main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Unforseen Future/ teen Obi-Wan's Misadventures in the military.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jodiwent, Feb 21, 2000.

1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Obi-Wan spent an extra hour to fix the engine. He was so focused on the work, he didn't sence or hear someone elce in the hangar, untill he was tapped on the sholder. It was not an attack but he was so jumpy he grabed the hand. Its owner found himself face down on the floor with his arm sretched out behind him in a wrist lock and Obi-Wans foot planted between his sholder and arm pit.

"Croe!" Obi-Wan said releasing his frind's arm. "Don't do that."

"Believe me," Croe said, "I won't again."

"Sorry." Obi-Wan offered his friend a hand up. "It's a reflex."

"Some reflex."

"I sould have known you were there."

"Why are you still working? This was an easy exercise."

"Easy enough for me to mess it up."

"Everyone's wondering where you were."

"They needn't." Obi-Wan kept working on the engine.

"We've kind of gotten used to you hanging around during free time."

"Oh? I'm afraid I won't be good company today."

"What's wrong, your not yourself?"

"The past is paying me a visit. I didn't invite it, and I'm working on sending it packing."

"I'm not quite sure what you mean." Croe admited.

"It's probably best that you don't."

"If you need to talk, I'm not so dence."

"No your not." Obi-Wan said. "Trust me it's better if you keep thinking the galaxsy is a safe place to exist."

"I'm from the lower levils remember."

Obi-Wan made no comment.

"I supose you've seen a lot of places," Crocontinued, "and things."

"And I'll see more." Obi-Wan said. "There are a lot of evils out there."

"I've neave been off of Coruscant."

"If you ever get the urge to travel...stick to the core planets."

"As opposed to?"

"The outer rim..." Obi-Wan stopped his work and watched for Croe's reaction. Through the masked questions and the vague answer, Obi-Wan was telling Croe what was wrong with out having to speek it.

Croe knew what Obi-Wan ment. He twitched nervously. "That's not a trip, anyone plans on."

"Yet somehow people still get there."

"Even jedi."

"Even Jedi."

Obi-Wan went back to the engine, he senced the presences of three people who should't have been there but kept it to himself. "Tell everyone I'll be more sociable tomorrow."

Croe took the hint and left. When he was gone and he knew no one elce was around, Obi-Wan called out with the force. <You can come out now.> From different hiding places three young jedi emerged fourth. Thier presence didn't stop Obi-Wan from working. They were three healing apprentices.

"Why are you here?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Master Jinn was concerned." One of them answered. "Your link to him is strong, even at this distance."

"Did he send you?"

"No Master healer Kimu knew as well."

For a while they said nothing more. The theree young Healers were not Obi-Wan's friends. They were a group of age peers whom he was suposed to talk to whenever he got a flashback. It had been a year since he had to do so. Now their presence anoyed him rather than helped.

"You wish us to leave?" The head one asked. "Something has happened?"

"Just a prank, I'm fine."

"You know in this matter, nothing is to be taken lightly."

"You are not just remembering." another said. "You are caught by it."

"I will escape its grasp."

"Alone?"

"If I must."

"I sence your resentment, direted towards us."

"You remind me of it more." Obi-Wan glared at them.

"It has been a while since we saw you last."

"You won't need to see me again."

"Not if you keep this up. We'll have to tell one of the master healers."

"If you must."

"You do wish us to leave?" The head one said again.

"Yes, I did not think I had slipped far enough to warent your presence."

"We are suposed to be the judges of that."

"so."

"We should find a place that is not as busy to conduct a healing."

"I don't want a healing."

"That is exactly why you need one."

"Folow me." Obi-Wan relictantly led the three to a part of the roof where no one elce ever went.

The night air felt cool and clear. The four jedi sat. Obi-Wan was encircled by the three young healers. They held their hands up to make a circle of energy with the force around the Padawan. Above all elce they k

2. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    it's two two two posts in one!

[This message has been edited by jodiwent (edited 03-10-2000).]

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh boy, poor Obi-wan.

Kithera

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I am awed...

This is so realistic. It really shows us what Obi-Wan is made of. Don't we all struggle with the past somehow, hiding things (not necessarily torture, but experiences that were unpleasant to us) beneath a facade, until something happens to bring it out again, bewildering those around us? I cannot express my admiration enough for these posts, these ideas, this realism. Keep up the great work! I hope the Healer can help him in time, anyway.

5. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    A PLUG

I don't know if Im suposed to hype other sites but, If your interested, here is a address to a local group of Amesty International.
    http://www.angelfire.com/ab/amnesty/ http://www.angelfire.com/ab/amnesty/

This is for group in Auburn Mass. U.S.A.
    I'm sure you can find on line sites for other ones world wide.

Even if you don't agree with all of Amnesty Intrnatonal's agenda's check it out. Or not.

Torture of political and other prisoners is a reality that takes place every day.

I hope this is not too heavy handed, it was not my intention when I wrote this story.

It just occured to me today that I should post this.

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    The next thing Obi-Wan remembered was wakening with the healers again. The first thing he saw was QUi-Gon's anguished face.

'I've failed him again.' He thought.

<No you haven't.> His master sent through the force.

"Master..."

"Obi-Wan Why?" Qui-Gon asked. "Why now?"

"Why what" Obi-Wan said, trying to fool someone he knew he couldn't fool. "It was an accident."

"No padawan, you did... do this on perpose?"

After a long pause the reply came." Yes Master."

"Did you... really want to die?"

"No master, I just wanted the pain to end."

"You've been doing so well the last few weeks." Qui-Gon didn't expect a responce, and he didn't get one. "Promise me, if you feel that way again, you'll come and talk to me, and not do someting so foolish."

"Yes Qui-Gon, I promise."

"Master Jinn." The healer Kimu said touching the Master's sholder. "Could I speek to you, over here?" Qui-Gon nodded and the two went aside. "You know that's not how these flashbacks work... You may be asking too much of him just yet."

Healer Kimu," Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow. "You may know how the mind works, but I know my padawan. If Obi-Wan says he's going to do something, he will."

"I hope your right." She paused. "How are you handling this? You know no one would blame you if..."

"Don't even finish that statement, Obi-Wan is not a lost cause."

"That's not what I ment, I'm sorry."

Indeed it was a little more than a year that Obi-Wan had been his apprentice, and dispite their rocky start, Qui-Gon had grown to care deeply about the boy. He knew Obi-Wan had a kind true heart that a jedi knight needed.

The master still believed in him. Th eforce still wispered to Qui-Gon, 'This one will be a great jedi knight one day.' He would not give up on the boy.

The healer told Master Jinn, "If yu can, yu should find out what triggered this event today."

"Believe me, I intend to." Qui-Gon returned to Obi-Wan's side.

"Now it will be even longer before we can go out on a mission." The padawan said longingly. At least he was thinking about the future.

"Don't worrie about that now. Focus on healing, then we will get back to training." Qui-Gon advised. "Are you ready to show me what happened?"

"I don't want to get anyone in trouble."

"Trouble? Some one elce is involved in this incident?"

"Yes master." Obi-Wan knew he couldn't keep it from Qui-Gon anyway.

"Let me see."

Obi-Wan opened his mind to his master and his memories were revield.

Qui-Gon showed no outward sign of it, but he wanted to give Bruck Chun a good swift kick in the pants. Master Jinn would settle for teaching the bully a lesson he woul dnot forget.

First he would speek to Master Yoda, who was in charge of the young ones. He told Obi-Wan he'd be back later. He was glad to see Bant and Shu-Sen arriving to see his injured padawan.

Qui-Gon knew Yoda was busy at that moment, so he meditated on his own surfacing anger. How could someone who had grown up in the temple turn out like Bruck Chun?

The same way some one like Xanatos could. There were sometimes just evil beings, even amoung the jedi. Qui-Gon didn't have to find Yoda. Yoda found him.

"About your padawan, what are we to do?" The old jedi asked. "Believe in him, you still do."

"Yes Master Yoda." Qui-Gon answered. "It is another young padawan that worries me more."

Qui-Gon related what had happened, and how much Bruck had delighted in inflicting more pain on the still wounded Obi-Wan.

"Yes, watching that one for a long time have I been." Yoda said. "Given chances to change he has. A jedi he is not."

"Even if he leaves the jedi, he will inflict his crulety on others."

"A remedy you have?"

"Wiht your permission, I would like to show these boys, Obi-Wan's pain. His memories of what happend."

"Crule that would be also, would it not?"

"Not if it teaches him some compassion."

"Right you are. None he has now."
    (TBC)
    more later

7. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Qui-Gon and Yoda found the knight who was training Bruck and told him of what had taken place and what they planed to do about it. They went to the masters' of the other two boys as well. They all agreed it was the right course of action.

They found the three in one of the practice halls, practicing their sabers, as if nothing had happened earlier. When they saw the masters and the knight they knew they were in trouble. Master Yoda did all the talking.

"Feel you no regret for your actions?"

"It's not like I pushed him or anything." The heartless boy answered. "You know Oafy..."

"More than one way there are to push someone. A jedi you will neaver be." It was not anything the boy didn't know. "You other two, stop your friend you did not."

"We didn't know he was going to run into the sky lane." One of the other boys said.

"Laughed you did?"

"Not when he was hit."

"Reflects on the results of his actions or non-actions a jedi does." The Master continued. The third boy was regretful but he too hadn't stopped Bruck from making sport of Obi-Wan.

"Think it funny to hurt one who is already hurt?" They were silent. "Kneel you will." They did. "Show you something Master Jinn will."

Yoda steped aside and Qui-Gon knelt before the three young padawans. He projected to thier minds what Obi-Wan had shown him weeks before. All the horrors of being a prisoner of the Drahsil, every bit of it. They saw and felt Obi-Wan's pain.

The boys pleaded for the master to stop, but he would not. He also showed them thier oun actions and how they caused the panic that led to the impact of the speeder. All of them were shook deeply.

Two of them were in tears. Now they too would be haunted by the sight of it. Somehow before it didn't seem real to them, now it was all too real. Bruck saw how un-jedi he was, and how brave Obi-Wan really was. For the first time in his young life he was ashamed of his behavior.

"Now do you see? Look into your own hearts." Qui-Gon told them. "You have only had to witness these things. Obi-Wan had to live them. These are some of the things you may have to face as padawans. Do you still have the commitment it will take to become jedi knights?"

"You two," Yoda indicated to Chun's friends. "before you answer, meditate you will." The boys and their masters left to do so. "Bruck Chun, answer now you will."

"Master Yoda." He said without hesitation. "You are right. I will neaver be a jedi knight. I will go where ever you send me without complaint." He then bowed to the masters and the knight who had been training him. Leaving his saber behind, he left to pack his things, and wait to see what his future would be.

Along the way he made his way to the healers adn stood next to the sleeping Obi-Wan. Bruck was determined to wait untill Kenobi woke up. He had to do at least one thing that was jedi like.

Qui-on had not expected to see Bruck there when he returned. The master watched from the door.

Obi-Wan opened his eyes to see of all people, Bruck Chun standing over him. He blinked, was it real or just a trick of his mind?"

"Obi-Wan." Bruck said. It must have been an illusion Obi-Wan thought. 'He's not calling me Oafy.'

"Before I leave the temple, I want to apologize. For everything. I am sorry. One day you will be a knight, believe it." That was all he said. He ment it.

As he passed, Qui-Gon felt that it was unfortunate the boy couldn't have felt that way before all of this.

At the final moment Obi-Wan actually felt bad for Chun. He had skills but no heart. He'd neaver be a knight, an dto Obi-Wan there was nothing worse than that.

Now three years later Kenobi was almost free of the night mare memories. His modivation to heal, had been mostly, not to see that pained look on Qui-Gon's face ever again.

"Is my master alright?" Obi-Wan asked Kimu.

"You know he feels your distress." She told him.

"I know. He blames himself for me being caught, but it wasn't his fault. I went against his orders. There was nothing he could have done, except what he did. He found where they had me, he got me out of there. If it hadn't

8. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Excellent! This story is definitely one I look forward to reading every day.

9. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Yes! We want more!

10. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Wow, I can't believe I have any kind feelings for Bruck at all but you handled it with amazing compassion. I almost feel bad.
    Great post!

11. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Wow.
    You did a wonderful jon with Bruck.
    Keep going.

12. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    wow Jodiwent, never doubt what you post again. Imagine that we may have MISSED all that. The backstory w/ Obi-Wan would make an awesome fanfic in its own right! You should consider writing some of Obi-Wan's other misadventures, INCLUDING what happened with the Drahsil when you finish this one!! Now, on with the story!!

13. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    In the third week of the cadets basic training the miricle occured. Two of flight B's squads beat their flight A counterparts.
    First it happened with the squad that Lo-Lang was in. They let nothing the spacers did break thier formation none of the wing men were seperated from their partners.

The other squad to beat a flight A squad was the Alderaanians, the Grans, and the jedi. To everyones suprise Fu-Ahn who had yet to even have a shot cross her bow, was shot down. Even more to their suprise it was not Obi-Wan who did it. It was Cadet Antilles.

He had been studying the hot shot's flight patterns for the last three weeks. In admiration of her skill, he used her own trick on her. He waited untill Fu-Ahn was under her next target and ready to shoot when Antilles flew into her blind spot and his lasers let rip.

Fu-Ahn shook her head and tapped her helmet mike when the control cadet told her she had been killed. She thought there must be something wrong, but they told her again and she flew back to flight A's hangar.

It was not easy to down the rest of that squad, but they were so disorentated by the loss of their leader it gave flight B the advantage they needed. It also taught them what Lt. Spears had been telling his flight. They had to work as a unit and not rely on one or two good pilot to always pull them out of a jam.

When the squad landed the flight B couldn't help but hoot and jump in the thrill of their victory. They jumped out of their ships and slaped each other on the back. They lifted Antilles above thier heads and chanted his name, as they had done eariler for Lo-Lang.

When the excitement died down. The squad shook hands with each other and recounted the best that each of them did that day. There was a real feeling of comradery amoung them. All except wardeen who, thrilled by their victory as much as the rest, only shared his joy with the other Alderaanians. He all but ignored the Grans and Obi-Wan.
    The other pilots even celibrated with the techs who took care of their ships.

"Congratulations, are warented indeed." Lt. Spears told them. "But I still belive you all have classes to get to." They scattered to where they were suposed to be.

In the fourth week things stayed about the same each of the two top flights were evenly matched. As the time when thier cerfew of not being able to go off of the academy grounds grew neer everyone's anticpation of freedom grew.

The pilots of flights A nad B learned that now durring their morning drill time they were going to be tutoring the Pilots of flights C and D. Those flights had been in a ground class and were now going to start on the simulators for the next four months.

Flights A an B were suposed to be learning how to be officers as well as flyers this was part of that training.

On the last day of thier confinement to the academy grounds the officers told them they were going to have a little contest. A contest of their skills with side blasters. They were told that if they had brought a weapon with tham they should bring it to the firing range and they would take the safeties that had been put on them a month before.

Obi-Wan didn't even hesitate to go get his light saber. It was not a blaster, and he did know how to handle one, but he prefered a jedi's weapon.

At the firing range the ones who didn't have their own weapons were issued them. Some of the cadets neaver fired a blaster before. Many of thes neaver even hit the target. It would be targetting classes for them for sure.

Of course all the Alderaanians were excelent marks men and women. Bail Organa, Colton Antilles, and Saraash had on their first round perfect scores.

When it was Obi-Wan's turn Lt. Spears was more amused than anoyed that the cadet did not have a blaster in his hand.

"And how," He shook his head. "are you going to hit a target with that, Benobi?"

"Someone will have to shoot at me." Kenobi said as if it were a normal thing. "If someone would oblige."

"This I gotta see." The Flight Lt. of flight A said. "I'll even shoot at him. You won't hit me will You?"

"No sir."

The officer

14. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    On the first day that they were allowed to go off the grounds of the academy, those who lived on Coruscant went to their homes to see their family and friends. Those who didn'd live there went to have fun in the city. Some whose families were part of the government of the Galactic Republic or diplomats, were lucky if they were on Coruscant that day.

Obi-Wan was as happy as any of them to be free to go 'home' for the few hours of free time they had in the evening. He was even more happy that he could change into his own clothes and look like a jedi once more if only for those few hours.

He was less thrilled to find out that instead of being taught more on the nature of the force, or sparring with his master, he was going to have to accompany Qui-Gon to an offical reception given by the representatives of, of all places, Alderaan.

"owh Master." The padawan moaned. "Couldn't you cancel."

"No padawan." the master said. "I thought you were getting along with the young Alderaanians."

"Yhea, but that dosen't mean I want to spend more time with them. Especaly at on of those stuffy government receptions."

"It's too late now."

So they went to where the reception was being held. It was crowded. 'Good.' Obi-Wan thought I can hide in the crowd.'

The reception was indeed a press opportunity for the Alderaanians. The heir of the house of Organa was helping defend the republic. At first Obi-Wan wanted to heave when he saw the propaganda of the holo-net reporters. Then he saw how lost Bail looked. The prince was playing his part but he gave off a feeling of dred. He had been put up to it by his father's advisors.

"And here..." The Alderaani offical told the reporters. "are the other young volunteers who are at the academy with the prince."

He introduced the other Alderaanians then to his suprise Obi-Wan heard "And we have invited to be here today anouther of the republic's future officers training along side of young Organa the jedi Ben Kenobi..."
    The offical indicated where Obi-Wan was by the buffet.

The holo-cams turn and focused on the unsuspecting young man who had just stuffed a hawk-bat egg into his mouth. He tryed to look dignifyed as he bowed. Thank the force they didn't ask him anything.

They were only interested in the image and turned back to the offical as he contiued to spin his agenda.

Obi-Wan glared at Qui-gon. "Did you know about this ambush?"

"No, so don't be so indignate. Why did he call you Ben?" Qui-Gon told Obi-Wan who just huffed and rolled his eyes. "You may as well make the best of being here. This is a leason as well."

"Deplomacy my favorite..."

"Yes, one can be diplomatic and still tell the truth. It's not all posing."

"so you admit at least that they are posing?"

"Of course they're posing," Qui-Gon smerked with a raised eyebrow, "they're politicans aren't they?"

"Your friend seems to have more substance but hasn't shown it yet."

"He's not my friend Master."

"Look deeper Obi-Wan, that young man needs someone to keep him from being swallowed by all these politicans. Behind all this glitter there may be someone who really cares about the republic not just himself."

"He has friends."

"No, Obi-Wan he has keepers. There is only one of those young people who will ever tell him the truth. Unfortunetly his voice is drowned out by the others,"
    (TBC)

15. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    The Gremlin struck again.

[This message has been edited by jodiwent (edited 03-12-2000).]

16. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Everybody in you best zombie woice :
    "We LOVE the server."

What was lost showed up double.

[This message has been edited by jodiwent (edited 03-12-2000).]

17. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    by Knight Obi Wan--
    never doubt what you post again.

Couldn't agree more. You have incredible talent.

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    JA7 ooohhh is it good!
    messes up my story but...
    I'm still going to let outsiders in the temple in this story.
    What timing!
    As he was leaving to return to the academy, Obi-Wan asked Qui-Gon if he could do him a favor. He explained how the O'Daki cousins had been kind to him on the first day he was at the academy, and that he wanted to repay them by taking them out to eat somewhere.

"That has nothing to do with me." Qui-Gon said.

"I know still I'd like you to meet them," Obi-Wan told his master, "One of them... says his father is a jedi and, I thought maybe you could help him find him."

"You know that's not alowed." Qui-Gon spoke of the rule that jedi should not know their family untill they were knights. Sometimes the trails used this knowledge to test if a padawan would turn to the dark side.

"He's not a jedi so technically, it is."

"You know as well as I," Qui-gon said, " as many of the jedi I know or have known it's not all of them."

"But if you happened to..."

"I don't know Obi-Wan, even if I knew who it was it may not help your friend."

"We'll neaver know if we neaver try."

"Try?"

"You know what I mean."

"Very well, I will meet you at the academy."

"Thank you master."

Back at the academy, Obi-Wan went directly to Bail Organa and put it to him strait. He hadn't been able to speek to him at the reception. "Don't ever try to manipulate me in such a manner again."

"It wasn't my idea." Organa told him. "Believe me, I hate that stuff as much as you."

"You have no freedom do you?"

"And you do? With all that yes master no master business."

"It's not like that."

"Niether is my situation. I will use my positon to do what is needed."

"Then maybe we have more in common than I thought."

"Maybe."

In the morning Obi-Wan made his invitation to the O'Daki, and told them about Qui-Gon agreement to at least meet with Arden and see if he could find out who his father was. Obi-Wan also told Arden of Qui-Gon's warning that he might not like what he found.

That night they met with Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan took them to a nice but inexpensive restrant to repay them for the four credit meal they had given a lonely, broke cadet a month earlier.

Qui-Gon didn't say anything about Arden untill they were done eating. He told them that he needed to speek to Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan would let them know what he found out. The O'Daki thanked Obi-Wan and Arden thanked Qui-Gon for helping as they left ahead of Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon however didn't have to do any further research, he knew almost instantly who's son Arden was.

"You don't see the resemblence?"

"No master Who?"

"Kasan."

"Kasan, Arden doesn't resemble Kasan."

"If you had known him when he was younger you would have no doubt." Qui-Gon asked. "Will you tell your friend."

"I guess..." Obi-Wan said. "Kasan will neaver meet with him will he?"

"I doubt it."

Master Kasan had to be one of the worst examples of a jedi master and yet he kept his positon amoung them. Obi-Wan had his own run ins with Master Kasan. One of his friends Dougan Thatch was Kasan's padawan.

Obi-Wan remembered how before an icident that had happened two years before he thought Kasan to be a brilant teacher. Qui-Gon neaver had such delusions, but his disrepect for the fellow master grew at that time.

Some lessons are not easily learned.

"What a rediculous question." Master Kasan snarled. "Only someone who was completely short sighted would conciter that."

Fiveteen year old Obi-Wan Kenobi slumped back into his chair. He had seen Qui-Gon use that configuration many times. Why did Kasan think his suggestion was wrong?

The young padawan had wanted to hear Master Kasan's lecture on battle tactics sence the year before. This time some of his friends were taking the week long class. It was the first day and every time Obi-Wan opened his mouth the teacher shot him down in a less than jedi manner.

The enthusiastic teen's enthusiasm was now waining. He wouldn't ask any more questions that day. When class was over Obi-Wan was so distracted, he left his data pad on his de

19. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    All who want to scream when Qui-Gon is dense when it comes to Obi-Wan's feelings, please raise their hand. LOL

20. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    ::raising hand:: ESPECIALLY in the last JA book...grrrrrr

Great job Jodiwent! I like the connections you're starting to make between the characters. LOL, poor Obi-Wan getting caught with his mouth full.

[This message has been edited by Knight Obi Wan (edited 03-12-2000).]

21. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    What fun would that be?
    Wait and see.

22. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    After the evening meal everyone, silently went to meditation halls. Even there Obi-Wan could not forget the way Master Kasan had made him feel like a fool in class and what was said to Dougan. The statement kept ringing deep in his thoughts, 'tainted blood.' What did it mean?

In a vision Obi-Wan saw some place he had neaver been, or seen in a holo for that matter. It was a planet that was thick and lush with plant life. The humanoids that inhabited this jungle planet centered around a huge river and its tributaries.

He saw that each village or city had a temple. In the largest city the temple's steps led directly down to the river, where thick grass that ended in sharp neetle like points grew. Some how he knew these frons were sacred to the people who lived there.

A Sabel-Jag. a large river cat, appeared with the grass in its mouth and spoke, "This will help you find your ancestors."

Then Obi-Wan saw a jedi on the steps of the river temple. The jedi looked a lot like a grown version of Obi-Wan, but he knew it was not himself. The knight was met by a native woman. They stood in the river symbolicaly holding hands.

Sudenly dark clouds appeared and thunder cracked above them. The people of the temple grabed the jedi and stabed him with the knife like grass.

The woman now held a baby and stood in a river of blood. The jedi's blood. The people came for them. She ran into the stars.

The next thing Obi-Wan saw in the vision was Master Yoda saying, "A jedi he must be." The woman from the strange planet was handing Yoda the baby, the baby covered in blood. Still Yoda took it from her. The woman dissapeared.

Obi-Wan was so disturbed by the sight of the baby covered in blood held out to Yoda that he barely percieved the end of the vision... Yoda held up the baby who was now shrouded in golden white light.

The young jedi's eyes shot open. Next to him his master was still in calm meditation along with the others. Obi-Wan had to follow his urge to run. He ran to the roof of the temple. When ever he was troubled he needed to see the stars.

The lights of the city made it hard to see them on Coruscant The top of the temple was high enough over the city lights that they could be seen. That night they shown bright. Obi-Wan would not return to his cambers, he would sleep under the stars.

In the morning Kenobi thought he could handle facing Master Kasan. He strted to go to the lecture room where the class was determined not to let the creepy old master scare him off. He found his data pad where he'd left it, but he would not sit there. He moved to the back of the room.

Dougan turned and looked at Obi-Wan as if to say, 'What are you doing back there?' Before he cold ask, Master Kasan started his lecture.

"Today I will discuss how the different species have specal strengths and weeknesses in battles." Kasan started. The lecture was actually interesting, but Obi-Wan didn't dare ask or answer any questions.

After the first hour the students were allowed to take a break. Some stayed behind to talk or go over notes. Obi-Wan stayed behind drawing doodles of the great ancient Coruscant battle of the Taungs and Zhell.

"Is that what your wasting your time in my class on Kenobi?" Kasan was now standing over Obi-Wan. "I don't know why you bothered to even come here."

"Niether do I!" Obi-Wan yelled in an outburst of anger. At the same time he knew he was not acting as a jedi padawan should.
    He felt that Master Kasan was not acting like a master should either. Qui-Gon would tell him there was no excuse for yelling at a master, even a bad one. As soon as the words were out of his mouth, he was out the door. 'I've done it now.' He thought.

There were four hours before Obi-Wan was to meet with Qui-Gon. He felt as of he should do something constuctive to make up for leaving Kasan's class. There was a very old knight named Chugi. Chugi was a human who was approching his hundredth year.

For an human jedi this was rare. Many died young in the line of duty. Humans even jedi were a relitively frail speeces. By sixty-five to seventy the figh

23. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    Poor Obi-Wan. Being rejected at the age of thirteen must have scarred him forever. Will he show more signs of insecurity in the military?
    I must say, I like the way you give us interesting flashbacks into Obi-Wan's past.

24. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    BUSH
    The Science of Things.
    Letting the Cables Sleep.

You in the dark
    You in pain
    You on the run
    Living a He!!
    Living your ghost

Neaver seem to get in the place
    That I belong
    Don't want to loose the time
    Lose the time to come

Whatever you say it's alright
    Whatever you do it's all good
    Whatever you say it's alright

Silence is not the way
    We need to talk about it
    If heaven is on the way

You in the sea
    On a decline
    Breaking the waves
    Watching the lights go down
    Letting the cables sleep

Silence is not the way
    We need to talk about it
    If heaven is on the way
    We'll wrap the world around it
    If heaven is on the way

I'm a stranger in this town

"I don't think he even slept in his chambers last night." Qui-Gon said in frustraion. "I don't know what this is even about. I thought he'd talk to me, but he didn't."

"Acting like himself he is not." Master Yoda thought aloud. "Tell you what was wrong he did not you say."

"I don't think he's in any danger. I have no doubt I'll find him easily." Qui-Gon continued. "When I bring him back, I think it best if the punishment came from someone elce. I am too upset to be objective."

"Find the reason for this behavior of Obi-Wan's," Yoda advised, "and maybe find your objectivity you will."

"As always your wisdom will guide me." Master Jinn bowed and started to trace his padawan's steps. First he went to see Master Kasan. Maybe Obi-wan had only gone off on an adventure with one of the other young jedi.

"He showed up, but left." Kasan said. At first he sounded sincere bu then added. "It's just as well, he has shown no inclination to even try to learn."

Qui-Gon did not comment, but thought 'Obi-Wan not try to learn? As if anyone could stop him.' If anything Obi-Wan dug too deep.

"Here look." Kasan continued. "He left his data pad. It's full of doodles. Other than that I can not tell you anything." He handed Qui-Gon the data pad and cosed the door. Qui-Gon had no reason to doubt him, yet something was not right.

Kasan's odd dislike for Obi-wan had started around a year and a half ago, when there two padawan's got lost on a mission. Kasan's padawan Dougan, still unknown to the masters, had paniced when the two boys got lost. Of all people it was Obi-Wan who kept him calm. Kenobi had a way of being there for others in a way he wasn't for himself.

The true reason for Kasan's dislike of Obi-Wan would not be apparent for a long time to come.

Qui-Gon's next stop was the chambers of padawan Thatch. "Pardon me Dougan, did you and Obi-Wan or any of the others have a disagreement today?"

"No Master Qui-Gon." Dougan told the truth. The boy neaver conected the question to what his master had said yeaterday. "He left class today. I guess he didn't like being wrong all the time."

"Wrong, what do you mean?"

"Well, every time he answered or asked a question, Master Kasan seemed to be adiment that Obi-wan was wrong."

"Thank you for your help Padawan Thatch." Again Qui-Gon bowed and left. He was thinking 'Obi-Wan wrong?' He knew his padawan could be anoyingly persistant in asking for clearification from a teacher or instructor, but not many knew more about galactic history. It was Obi-Wan's passion. As for battle tactics Qui-Gon himself had taught Kenobi on that subject.

The next place he checked was the hall of the ancients, he knew Obi-Wan liked to go there. Maybe someone had seen him.

"Ah Master Qui-Gon," Master Askha greeted, "I see young Kenobi has told you what happend today."

"No." Qui-Gon admited. "I'm looking for him. I see I was right in thinking he'd been here."

"That's not unuseal, but today was quite different. He tryed to view the holocron unguided." Qui-Gon knew this was not good. Askha continued. "Padawan Ryuso seemed to think Obi-Wan was going to look up his paretage."

Qui-Gon sighed heavily. 'Was this what this was all about?' Jinn left to find Ryuso. It was late but he was still catologing new artifacts that had arrived. He told Qui-Gon of what happened with old Chugi. The old jedi's garden home was the next stop.

As he made hi

25. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    Uppers!!
    Reading fanfics is a great way to calm down and relax. The Taiwan presidential elections are on 3/18, the race is sooo close, and I'm dying of suspense. Anyway, thanks jodiwent.