main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unforgiven Too -- Qui-Obi AU -- shipwrecks and darkness hidden in the light (Complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    It was time obi_ew , I was writhing and twisting on that hook! Glad to see Obi-Wan show up even if it confirms that he was the boy so totally abused by his master. Now it looks like he is looked down upon by the others. He was so thrilled to be shown the smallest of kindnesses, I have a feeling this is going to be heartbreaking. :(

Thanks for finally revealing one of the many secrets you have set up in this wonderful story. More soon please. :)

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Shaindl - I was trying to make it interesting without doing little tiny chapters for each part.

Jedi Suzuran - He's pretty lonely right now

JKH - nope, he's a native.

Obi-ew - i'm being nice. it throws everyone off in surprise.

I see there are new icons up again. he he he

Sheila - i'm a froggy, not a fish, no use for wiggly things on hooks! now, off the hook is a different story.... O.-

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    So we finally find poor, abused Obi-wan. Who might have found his first friend

4. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi PK - enjoying your Xani on TOTS?

5. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    hoppeth uppeth

6. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Up!

Now I know why it felt like I asked you the same question twice.

7. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    yep.

Post tomorrow!

8. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Well, it's tomorrow now, so I guess it's time to post.

9. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    The Unforgiven Too - Chapter 7:

~~~

"Will he live?"

"If She wills it."

"How could this happen?"

"We were blind."

"I fear we are not the only ones blinded."

"His Gift is gone."

"We had no choice."

"Does that make it right?"

"No."

"This must never happen again."

"How will he live?

"Alone."

"There are worse things than death."

"If he lives."

"That is not our choice to make."

"And were it? What would you choose?"

"I do not know."

"Pray that you never do."

~~~

Caraanne signed with relief as she collapsed gratefully onto the cool wooden bench beneath a shady tree in the gardens. She was exhausted. She had been grilled by the Guild Council Masters about the Jedi's presence and trip all morning. Although most of the members of this Council were human, there were a few aliens, to her surprise. However, despite their different mixture of races, they bore an eerie resemblance in sheer intimidation factor to the Jedi Council. At least with the Jedi Council, she had her Master's comforting presence before her. Here, they were questioning that relationship.

Tiel would stay at Lord Keshena's until the Guild Masters sent for him. He could feel through his bond that Caraanne was being treated well, in fact, almost pampered, as she amusedly told him. However, they were not allowed to see each other until after the Council met with him and they were too far apart to use mindspeech. She had been allowed to use their communications system this morning to contact him for a few of their time periods. Their beats were about equal to a Standard second. The Padawan told him that the Council had interviewed her and had determined that she had not in fact been abused, but that they still felt she was too young and not completely trained. She had been told not to discuss her origins with anyone unless given specific permission. They did not disbelieve her, amazing in a planet with no space travel, but they did put a veil of secrecy over that information. They had not told her anything further, just dismissed her into the hands of the Teaching Masters to be tested.

And tested she had been. Thoroughly. Her martial arts training and weaponless defense techniques were much more advanced than they expected at her apparent age. She was small compared to this race, most of the men she had seen so far were about the same height as Master Bahr, a few as tall as Master Qui-Gon. Her slight build, coming only to Aedan's shoulders, and slender with a delicately rounded face and large eyes, made her look like a child to them. She could feel their dismay that a 'child' was possibly being treated in an unsuitable way. She did miss her Master. She was accustomed to having him available, but they had been parted before during missions and this was no different. She was as very capable of taking care of herself as were most Senior Padawans.

However, they were not at all satisfied with her knowledge of their world's history and cultures. Her total lack of that they called 'Relationship' skills and what she referred to in her mind as 'Seduction 101', was the subject of some confusion to them. It wasn?t really seduction, just how to present yourself in an attractive way at all times and under all circumstances. However, it wasn't something a Jedi normally worried about. They really did not understand how she had been allowed to become an Apprentice so incompletely trained. She would remain at the Home until she could pass all the levels of training required. Master Bahr was not happy with the requirements, but understood the situation and had been on enough missions to know that sometimes you had to adjust to local custom whether you liked it or not. Especially when you were stuck here with no likelihood of rescue within the foreseeable future.

So, she was summarily put into classes. Caraanne decided to make the best of it and settled down into the classes that the evaluators felt she still needed. Some of the classes were with the older tra

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *Bursts into flames*

Hints!?! please [face_beg]????

How frustrating for us readers...you love making me dangle over the edge of the cliffs...

I want to know everything now!

I don't like this waiting for the next post!

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hey there Frog.

It's Monday morning and I'm a little cranky about it, so leaving me with YET another cliff is not appreciated. :p

Good job - you're leaving so many questions sprinkled through this it's maddening and intriguing all at the same time. Caraanne and Obi-Wan better watch their backs. Somebody or something is coming for them.

If I post today, will that get me a post here? :D

Shaindl

12. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Quite intriguing, Froggie. The foreboding is getting thick. More soon, please! :D

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_devil] You're driving them nuts froggy! I love it! :D

14. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *blinks*

Where is the rest, froggie? Toss me a clue, will ya????

Or I'll withhold more froggie treats! :p

15. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Phoenix - hints? you want hints? um, okay, let's see... never mix new red sweatshirts with a teen aged boy's tshirts. Loud screeches ensue when his underwear turns pink.

Shaindl - Post! to your story! yay! how about a post to Panther tomorrow?

Cascadia - someone is watching. someone is listening. but do they see and hear?

Obi-ew - I'm trying. Chapter !@#$%^*&^%$#$%^& of the Evil Author's Handbook: What every author should know about cliffs and sheer dropoffs. by Red Rose Knight and Cynical was posted this week. It contains a special section on how to make your readers foam at the mouth and rabidly attack the plot bunnies.

JS - here, catch - it's not always a bad thing when your nightmares come true.

thanks everyone, glad you are enjoying this!

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'll let you play with Xani for a while- I'll catch fresh flies for a snack- Just Post more Soon!

17. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    It sounds very much like the victim is being punished in this little scenario. :(

Like everyone else, I need answers. :_|

** runs in and grabs obi_ew in an effort to gag her, she is a bad influence on froggy **

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Who Moi? [face_plain] [face_devil] * glares at PK * I don't remember giving anybody permission to play with MY Xani! :p

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    PK - I get to play with Xan?! Wheeee! ** froggy hops off to stuff him into a story somewhere **

Sheila - gagging her won't help. this is the internet. you'd have to tape her fingers together. then she couldn't update her stories and we'd all go into withdrawl.

Obi-ew - ** froggy hides Xani in a waterlily ** Xani? I don't see any Xani here. ** whistles innocently as she types frantically ignoring the cats who have found a new toy **

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    * word of warning * He has terrible allergies! :D

21. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Master, who said it was your Xan?

He's mine, all mine! [face_love]

And froggie, that didn't answer anything. Evil, sly froggie!

22. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    hmmm, froggy gives Xan some kleenex and antihistamines. Can't have blue eyes turning red. Too sithly, you know.

Why thank you JS, I'm trying very hard.

** gimmer stick comes out of nowhere and flattens froggy **

eek! I'm doing, I'm doing! no Try!

** froggy goes to hide from trolls **

where's a billy goat gruff when you need one?

23. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    awwww poor obi having to run and hide from those weird women... *uses force to heal his wrists.....* make it feel all better *give obi a lollipop

24. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    uh guys?

Xani's MINE!!!

25. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi everyone, made one small change to chapter 7. In the first paragraph I changed the Guild Council from all human to :

Although most of the members of this Council were human, there were a few aliens, to her surprise. However, despite their different mixture of races, they bore an eerie resemblance in sheer intimidation factor to the Jedi Council.

RJK - hon, that boy's hiding on a Bunch of threads around here.

Phoenix - ** froggy tinkers with her cloning machine for a moment ** Whooosh! Out pops a flame resistant Xani for Phoenix. "Here you go"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.