main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Unknown Path (AU) Owen Lars

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NightWatcher91, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Title:
    Author: NightWatcher91
    Characters: Owen, Beru, OC's and various canon and EU characters
    Genre: Owen and Beru Lars AU
    Timeline: 18 BBY
    Summary: Owen Lars is out of luck at home. When he takes a new job it turns his entire life in a direction he never imagined. A path that will make him face decisions that will shape the entire Galaxy.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, nice teaser. Looking forward to more. =D=

NightWatcher91 likes this.
  3. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Tatooine –
    Beru had known where Owen would be as soon as she stepped out into the hot night air. There was only one spot that Owen claimed as his own since she had met him. It had been where his mother had often stood holding him when he was a mere baby. His father had lost Owen one night, and found the boy standing there looking out at the stars above him. Instead of getting angry he had merely sat down with his son, and put his arm around him. Owen did not seem to notice her approaching as she stopped a few feet away from him. He had been far too quiet lately. Barely speaking any words when asked how the day had gone. His beard had grown to match the one his father had worn years ago. At 26 he seemed an exact clone of Cliegg Lars.

The blaster attached to his hip had become a new normal since the new addition to their lives had arrived. Though Beru had seen it as a blessing when Luke had been given to them she knew Owen saw it as another burden placed upon him. He was a loving man, and that was what had drawn Beru to him. Yet he could become cold, and would shut himself off to anyone without a warning. Lately he had become the cold Owen with Luke’s arrival, and his meetings with Ben Kenobi. He claimed merely to be a friend of Anakin. The brother Owen had only seen that one time he had come to his home world. After that the man had simply ridden off leaving the child in their care. They had tried for a child of their own. Once they had been close, but it was clear Beru would never birth one. Owen had been supportive and loving during that time. She placed her hand on his shoulder as she always did, and he gave her a brief look before turning back to his stars.

“Luke is asleep.” She said as he took her hand. The child had never been a problem since he was entrusted to them. In fact it had stunned Beru just how calm Luke was. She had heard countless stories of how children could be sheer nightmares, but Luke had only been well behaved. He also ate more than Beru could imagine. He went through multiple meals a day, and yet never seemed to get filled.

“He could sleep through a sandstorm if he wanted to.” Owen replied in his neutral tone. He had never been a man of many words. It was a trait of the Lars men she had discovered. The bags under his eyes made it clear how tired he was. “Reyn and his family are leaving their farm. Sand People took out five of their moisturizers. Every time they try to fix it they just attack again.” It had become normal news to hear that. Most of the people they knew had given up on their farms. Too many struggles had come up, and the Sand People seemed to never stop. Beru’s eyes slowly went to the grave of Owen’s step mother.

“They seem to stay well enough away from us.” She said more to reassure herself. Every morning she hoped that Owen would be safe as he went out. He and Luke were all she had in this Galaxy. “Besides it’s almost harvest season. With all the work you’ve done I’m sure we will make a good profit.”

“Prices are dropping this season.” He grunted clearly displeased with this piece of news. There had been some chance that this would end up being a hard harvest for them. Owen hadn’t been able to hire on any extra hands to help, and the droids they had were falling apart daily. “We would be lucky to make anything off what we have. I’m still behind on payments for the speeder bike. Got another message about it today.” He seemed to almost age years before her eyes. As if the weight of the Galaxy had been dropped onto his shoulders, and he had no idea what to do with it.

“We’ve made it by with little before.” She said trying to reassure him. He merely shook his head at that as he let go of her hand. For a moment his eyes seemed to lock onto something in the distance, but she couldn’t make it out.

“That was before Luke.” He spoke truthfully on the subject. Owen had never been one to shy away from what was the heart of the matter. With Luke in their lives they had to work that much harder. Beru wanted the boy to be raised safely and to have a good life. So far it had been a struggle, but the boy was healthy. “I’ve tried to look for work at other farms around. Some of the bigger ones like Darklighters. No one is hiring, but Darklighter told me Mos Eisley spaceport is always looking for workers.” Beru noticed how uneasy that made him. The aspect of going into that place was not something Owen had ever enjoyed.

“You might end up going off planet. You could be gone for a while if you got a job.” She let that hang in the air to see his reaction to it. Apparently he had already thought that over as he scratched at his beard. Her eyes then noticed a figure that seemed to be moving in their direction.

“I’ve gone over that idea for days now Beru.” A sigh escaped him as he looked at her for a few seconds. The figure seemed to be approaching at a pace far faster than any person seemed able to move. Yet it did not frighten Beru as it continued on its way. Owen’s face went hard as the robed figure stopped a few feet away from them. “That’s why I didn’t have a choice, but to contact him. If I have to be gone I want you and Luke to be protected.” The figure removed the hood covering its face as Obi-Wan-Kenobi looked at the two people. He seemed rather calm as he walked over to them.

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Great start! I like Owen/Beru and this seems to represent them well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.