main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT The Unifying Force: The Expanded Universe Solving Plot Holes Original Trilogy Edition

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by TheWatcher, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Agreed. I mean, Vader clearly isn't as invested in the ROTJ duel as he was in the previous two films. By the time he is dueling Luke late in ROTJ, he has been inching ever closer to coming back to the light side of the force. Luke even says to him on Endor, "search your feelings father, you can't do this. I feel the conflict within you, let go of your hate." And then during the duel, "your thoughts betray you father, I feel the good in you, the conflict." I don't really look at the ROTJ duel as a loss for Vader, but more of him doing what any normal father would do, which is not being able to kill their own son. By the point in the duel where Luke is in a rage, Vader is giving way the entire time, until he finally just holds on to the railing and lets Luke hammer away at him. It's as if he is saying, "go ahead son, end my suffering." It's a truely great moment when one stops to think about it.

Sarge likes this.
  2. Bacrof

Bacrof Jedi Master

Aug 20, 2002

No movie of this nature conveys the passage of time well. How much time passes in Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter only does it successfully because you know the time period when it begins and when it ends.

Fuzzy time is not specific to Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.