main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Unforgiven Too -- Qui-Obi AU -- shipwrecks and darkness hidden in the light (repost ch 2: 3-22)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hello, I've decided to repost this here. I'll be caught up soon and then we'll take off again. Hope you all enjoy.

Unforgiven Too:

Qui-gon and an OC Master/Padawan pair are shipwrecked on an isolated planet. There they meet someone special who changes their lives forever.

This is rather AU. Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and a couple of original characters. All of Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and is used without permission. This story can not be used for any monetary gain anyway and may not be reposted without my permission. Song and lyrics belong to Metallica and are also listed without permission. You can blame their presence on a 12 hour drive with only two cds and staticky radio stations. The original characters and story are mine, but they're not worth anything anyway. Warnings for oblique mention of physical abuse. Conforms to PG-13 standards.

The Unforgiven Too by Metallica

Lay beside me, tell me what they've done
    Speak the words I want to hear, to make my demons run
    The door is locked now, but it's open if you're true
    If you can understand the me, than I can understand the you

Lay beside me, under wicked sky
    The black of day, dark of night, we share this paralyze
    The door cracks open, but there's no sun shining through
    Black hearts scarring darkness still,
    but there's no sun shining through
    No, there's no sun shining through
    No, there's no sun shining

What I've felt, what I've known
    Turn the pages, turn the stone
    Behind the door, should I open it for you

Yeah-eh-eh
    Sick and tired, I stand alone
    Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
    Or are you unforgiven too?

Lay beside me, this won't hurt, I swear
    She loves me not, she loves me still, but she'll never love again
    She lay beside me, but she'll be there when I'm gone
    Black hearts scarring darker steel,
    yes, she'll be there when I'm gone
    Yes, she'll be there when I'm gone
    Dead sure she'll be there

Yeah
    Sick and tired, I stand alone
    Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
    Or are you Unforgiven too?

Lay beside me, tell me what I've done
    The door is closed, so are your eyes
    But now I see the sun, now I see the sun
    Yes, now I see it

Yeah
    What I've felt, wha I've known
    So sick and tired, I stand alone
    Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits
    The one who waits for you

Oh, what I've felt, what I've known
    So I dub thee unforgiven

Oh, what I've felt
    Oh, what I've known
    I take this seed
    And I bury it in you
    Because you're unforgiven too
    Never free
    Never me
    'cause you're unforgiven too
    Ohhhhhhhhh

(All lyrics copyright Metallica)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1:

~~~

"Come child. I will be your Master."

"Yes Master."

An Apprentice! He had been chosen as an Apprentice! The young boy smiled up at the tall Master, tourmaline eyes glowing with happiness.

It took the Master less than a moon-cycle to forever erase that innocent glow.

~~~

"Hold on, Caraanne! Brace for impact!" Jedi Master Tiel Bahr called out to his Padawan as their small ship tumbled through the clouds; the land below rushing up uncontrollably at them. Qui-Gon said nothing, but grimly struggled with the sluggish controls, desperately trying to set them down in one piece. He saw a splash of flat blue ahead and aimed the wildly plunging ship at it with all of his considerable strength, both physical and Force. Barely clearing the towering trees along the rocky knoll, the big Jedi Master managed to pull the nose up just before they impacted into the beach. The small craft skipped across the harsh black sand and then slid into the lake, the

2. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Are you going to reload all the chapters on this new thread?

3. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    yes, but i'll do one a day (when i can until i'm caught up) I'll post the next update on the old thread if i'm not caught up when i finally get it written

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I had to look under a lot of lilly pads until I found this.

Are you planning on throwing a pond-warming party since you just moved?

5. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    That's why I threw in the addy.
    Let's see what sort of munchies we can all come up with.

btw, here is chapter 2 following

6. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 2:

~~~

Curled up on the unforgiving stone of the floor, the boy did not even try to stop shivering. Shivering was the only thing that was keeping him warm. The thin silks he wore certainly did nothing to cut the frigidity of the air sinking in through glassless windows set at an angle so far above that even the light had to search its way inside .

He remembered being a tiny child crawling over to the furs someone warm and comforting slept in. An arm, huge in his memory, had pulled him in against a hard chest; softer hands and long silky hair touched him on the other side. The memories of warmth and comfort ended all too soon, but later hardships had never erased them. The dark held no terrors then.

The dark held no terror now. It was the faint rays of dawn that heralded the arrival of his nightmares.

"Good morning, my Apprentice."

~~~

The Jedi rose, drawing up their hoods, and stood with the two Masters in front, the Padawan slightly to the rear. As the riders drew closer, the castaways were able to make out more details. The riders were a bipedal species. The Jedi did not recognize the beasts, but the quadrupeds appeared to be some sort of furred animal type, resembling a mixture between a Norfallan elk and a Gardinen equis, but with broad short antlers instead of the narrow spreading rack of the elk, and a slimmer build than the sturdy draft beasts. A few heavier pack beasts trailed along behind one of the riders. As the riders emerged from the tree line, one of them spotted the waiting group and called out an alert to the others, waving his hand toward the rocks.

The riders paused and turned toward the Jedi. It took about ten minutes before they drew close enough to be seen. They appeared human, or very similar, at this distance. The second man raised a hand and called out to them in a very distorted and barely recognizable Galactic Standard.

Qui-Gon stepped forward and replied, "Greetings."

The majority of the group drew up in surprise at the odd dialect, but the two lead riders continued on toward the small group. Reaching the periphery of the rocky clearing, they pulled up their mounts, studying the three strangers with open curiosity on their faces. The younger of the two, a man who appeared to be in his second decade for a standard human, spoke again, his tone questioning but not hostile.

Qui-Gon shook his head and tried again, pronouncing his words slowly and carefully, "Hello. We are Jedi. Our ship requires repair. Where is the nearest spaceport?"

The man shrugged with an obvious lack of comprehension, then gestured toward the sky and brought his hand down in an arc, following the path of the sun through the sky, indicating the sun setting. He smacked lightly against his beast's shoulder, then gestured at the three Jedi. Qui-Gon could almost understand what he was asking. Apparently, someone had seen their ship go down and he wanted to know if they needed transportation.

Qui-Gon nodded and pointed down the hill. The man patted his arms and legs and flexed his fingers, pointing at the small bandage on Master Bahr's cheek. The Jedi shook his head. The rider grinned and said something emphatic, then closed his eyes and bowed briefly. Qui-Gon clearly got the message that they had been fortunate, and nodded his head with an answering smile.

The rider gestured to the rest of his party and they rode up, chattering in their dialect cheerfully. They nodded their heads politely at the robed strangers, staring with open curiosity at the two men they could see. Caraanne had remained in the back, with her hood drawn up over her face as Tiel had directed. There were no women in the small party and she was different enough from the natives appearance with the pale lavender-tinged hair and skin of her people, along with their typical deep purple eyes, to make her stand out vividly.

The riders wore heavy vests with the fleece still inside over leather jerkins and trousers with thick padded boots that laced partway up their shin

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_plain] Head explodes from trying to remember to keep checking the new threads! :D

8. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *hauls in the buffet from the other thread*

9. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    *thinks the boards seem empty with the split*

*curls up and goes back to sleep on her perch*

10. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    well, this doesnt seem to be working, so i'll just stick to the old thread. see you there

11. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    yay!!!

(prefers the old thread)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.