main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unforgiven Too -- Qui-Obi AU -- shipwrecks and darkness hidden in the light (Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You can't just leave us there. I'm glued to the seat and teetering on the top of the stairs [face_shocked]

I agree with Suzeran. No tasty little fly snacks until we get another post.

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    PK - would you settle for a new story?

3. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    I posted a new story, for anyone who likes leather Obi...

The Panther's Cub

It's the story of a pirate's boy won by an undercover Knight in a Sabacc game. And then the fun really starts.

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hey! You there! Frog!

That's not nice. You should know better than to leave things hanging like that. If you're not careful I'm bringing out the ginshu knives and making me some frogs legs.

Get writing dear, you're weaving an intriguing story and I want to know what happens next!

Shaindl

5. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    eeek! Shaindl no knives! no knives! I'm writing, I'm writing.

** froggy hops off to the keyboard, watching the kitchen door suspiciously for lurking disgruntled readers **

6. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    evil froggy... you do again and make more stories for red to have to read... boohoo.. no i will have no time to check e-mail at all!! *smiles* rats

7. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    ** grins **

it's all an evil plot to ensure that your email box overflows.

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I guess stealing your book didn't stop you from being evil. :mad:

** tosses book into oe's bonfire **

You are setting up quite a mystery here but I need some answers soon!! :_|

9. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Mystery, Sheila? It's not a mystery; I know exactly what's going to happen next.

** grins **

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    So when do the rest of us mere mortals get to know?

11. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    "tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow, it's only a post away...."

** froggy ducks the flying boots and hides under the lily pad ** think i'll keep my day job...

12. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    *throws knifes at the frog*

I HATE that song!

13. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    HEY NOW!! if you kill the froggy you kill the story.. and if you kill the story red gonna open up a can of whoop A. so.. lets all play nice.... thank you.. froggy you better love me big and send a post out!! i might have saved your life!!

14. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    awe its not like I was gunna hit froggy, and froggy ain't scared of little ole me with my long sharp talons...

15. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Froggy! Its tomorrow!

16. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    ** froggy peeks out from under her kevlar lined lily pads ** (how do you think i survived the fallout from all the exploding stories around here?)

looks safe.

** inches out lugging small post with her towards the wooden plank **

17. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    The Unforgiven Too - Chapter 6:

~~~

Torn and bloody wrists yanked futilely at the harsh chains. A lip bled slowly, bitten through to silence the forbidden cries. Physical pain he knew, oh how well he knew it. He was strong now, he could withstand it.

But he could not endure the warped and twisted mind forcing into his own, the thoughts black and redly wormy sliming through his head, jagged streaks of hideous screeching burning and oozing. He could not escape his Master's mind. It wrapped through his thoughts, writhing vileness smearing, tearing, grasping until he was no longer certain where His thoughts ended and his own began, or if there was truly an end at all.

Convulsing in agony, he screamed. And screamed. And screamed. Until it was the Master screaming, his body reflecting his thoughts -- torn, twisted, red, and oozing, burning black.

And when they finally found that cold unforgiving room of stone so deep in the earth, there was only silence. Not a sound.

Until they lit a torch and saw what awaited them.

~~~

Caraanne followed Shari out to the driveway where a hovercraft waited for them. A young man in a neat uniform stood beside the craft, obviously the pilot. Kale was chatting with him, but stopped as soon as they arrived. He opened the door for them, gallantly offering an arm to assist them inside. Shari shook her head at him, frowning slightly, then greeted the pilot with the same tone of distant politeness she had spoken to the door guard a moment ago. It was a marked contrast to the warmth in her voice as she shooed Kale back to his duties, telling him not to waste time with the servants. The Apprentice waved cheerily despite the rebuke and strolled off with his graceful saunter. The young pilot did not respond to her words, just bowed to the Companion impassively.

"Good morn. How are you doing today?? She did not wait for an answer as she continued, "The Masters said that there was no urgency in returning. I would like to stop in town at Mystiques and get the little one some more appropriate clothing. Do you remember where the shop is located?"

Caraanne did not hear an answer and could not see more than the driver's sleeve from where she sat now. However, since Shari sat back down with a pleased expression, the young Jedi assumed they were going shopping along the way. Shari buckled her restraint belts, gesturing for Caraanne to do the same. They took off with expert smoothness. Caraanne was impressed. The driver that had brought them down from the mountains had not handled the vehicle nearly as facilely.

"We are going to do a little shopping before we go to the Home. You can not appear before the Masters dressed in my clothes."

The younger girl just nodded. She was rapidly realizing that Shari was a force to be reckoned with when she decided something. Well, the Jedi were nothing if not flexible. It was not worth the effort to argue about it. Caraanne watched the scenery go by. Carefully noting the route, the terrain, and the obvious signs of a moderately secure economy in the neat, although not rich, buildings, and well tended fields, then shops.

There was the occasional run down ground car or beaten up speeder of some sort, but for the most part the local area appeared civilized and well maintained. The city was neat, with none of the graffiti or blatant billboards advertising things covering the landscape. There were trees and plants everywhere. If the buildings were somewhat blocky and solid, they were attractively made with bricks of various colors and sizes, and decorated with a bright profusion of plants and blooms in every door, window, and walkway. Most of the buildings were two or three stories tall, sharing a wall with their neighbors; patios, balconies, and roof gardens adding to the bright cheerful atmosphere.

The people themselves were dressed in a wide variety of styles ranging from dirty coveralls on the men and women working in the streets and gardens, to neat tunics and robes on the small sho

18. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Well, maybe this will work better if I remember to update the title also. sigh.

tired froggy brains are nonfunctional

19. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    The 21st, Froggy :confused: Where do you live? 8-}

Aunecah

20. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan. This is so sad. :_|

21. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002

Aunecah - The 21st, Froggy Where do you live? - ummmm, i did mention in the note above that tired froggy brains were nonfunctional. I was just proving it beyond a doubt here.

Cascadia - yes, but according to my bungee cord manufacturers, what goes down, must come back up, and then down, and up, and....

Okay, for those of you not living in the twilight zone, date fixed.

22. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hey, Frog!

Good work, and it's about time Obi-Wan showed up! :D I love how you flip back and forth between the flashbacks at the beginning of your posts, to the present day, and then to the prosaic bits about light and dark at the end. It's a really unique style, that keeps us guessing as to what's going on.

Great work, more soon!

Shaindl

23. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Wahoo! Obi finally shows up.

But how sad, that he takes such simple pleasure in the fact that someone smiled at him. :_|

24. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    I knew it! I knew the boy was our Obi!

Poor Obi...was he a Jedi initiate sold into slavery?

25. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Rats! You let em off of the hook allready! :D Excellant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.