main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY the **UNOFFICIAL** NON-NYLINE ticket acquisition thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by episodenone, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverJedi331

SilverJedi331 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    I HATE MY PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mom is being a total b*tch about this cuz the stupid SAT's are on saturday. I dont even give a **** about that idiotic test. I dont even want to go to college anymore!!

I COULD KILL SOMEONE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

The one thing in my life that Ive been waiting for for 3 freakin years!!! I hate how no matter what, I always manage to get ****ed over in the end.

2. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    dude. i feel your pain.

but your mom is has a point. SATs are way more important ? yes, more important than Star Wars.

you only get one chance (ok, you get 2 but do you really wanna take them twice?!) for a test that will, unfortunately, play a big part in where you go to college and what you do with your life.

Star Wars will be there when the SATs are over. And really, what better way to celebrate?

3. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    That sucks that the SAT's are Saturday, but as Echo said take them now. And besides if youfinish early enough you'll still have time to stop by.

4. SilverJedi331

Apr 26, 2002
    My point that I was trying to get across to her was that I already scored low on all the practice exams that I took. After I took the prep course, my score went down. The way I see it, theres nothing I can really do to get a higher score, and losing a few hours of sleep isnt gonna make much of a difference. The fact is that Im stupid and I cant really get smart over night to raise my score much higher. Its not like Id be missing the actual test itself. She just wants to be anal about Star Wars and its getting irritating.
    Im so glad Ill be far away from these freaks when episode 3 comes out so I can do whatever I want without someone having a lightsaber shoved up their ass about everything I want to do. I cant wait till Im free.

5. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Ok..I spoke with 2 theater owners today and the latest word is tickets CAN go on sale Friday, but they are not sure IF they will. There is a disagreement going on somewhere and also security of camp outs is a concern. My advice would be to hawk the theaters as well as the ticket selling websites and the official SW site. Watch carefully folks..and may the Force be with you!

6. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    yeah... how would lining up early on a friday affect a test you're taking saturday? :confused:

parents are weird like that. but speaking as a college kid doing the line - star wars without parents is very much fun. :D

7. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    My mom is being a total b*tch about this cuz the stupid SAT's are on saturday. I dont even give a **** about that idiotic test. I dont even want to go to college anymore!!

Back 2 years ago when i took my SAT's...i didnt give a flying rats you know what. I dont believe that SATs should be what colleges look at to see how well you will suceed in college. Cause i got a really horrible SAT score(Because i answered by going enie, miney, miney, mo.), but im doing EXCELLENT in college... got myself a 3.60 GPA this semester :)

Well.. lets hope i get the 3.60. thats my estimate.....my under estimate. Still have 2 finals to take and 1 final paper to hand in.

8. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    SilverJedi- check your PMs.

LadySith- thanks for the advice. Thats just what i plan to do :)

VLAmidala- i know you meant well, but SilverJedi is feeling bad enough already. I think the problem is not about waiting in line, but rather seeing a 12am showing when the SATs are the next day.

and JS- yeah, you're right. they shouldnt matter but sadly they do.

9. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    ah, my bad. i meant it as more of a "yeah, i know it sucks, but it can only get better" sort of thing, but i see what you mean, echo.

::Force-hugs silver :)::

and if it helps you out, i can get tickets for you and mail them to you, it that's okay with your parents and everything. i still have several tickets out of my 12 still open. :D

10. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    well - i guess sat's are a couple of years ago for me - when prequels were just glimmers in gl's mind.

but, taking them and going to college means that i graduated and now make money and can buy dvd's of sw, action figures, flat screen tv's to watch dvd's, and watch sw over and over until i...

well, my point is, take the tests and try not to end up sleeping on the heat vent outside my building. ;)

i stopped by union square last night - but there was noone at customer service and it was too nice out to wait.

unfortunately for ME - i work.
    there is no waiting on line at 10 am.
    any word on what that means for moviefone?
    any word on chelsea or union square for sure?

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    11 am tomorrow (5/3) at AMC Theaters Empire 25. Just got off the phone, nice lady said definite date.

www.movietickets.com
    Phone Line
    Box Office

All three at 11 am.

12. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    no one is answering the phone at chelsea or union square yet. 10:40 EDT

13. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I've also seen the moviewatcher (AMC)newsletter that was sent out today announcing the May 3rd date.

"Tickets for Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones go on
    sale Friday, May 3

Advance online ticketing for Attack of the Clones is available
    at select theatres only. Starting May 3, be sure to check out
    www.moviewatcher.com for the complete theatre list. May the
    force of online ticketing be with you!"

The phone number for the AMC Empire ticketing service is

(212)398-3939

There are more theaters listed at their site with different phone numbers...

14. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    chelsea will epII.
    they do not seem to know when tix go on sale.
    they claim the 10th.
    that's all i got so far. [face_plain]

15. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I also asked the AMC Empire if they were going to have AotC only in their digital screens or what. The lady said that they were going to have some in digital and some not. She didn't know what the showtimes were going to be yet so there is no way to know which ones are going to be digital until tomorrow.

16. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    I went to the Union Square 14 at lunch and asked the people behind the counter and they had no official date set yet, but she thought tickets would go on sale a week before opening day. She did mention though that she was working on which theaters and at what time they would have it, she then proceeded to flash some piece of paper, but i couldn't see anything. so they're working on it but no official announcement yet. has anyone tried the Union Square 14 phones recently, been trying the 253-2225 number and no one ever picks up...
    none

17. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    well, it seems that the zieg has figured out their showtimes:

thursday: 12.01am 3.30am 9am 3.30pm 7pm 10.30pm

friday - sunday: 1.30am 4.45 am 9am 12.15pm 3.30pm 7pm 10.30pm

monday - thursday: 9am 12.15pm 3.30pm 7pm 10.30pm

has anyone heard anything more about whether or not they (the zieg) will be allowing an overnight line? (just 'cause i don't want to get there at midnight and then hafta go back home.)

this is really happening! YAY! :D

18. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    Maybe this was covered in another thread but....

Regarding tomorrow.... if we show up REALLY early 6am or so. Does this mean we'd have to line up BEHIND the NYLINE folk or is it first come first serve tomorrow?

~R

19. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    So what web site? movietickets.com?

20. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    the last i heard is that the regular (non-nyline) ticket line is completely separate. the nyline also doesn't start until 11am, so there shouldn't even be anybody to line up behind - other than the maniacs that beat you there. ;)

21. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    I am SO there first thing in the morning!!!!

~R

22. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    none:
    noone has picked up that phone for me either and like i said, there wasn't anyone to ask when i stopped by.

chelsea doesn't seem to think they are on sale there.

i guess i am stuck on the queue for moviefone tomorrow if i'm lucky!!!

23. SilverJedi331

Apr 26, 2002
    So is there still hope for me to get tickets online at 11AM??
    After crying all last night and today I decided how much I dont care what my parents think and I was gonna run away from home before my parents got up at around 3 in the morning. I dont think Ive ever been so angry in my entire life. But if tickets go on sale on the internet at the same time as the box office, theres no use to get myself into some seriously deep ****.
    So I called AMC and no one but a stupid machine picked up. I also went to a bunch of ticket ordering websites and there is absolutely nothing anywhere.
    Is all of this for sure?

Or maybe no one will know since theyre already on line for the tickets....

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    In the interest of being "protective older member" -- no running away. Nothing, and especially not Star Wars, is worth that. <stern look>I mean it!</stern look> :)

Second, in theory, according to at least the AMC people the tickets will be on sale online at the same time as at the box office. I do not know what the Ziegfeld policy is. www.movietickets.com sells for AMC theaters. www.moviefone.com sells for UA and Clearview theaters.

25. SilverJedi331

Apr 26, 2002
    This is good news. Thanx a lot =)
    Actually, Star Wars, Ewan, and my sister are the only things in my life that are worth running away for. I have a deep attachment, devotion, and dedication to them, so I would never mind getting into trouble for it. It's actually kind of disturbing the way I feel about it and the way I think, so I dont expect many people to see my point of view on the matter.
    But I guess its all good now, and Im lucky I have a fast compu, so hopefully all goes well.
    Good Luck to everyone and May The Force Be With You!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.