main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Union Law (Han/Leia AU) - Updated 12/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: The Union Law
    Summary: Han is discovered by Luke and Lando, and brought back to the Rebel Base to find that Leia has been married in his absence to a wealthy Lord because of an old Alderaanian Marriage Law.
    Notes: Inspired by a Challenge on fanfiction.net.
    Category: An AU story set between ESB and ROTJ.

Hoth.
    It was the most coldest blasted place, that Han Solo had ever been on. After nearly three months of sitting inside a huge chunk of carbonite you'd think a change of weather wouldn't bother somebody so much, but Han Solo was afraid his toes would break off before he even made it fully inside the Base from the docking center.

Everyone was thrilled to see him. Chewbacca nearly broke him with a bear hug. Luke patted him on the back before going off to see about his own duties, and Lando said it was great to have his old buddy back before doing the same.

Everyone greeted him as he made his way to the Med center for a check-up. Everyone that was, except for one very important person...

Leia.

Han believed she would have been on the rescue mission with Luke and Lando, but they made the excuse that her duties wouldn't allow her to leave the Base like they once had. The war was getting worse for everyone. They had said.

Han then believed that she would be there in the docking center. There was no way she would miss him there. But everyone had been there...but her.

A bitter reality then set in. His last words to Leia hadn't been what she had wanted to hear. She had let him go willingly when he went missing and moved on to some lucky son of a bantha that hadn't been afraid to tell a beautiful Princess that he loved her too.

Han briefly thought of Luke with Leia and somehow couldn't see them together. Leia cared for him and he for her, but there never had been any spark there.

Not like what he had felt with Leia himself.

His chest pained as he walked himself around the Base looking for her. He knew what likely would happen if he did. Leia would tell him it had been fun, but she couldn't have waited so long for any man.

But Han had to know what was going on.

He found himself standing outside of her suite in the cold Base and adjusted his coat all the way to his neck before knocking on the steel doors.

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Poor Han! *sighs* And once again, Leia marries another man.... *cries*

More????

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The next post should be ready by tomorrow- when I have a little more time to spend with it.

This story was also inspired by one of my first H/L stories on the forums, which resides in the Classic board. I'll post a link to it- if I can ever find it again that is. 8-}

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great start! :D

5. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Start!

6. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    When is Leia ever going to learn that the only man she is allowed to marry is Han! Bad girl, Leia!

7. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    cool. Can't wait for more...and the link.

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    "Eight-Six-Four-Twenty-Ten."

Han said the audio lock number on Leia's quarters after receiving no answer from twenty minutes of knocking on her chamber doors. The base audio computer had confirmed that the Princess was inside her suite before he arrived here. Han couldn't understand what was happening.

"-Wrong Lock Number-" The audio voice then snapped in Leia's tone.

"What?" Han snapped in return. "You said that this was Princess Organa's Suite!" Han accused hotly.

"-No one that lives here goes by that identification.-" The computer warned.

"But you told me that-"

"-I told you that Princess Leia lives in this residence-" The computer spat. "-The residence owners 'do not' go by the family name of 'Organa', 'sir'-" The audio then hissed.

"Residence owners?" Han just about roared now. "What the hell are you talking about? There would be only 'one' owner!"

"-No, there are two-"

"And what 'exactly' is their name?" Han demanded.

"-Aratheilin Silmor, once high lord of the Great Tower of Oro Woods on Alderaan, son of the late high lord Augustine Silmor. The alderaanian Silmor family are descendants of the late alderaanian King Philiamer, he who ruled before Alderaan was a govern System. Aratheilin's mother was a Senator in the House of Organa upon her union to Augustine, a high council member of the Organa Court with her husband, her name was Ellemara, a great and trusted high lady for many years before Alderaan's destruction.-"

"Get on with it all ready, will yeah?" Han shouted.

"-Leia Anne Organa, once senator aide to the high senator Mon Mothma in the Old Republic for the Organa Court at the young age of thirteen, became a senior senator at the age sixteen in her fathers Court, gained the rank of General in the forces by age twenty, commander of own cell by age twenty-two, accepted union contract by the House of Silmor six days ago...-"

Han was furious, "What 'exactly' is her full name 'now'?"

"-Leia Anne Organa, Princess of Alderaan, the High Lady of Silmor.-"

"No," Han whispered.

He was brought to his knees.

"No." He spoke softly.

The doors to the Suite then slipped open, unnoticed.

9. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    :_| :_|
    NOOOO!!!
    Poor Han!
    :_| :_|

10. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    Poor Han! is right. Han sure has been getting the short end of the stick lately in alot of fics. He has my total sympathy.

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    :_| :_| :_|

Then shoots Leia. [face_devil]

12. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Interesting fic, Sara_Kenobi - looking forward to the ride - Although, it would be nice to know if you're pro-H/L or not and just how sadistic your Muse/s tend to be - I'll need to steel my heart if Han and Leia are in for a bumpy ride ;)

"The doors to the Suite then slipped open, unnoticed....is this Leia or her 'significant other' or one of their servants? Hmmm? ?[face_plain]

13. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Poor Han-Good Post!

14. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    only 6 days ago. . .

poor guy!

I bet Luke and Lando are gonna get it for not resucing Han earlier. . . .

15. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great story !

And.. poor Han :_| :_|

16. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Oh poor Han. That isn't such a great welcome back is it?

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks so much for all the replies and comments. They're very welcome. :) I'll update again either Thursday or Friday of this week.

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The doors opened to Leia's Suite and left a young woman in perfect sight of a broken man on the floor of the corridor outside of her rooms. Her brown eyes welled up in knowing that this person was in pain because of something that she had not done.

Leia knew she should have went with the others to find him. But after everything, the idea of seeing Han again seemed just impossible. Would he understand her reasons? Somehow she didn't think he could.

She placed one small hand on his shoulders and she felt him gasp in shock. He thought himself alone and hadn't heard her approach.

Strong hands quickly wiped at his handsome face before turning and looking up at her. Those blue and grey eyes were stunned at seeing her again. Also, hurt shone brightly in their depths.

"Hello, Han," Leia said softly and touched his face, "I'm sorry for everything. I hope you can hear me out first before you judge me?"

"I'm listening."

He stood up to his full height and looked at her impatiently.

"Come inside."

"Why the hell should I?"

Leia jumped at the coldness she had not expected from him.

"Because you need to hear my side of things first." Leia replied easily. "You have to know why I married him."

"The hell I do." Han snapped bitterly. "Do you really think I wanna go in there and see him with you? Hell, I know we weren't together long, Leia, but I thought we had something worth waiting for at least."

Han then began to stalk away in the other direction.

"If you can just wait a little more...we still can be..." She shouted after him.

Han stopped. It was something he hadn't expected or she.

"Tell me...now." He said.

"I received a message from an old friend of my father, Aratheilin Silmor. He said that all of his heirs were dying or dead all ready on Alderaan." Leia said. "Twenty years ago my father agreed to a marriage contract for me for an heir of his line. I was supposed to marry his son, Thelian Silmor, on my twenty-first birthday. Thelian died though on Alderaan with most of his family. Aratheilin is very sick now and is dying. And he said that if I married him instead of his son, I would be the sole living heir of his line and would inherit billions upon his death."

"Did I just hear you right, sweetheart?" Han began uneasily. "You married some dying...old man...for his money?"

"In a way..." Leia agreed. "But I have reasons."

Han then started laughing.

"Wow, I'm impressed Princess." Han nearly choked. "I thought I was the only Pirate in this place."

"What?" Leia gasped, clearly insulted.

Han then took off laughing down the corridor with the Princess at his heels.

This was far from over.

19. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    WoW Han is hungry.. with reasons.

Great post :)

20. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    :eek: WHAT?
    Her Fathers Friend?
    Oh, I'm gonna be sick!

21. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Oh I'm with starrunner. That does sound a little sick!!!

22. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    hey sara, great new fic! :D

But Leia marrying her fathers friend? :eek: Icky! Poor Han, OMG!

Great job, don't leave us hanging here, post more soon. :D

23. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    The only reason I can see for Leia marrying this man is to eventually use his money to aide the Rebellion. With Leia's luck, he will live much longer than she thinks. Han has good reason to be laughing at her. She deserves it!

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    She didn't marry him for romance guys. You can relax. 8-}

25. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    ...*** chiquita murmurs to self ** Leia is no Anna Nichole - Leia is no Anna Nichole - Leia is no Anna Nichole...

OMG - the premise and the (extremely) AU potential for this are outrageous - this could be fun - except for the sobering thought of the obligitory (??? or not) consumation of the "Union". :eek: :eek: :eek:

...at least Han was laughing...so maybe he's not taking it personally...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.