main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unseen Queen Recalled?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wanted to address this without worrying about intruding upon potential spoiler discussion, so forgive me if this has already been addressed in the main TUQ thread.

Anyways, went to pick up TUQ today at Borders but was informed their copies had been recalled due to a printing error (6 pages or so either blank or black), so I'm wondering if this is a shipment/chain related issue or an error affecting the entire printing run?

If it's only certain shipments that are affected- does anyone know which pages were affected so if I look for a copy at another chain I can verify it's a proper copy?

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Maybe this is why I can't find it anywhere. I went to three stores yesterday and none of them had it. They all just said it was "on order" and should be in sometime during the next few days. But I want it NOW! :_|

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have sent out an inquiry.

4. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I haven't finished the book yet. But there were no problems in the first 130 pages.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The official answer is that, thus far, Del Rey is not aware of any printing errors for The Unseen Queen. Colleen will be looking into this further tomorrow, however.

So probably the store not having it in-stock and trying to cover. ;)

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, according to the guy at Borders, they were supposed to have 35 or so copies in stock. Since none were out he went to check in the back, came back a few minutes later with this recall info.

This was in central NJ, if that helps narrow down the inquiry.

7. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Southern NJ, Shore girl here. *waves* :)

I had a real difficult time tracking down TJK, and my B&N said they're not getting TUQ, but I could order it. Didn't hear about any printing errors/mistakes. Hope you have better luck in you search!

[face_good_luck]

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Passed that along, thanks.

9. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    wow that's news to me my copy is fine no problems here.

10. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I havn't got it yet. I need too...

-The Scummy-

11. Uriden

Uriden Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2005
    No problems in Ontario that I've heard of. Several of my friends from other cities reporeted reading theirs as fast as I did.

Most likely it's either a ploy by the store (for whatever reason?) or a very limited number of books had the error.

Sucks either way though, hopefully you get your copy soon!

12. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    There were no problems here either. [face_worried] I'm in south Florida.

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

This could correlate why my local Dymocks said the "American online $15 price" one was "sold out," taking 2 weeks to order in.

My Before the Storm had sporadic smudged ink.

14. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    mine still hasnt shipped from Amazon... and its now 2 days past the official release. usually Amazon is EXTREMELY good about shipping on time or even early.. if it gets to Friday, and still no book im gonna get on the horn...

15. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Come to think of it, I had a lot of trouble finding it here. I found one copy stuck in the SW shelf, which I grabbed. Flipping through it a couple times, I see no obvious problems. That's odd they're recalling it though...

16. Nemuro

Nemuro Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2003
    You just made me go and check my copy... but no, no printing mistakes in this part of the world neither.

17. gemking

gemking Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I ordered mine from Amazon & it arrived on Tuesday!!! (I live in the UK but bought the US version.)

Just have to add that I've only read 3 chapters so far & am really enjoying it - Luke's characterisation is top notch so far!!!

18. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I called amazon.de and they told me they havn´t yet got copies of TUQ from their supplier. they will ship them out when they get them, but still nothing arrived.

19. Colt 45

Colt 45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2000
    I am having difficulties finding it in SE Texas due to the fact that around here, all shipments come out of Houston, which is having a bit of trouble right now and things like this are being delayed.

20. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    sorry C_H but ive got to say at least Amazon is screwing someone besides meh ;)

21. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    well, you may say it. but at last they started shipping the Ultimate Visual Guide today.

and, you are lucky that I do not tell you with rare EU gems are in my recently grown collection. :p

22. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    Amazon.de seems to be 2 weeks late. But no info on why. So apperently that's the reason.

23. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Barnes & Noble did have them in on the 27th, but for some reason hadn't bothered to get them out of the shipping boxes; I had to ask for a copy and they had to fish it out of the back.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>but at last they started shipping the Ultimate Visual Guide today<<

Yeah, that seems to be out now a few weeks early- wasn't expecting to see it when I tried to get TUQ.

25. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    So far, mine is fine... but the local Barnes and Noble either had them massed in some other location, or only had 3 copies at 11 a.m. on the release day... They had a very extensive "Sci-Fi/Fantasy" section though, but I doubt theres enough interest in the area for them to disappear that quickly... they were really hard to find too, I had given up looking until I spotted them near the bottom shelf. Kinda frustrated me, but I got it.. great so far ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.