main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The unofficial Post-Legacy of the Force thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by THRAWN007, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Probably a stupid idea, but considering that Anakin Skywalker is supposedly the Chosen One who destroys the Sith and that Lumiya, who calls herself Sith, is running around still in LotF and there are rumours of Anakin´s return in series, then couldn´t it be that Anakin´s Force Ghost - and, as seen in ROTJ, Force Ghosts can influence the material world somewhat - destroys Lumiya in the end, so bringing an end to the Sith?

2. Durnar

Durnar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2004
    THatd be really crap. Force ghosts shoudlnt be able to destroy people, it just means that whatever the main charcters do in the book will be totally inconsequential.

Deus ex machina anyone?

3. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Well, Exar Kun, a Sith ghost, succeeded in killing Gantoris and Jedi Force Ghosts are supposedly on a whole different level. I admit that it´s extremely unlikely and not a very subtle theory.

4. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Thats different. For one that was most likely from him possessing Gantoris, and really it had no bearing on the overall plot. The ghost of Anakin appearing and killing Lumiya is deus ex machina at its worst.

5. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Well, Lucas himself considered bringing back Obi-wan Kenobi in flesh for Luke´s confrontation with Vader at one point. Euripides himself would have been proud of that.

And it´s not deux ex machina as such if it´s done well and the readers have been given hints at what is coming. Like Denning is doing with R2-D2´s recordings in the DN trilogy. He´s probably using them for some specific moment in the plot where they become more than mere bridges to the PT. If, for example R2-D2´s recording from Mustafar has some bearing on the new view of the Force the Jedi have accepted, then it would be deux ex machina for R2-D2 just show it one point, but it isn´t deux ex machina if the readers have been given hints of what is to come throughout the trilogy.

6. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    I just cant see it as anything but forced for a ghost to come back and beat the villain. Becaus eif they cna do that, what do the heroes have to do? They could just have port and cigars (and incest) while the dead people do the work.

7. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    They aren´t really dead, but immortal, and it would solve the Sith problem. The other way to solve this Sith problem with Lumiya - and not to be in contradiction with the Chosen one prophecy - would be for the authors of the LoTF series to make big noise of her being Sith and a terrible threat - as she must be a believable foe - for whole of the series and in the end then proclaim that she wasn´t really a Sith. Which would also be a deux ex machina -style ending.

8. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Well, the Propehcy wasnt about destroying the sith though, it was bringing about balance yadda yadda yadda. Which did happen.
    And whos to say Lumiya isnt starting the Neo Sith, rather than the Palpatine order?

9. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Well, the Propehcy wasnt about destroying the sith though, it was bringing about balance yadda yadda yadda. Which did happen.
    And whos to say Lumiya isnt starting the Neo Sith, rather than the Palpatine order?

Point conceded.

10. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    No, you have to do it Zahn style and just say Point and start a flame war [face_whistling]

11. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Let´s leave the flame war for future, shall we?;)

I admit defeat.[face_plain]

12. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    [face_dancing]

I R TEH WINNAH

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Is Luke suppose to be called Grand Master in the begininng or end of LOTF?

14. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I'm pretty sure it's at the end of The Swarm War.

I'd like to have a Ben/Luke story. Where Ben thinks he's more powerful than his father and kinda disrespectful. Have Ben face some threat in the Unknown Regions where he's starting to get pwned by some student of Lumiya. Then Luke comes in and shows some great force power and help Ben defeat the enemy. (Of course the story would mainly focus on Ben)

15. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    The point of this thread is Sue Rostini at C3 said that the Legacy era spans 100 years or more. That means there could be more Legacy novels after the 9 book LOTF series or there could be comics even.

This thread is to specualte what things could come out outside the 9 book LOTF series. Could there be a Legacy TV series in our future with Mark Hamill as an aging Jedi Master Luke Skywalker dropping in now and then as was once rumored before? TIME WILL TELL!!

LEGACY VIDEO GAMES FROM LUCASARTS EVERYONE??!!!

16. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I doubt very seriously there will be a tv series about it, but of course books galore will definitely show the effects of what happened after.

17. THRAWN007

Jul 3, 2002
    I think it would be neat if Lucasarts put out videogames in the Legacy era like a Rogue Squadron game in the Legacy era. Perhaps featuring an older Wedge Antilles or Jaina Solo or even Jagged Fel or even a Knights of the Old Republic/Clone Wars style video game with Luke or Jacen Solo or even Ben Skywalker or his mother Mara Jade-Skywalker.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

18. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm guessing any stories set the end of the 100-year Legacy era would be very ambiguous about the fate of any main characters. We might see an elderly Ben Skywalker cameo, or meet newer Solo / Skywalker / Horn / etc. family members, but anything that far in the future probably wouldn't bind itself too closely to previous EU stories.

It would be interesting if the galaxy around this time were completely different, with new factions, attitudes, concepts, major planets, threats and etcetara, and no real explanation of how they appeared. Then the idea of filling in the Legacy era would be much more appealing. A lot can happen in 100 years. Imagine how baffled a prequel-era Jedi would be after glimpsing a vision of the post-NJO galaxy. I'd like to see this level of change if we ever had a similar leap forward into the future.

19. THRAWN007

Jul 3, 2002
    I asked Sue at the TOS VIP thread if LOTF was the final adventures of Luke,Han and Leia and she said she hopes not.

20. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Ask her if K'Kruhk will feature in it, or his hat.

21. Dinner_Squadron

Dinner_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2004
    So we're guarenteed 65 more years of Luke/Han/Leia? Sweeeeeet. Of course, considering their penchant for jumps in the timeline that'd only be about 3 books...

Unless she only meant the 9 book series by LotF. :-D

22. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I'm also not too happy about this - as has been stated, there's way too many blank spots already that fans have bene begging for years to see more of, and instead we get a little gallavant off to where several major characters are bound to die, which I can only see dividing the fans even more.

And Luke starting to call himself a Grand Master seems way too grandiose for him.

23. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Another attempt at this subject? Why? It's so far off, anyway.

I would like Anakin's force ghost to come back, but not do anything but talk.

24. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Isn't a Grand Master a title awarded to chess champions? Maybe Luke finally found a hobby.

Opponent stares at chessboard. Touches a figure. Luke uses the force. Opponent makes a stupid move and is check-mate.

25. THRAWN007

Jul 3, 2002
    Why not have some future post-LOTF books tie in with some future Sith era books or even a future novel about the origins of the Old Republic and the Jedi even the Unification Wars that helped form the Republic in 2009 AND beyond.

Perhaps Ben Skywalker or Jacen Solo find ancient records of the Unification Wars 25,000 years old and learn about characters that lived around the time the Republic and the Jedi had formed in one novel than another novel could deal with the actual Unification Wars and those characters just like Survivor's Quest and the upcoming Outbound Flight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.