main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unknown Regions

Discussion in 'Literature' started by virtualoctopus, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Given the proximity (on a galactic scale) of the UnkNown regions to the Core Worlds, such as Coruscant, the established Capital of the Republic, why is it that the Unknown Regions do not seem to have been explored, or at least mapped?

I know the Chiss are out there, and this 'Big Threat', but is there some other reason?

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    They're out of the way, possibly full of unknown and potentially dangerous lifeforms. There have been expeditions into there, and they're not fully unknown anymore, but with the galaxy in a near-constant state of turmoil (or a galaxy in a "golden age"), there's simply no reason to open a new can of worms.

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Actually I belive the UR are a seprate Galaxy in extremly close proximity to the real GFFA. Its also worth the note that the Killian Rangers, also inhabit this area as well as barbaric tribs such as that squid head guys from Command Decision.

4. virtualoctopus

Nov 2, 2001
    Aren't "Squid Head Guys" Quarren? Aren't they from Mon Calamari?

5. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    No ill try to get the name, they a barbaric species from the uR.

6. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    The leaders name is Creysis

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Curtis Saxton (http://www.theforce.net/swtc) is of the opinion that the Unknown Regions are actually above the Galactc Rim; IHO, the UR is a large number of errant star systems that are close to the GFFA but not part of it.

8. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Ah here it is...the Ebruchi

9. virtualoctopus

Nov 2, 2001
    What else is there in the unknown regions except The Chiss, this 'terrible enemy' or something, and the ebruchi? (apart from lots of stars/planets)

10. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Yeah, what other known or semi-known species are in there?

11. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    The Killian Rangers, the rest is belived to be Barbaric tribs and the "Great threat"

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    well, depending on the source, the tofs and the nagai are theorized to have homeworlds in the unknown regions. Of course they are said to have homeworlds in another galaxy as well. These same gffa scientists theorize according to the gamer 1, and EG to aliens, as well as the official site article, that nagai lied about there origins to hide there homes in the unknown regions from harm.

Of course some still believe the modern EU made a continuity booboo with that new view.

13. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Good point Val, I belive its in the UR.

14. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    They might be the regions less dense with starsystems between the spiralarms of the galaxy and the area between the main galaxy and the intergalactic void.

They might have been mapped thousand of years ago, but nobody was interested in them, because of the few and "less" advanced civilisations there and for safe trade those worlds were to far away.

And with the decay of the Old Republic and fifty years of civil war the majority of people was busy with other things.

15. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Dang ! Where's ron corless when you need him ??? ;) :D

16. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I think im good enough! C'mon I know alot about the UR, more then anyone else it seems.

17. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yes, you do know quite a bit about the UR, 'Dude. Certainly more than I do...

18. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    The Ebruchi pirates live there,Nagi,Tof's,the Chiss and the Ssi-Ruukk Imperium is also hidden there, maybe the next essential guide to planets will shed soe light on the worlds and region.

19. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    wasn't adumar in the unknown regions?
    or near it at least?

20. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yes, it is very near...

21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Does anyone else thing that one of the "great threats" may be a another vong invasion force that was trying to get into the galixy earlier thatn the official force

22. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes that has been speculated by the Tach Commentaries along with the Unifficial Enclyclopedia.

23. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    I'm here! I'm still dying to see what's in the UR. I think there are many many planets/moons and aliens there waiting to be discovered by the NR/Jedi. I hope we see the UR in future NJO books or in post-NJO books dealing with Ben's adventures. I hope Luke,Mara and Ben have an adventure in the UR in a future novel. And of course Han and Leia and the Solo twins as well.

There are many story opportunities in the UR for our heroes. I was hoping we would see the UR after Vision of the Future with Luke and Mara having adventures in the UR. I still hope it will happen in NJO. Perhaps the NR/Jedi can borrow ships/weapons from aliens in the UR to
    defeat the Yuzzhan Vong once and for all. Perhaps this will happen in the final NJO hardcover. I hope the Ssi-Ruuk & the Aang-Ti Monks pop up in NJO to help the soon to be dead NR to fight the Vong. Perhaps Destiny's Way or the Force Herectic trilogy or the last NJO hardcover will take place in Wild Space,the Kathol Rift or the UR. I really hope so. But of course our heroes will take back planets in the Outer Rim and Imperial Space as well.

24. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    The most crucial thing in the Unknown Regions is the 250 Imperial sectors there.

Remember, Parck DID say that the Chiss & those Imperials were SEPERATE, & that the Chiss volunteers were coming from an area controlled by the ruling Chiss families, NOT the regions mapped as Imperial sectors.

Personally, I was a tad pissed off when Stackpole had them suddenly pop onto the scene, as if Pellaeon & co. had known about them all along, rather than not at all, as was the case. I mean, Luke & Mara had actually taken the trouble to maroon Parck & his cronies by trashing their hangar so they couldn't get off planet, & then as if by magic, Stackpole erases all that.

Sigh. *Misses the days of the Imperial threat, overdone or no. Chiss, Imperials, Sith...*

25. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes there are TWO sith groups peps, THRAWNS IMPERIAL PHELANXE and THE MAIN CHISS BASED IN CSILLA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.