you return. Hush now. It will be all right. If they determine that it is a valid bond, and that you are ready to be assigned a Master, then you will return.?

?But I have a Master,? she protested. They just did not understand and she had no other way to tell them.

?It will be all right, Caraanne. The Masters know best. They will guide us in the right direction.?

She could feel him reaching out with his Force, soothing her, calming her. She accepted the plate of bread and fruit and ate quickly at Shari's urging. As the Companion pulled her back into the bedroom and tried to find a garment that would fit her, she protested, ?But I have my robes.? Caraanne pointed at the now clean and pressed brown and cream Padawan robes hung neatly over the back of a chair.

Shari looked horrified. ?Absolutely not! Those are not proper! All rough wool and ugly colors. Certainly I will not send you to the Masters dressed as a hermit. Heavens, what would everyone think?? She bundled the smaller girl into layers of silken garments and then covered her with a heavy cloak of fine wool.

"Yes, dear. You may take her shopping. Remember that you only have one transport and the both of you must fit in it as well as your purchases," Aedan teased with bright amusement and affection in his voice.

Shari giggled. "Darling! I'm not that bad. Now, Kallie, she can shop!"

Aedan shook his head. "I know, I know. My allowance and I are ever grateful that you have not taken all of your sister's guidance to heart."

Shari laughed, a delicate chiming sound that was pleasing and just encouraged one to share her amusement.

Caraanne ignored their teasing as she reached out along her bond to her Master. 'Master? They want to send me to the Guide Guildhouse. Aedan says their 'Masters' want to talk to me.' She felt his immediate concern. She was very grateful that their close bond allowed them to actually talk. Many Masters and Padawans could only exchange feelings or vague images.

'Wait Padawan, I'm coming,' he returned.

Caraanne did not miss Aedan's sharp glance as she spoke to her Master. She got the distinct impression that he knew she was communicating despite the fact that their mindspeech went through their bond. With the ease that he had 'spoken' to his however distant Masters, she thought that he very well might be able to pick up her mindspeech as well, even when it was not directed at him. However, he did not say anything, not even look disapproving, merely continuing to talk to Shari.

Tiel stood, suddenly interrupting

13. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    wait...!! that's it?!?! that's all we get!?!? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *falls to her knees* i need more please i need more to make it... ohhh so evil so harsh... you make me wait... damn calm.. calm.. please please.. just a bit more.... please.......

14. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Red-Jedi-Knight - According to the Evil Author's Handbook by Cynical and Red Rose Knight, one should always push your readers off a cliff and leave them screaming for more.

Thank you for letting me know that I am doing it properly!

15. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Well done; the book is definitely paying off for you!

I'm hanging here!

I still think the aprentice is Obi, but either way I want to kill his master.

16. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Hmmm, JKH, according to your copy of the Evil Overlord's Handbook, Chapter 45-3-22-9-856-00-28574-1234567890001, How to Torture Just About Any Obi, tormented Obi's are a sure way to give rabies to your readers. Had your shots updated?

17. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    i must have a copy of these books.. now!!

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    * carries bonfire over from Cas's thread and tosses Froggy's books into it * Take that! :D

Wonderful additions to this chapter! ;)

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Hmmm, Cas is having a bonfire? Did anyone bring chocolate? I have marshmallows!

OE - Burning the books won't do any good as long as all the other authors keep adding new chapters. he he he

RJK - ** evil ribit **

20. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    We. Need. More. [face_plain] Great update, though! :)

Thanks for bringing marshmallows to my thread, froggy. :D

21. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks Cascadia - more coming in a few days. My new fic kinda distracted me a little. Can't have a bonfire without somemores.

22. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    *offers her evil overlord hand book to the frog*

23. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    O.O

Ooooh, your very own copy? I'm honored! And I will do my best to be evil in the next post.

24. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Mmm, marshmallows. [face_love]

Now, having read this before, I still have the same question. Why did you stop there?

I'll withhold treats for certain froggies if you don't post soon. ;)

25. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    ummm, just to hear you scream?

I'm working on it now, rabid plot bunny and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.