The (Unofficial) Celebration Europe 2 thread: The Fandom Strikes Back

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by ForceGhostOfCozmic, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    If there's a CE2 I'm pretty sure that for practical reasons they'll go for London again. It's easy to travel there from all over the world, they now have the experience of handling things in the UK, and there's also enough of people who while not being fans are interested enough to show up for a day.
  2. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I just hope they go somewhere bigger for the next one.
  3. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    They don't need to. All they need to do is open up the North Hall.
  4. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Or that. Either would be good.
  5. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4
    What they used last time was fine until the saturday rush hit, so I agree that they should open it out into the North hall too, was surprised that they didn't do it this time round actually.
  6. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's one thing that surprised me, the lack of space used. I mean, they used part of the South hall to hold some of the queue on the Saturday.

Did they really think fewer people would come to this?
  7. Qui-Gina-Jinn Force Ghost

star 4
    You don't say... :p
  8. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lol you know the only picture I got from the whole weekend was of the same queue, on my moble phone :p
  9. Qui-Gina-Jinn Force Ghost

star 4
    There are more where it came from ;) Including pics of the queue OUTSIDE....
    That up there is hardly half of the line...

How come you didn't get any pictures??
  10. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For some reason, my camera didn't take any pictures. The film mustn't have been in properly because when I took it to be developed, the guy at the shop told and showed me it was blank :(
  11. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    #

Stick with me - you'll be fine!. Seriously - were you in London - did we meet? If not - how!?

And can people please stop referring to Europe as the 'Mainland' :p Ain't no monopoly money over here (if you ignore the new twenty quid note...) ;)

CE2 would only ever be in one o the big countries that has an eminent Star Wars following, given the good sho the Italians, Spanish and Germans all had at London, i'd say one of those would be odds on if London doesn't get it again.
  12. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4
    I was waiting in that queue for almost 45 mins, got a few funny pictures out of it though. They could have diverted the queue to loop around elsewhere and opened the hall out a bit more.
  13. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Ug, I really don't think any of it qualified as fine. C4 was run far better in terms of keeping the lines moving and minimizing overcrowding. CE had people packed in so tight it probably violated fire safety codes for most of the weekend.

Most likely it will be in London again because the organizers of the event usually have to sign a contract with the venue committing to use the same location.
  14. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd be surprised if they'd had to do that for ExCeL given the general popularity of the venue.

The venus is much bigger than we got to see - to be honest if they were going to cram us that much they could have stayed at Earls Court!
  15. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    wherever they hold it, for Force's sake, get the right to play something beside the Main Theme!
  16. Lord_Hengill Jedi Knight

I agree that another Celebration should be in London. It is easiest to get to than any other city in Europe.
  17. MaraStardreamer Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe for someone who lives in England. I had to change two planes to get there :D Besides, it's the most expensive city in the world, except Moscow. How about a celebration in Moscow? :D
  18. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Amen to that. It started to get on my nerves after the third time, and by the sixth time my brain simply started to ignore it... :p

Moscow? o_O London wasn't expensive enough for you?
  19. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't think the queues were that bad on the friday ( compared to some film cons i've been to) but I agree they needed more ticket checking toll thingys. Half of the people were just allowed to walk through anyway!
    Saturday was a different story as I said, queued for 45mins and it was far too over crowded. I got really angry at a queue jumper that day :mad:
  20. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    SO CEII in the North next time?;)
  21. glennth Jedi Knight

star 2
    The next CE should be held in Oslo, no doubt... Norway == Hoth! ;)
  22. Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Master

star 4
    My dear friends.

Doesn't matter where it is... I'll be there!
  23. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Nooooo!!! NOT HOTH AGAIN!!! :_| :_| :_|
  24. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry!!!

I swear I didn't know the line was long!!

I had already been inside once that day!!!

That was stupid putting the other stage outside like that.
  25. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    That's be great. :D I've always wanted to go to Ho- I mean Norway. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.